Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 11 - Some Context

Users who are viewing this thread

<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">Hello all!</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">As many of you may have noticed, we have been rather busy! Last week, we visited Cologne, Germany to attend Gamescom, the largest game conference in Europe. While there, we took appointments to demonstrate some Bannerlord gameplay to the world's media. Along with this, we released a few videos which were used as part of our presentation.</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">It has been great to see the excited response to the clips and we're very pleased that your feedback has been so positive! Of course, the game is still very much in development and so we had to make decisions about what to put in the videos and how it would be presented.</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">Here, we have compiled some of the highlights, along with a small smattering of new footage, which we want to present to you the community, along with a little explanation about some of the features.</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/13

Kalarhan is right, there is a thread in the Other Games section for BCoF; if you keep discussing it here soon people will be spreading rumours of Bannerlord having early access for 150 Euros.

Not for most of the last page- someone quoted a comment about Battle Cry of Freedom from what is now two pages ago, and the discussion switched to BCoF for the rest of the last page. That is what the comments about early access alpha, 150 Euros and a team of four people refer to. It is nothing to do with Bannerlord, and this misunderstanding is exactly what Kalarhan predicted  :lol:

argon45 said:
Owen Wulfson said:
argon45 said:
Covert village to castle eh? I don't understand why you add that sort of thing in game. I think, that is definitly not good. We can see on mainmap a lot of castle to similar each other and each village will be lost. Very good!

Actually no, you don't convert a village into a castle. As I understand it, a village has four plots of land connected to it. One of those plots can have a castle constructed on it. The village is still a village but now there is a castle connected to it which the townspeople can run to for safety - thus saving more lives than if they had just hid in their homes. This is balanced against the fact that villages have limited plots of land and having a village using every plot for economic purposes would maximize your profits.

I understand what you're meaning but its not the same. It is a good thing the townspeople can run to for safety a castle but with that "convert" thing, there is no difference between castles and villages; they're the same, if you can attack the village, you must siege that castle; there is no Castle of xxx, just Poloria both village and castle...

This castle building mechanic is actually fairly realistic. After the 1100s, most castles were built near villages to offer protection to the village, and so the taxes from the village could help pay for the expenses of the castle. This is represented in the original M&B / M&B Warband with castles and villages being linked together (each castle had an assigned village, so if you took over a castle you would gain the village as well). So if you want realism, stop whining and except it.

So excited. Every one of the M&Bs have been fun in it's own way. Looking at the video and features, Bannerlord will be another success. I am sure I don't speak for myself when I say "Shutup and take my money already" .  :fruity:

DanAngleland said:
Not for most of the last page- someone quoted a comment about Battle Cry of Freedom from what is now two pages ago, and the discussion switched to BCoF for the rest of the last page. That is what the comments about early access alpha, 150 Euros and a team of four people refer to. It is nothing to do with Bannerlord, and this misunderstanding is exactly what Kalarhan predicted  :lol:
@DanAngleland,
oh man... I just noticed this epic misunderstanding :razz: They were talking about Battle Cry of Freedom, as you said, but when I come here in the middle of conversation, I got them completly wrong :smile: I'm asking myself, "150 Euros and a team of four people? Taleworlds?"... What the..?"
:lol: :lol:
You illuminated me, thanks :razz:

argon45 said:
I don't say "I want realism". And still, I don't like some aspects of this idea. Whatever.

Realism is the entire point of Mount and Blade, that's why they created it in the first place. If you don't want realism, and you don't like the new features, WTF are you doing here?

kadwn said:
argon45 said:
I don't say "I want realism". And still, I don't like some aspects of this idea. Whatever.

Realism is the entire point of Mount and Blade, that's why they created it in the first place. If you don't want realism, and you don't like the new features, WTF are you doing here?
I wonder, how could you understand this from his post?
Watch your language.

kadwn said:
argon45 said:

jeez whats wrong with you people realism this realism that if you want realism go outside it have many realism there even reality,just because some animation pass through multiple object everyone lose their mind while javelin stuck on a throat and many weird stuff no one bats an eye this is game, realism is nice but need to balance with the fun factor too
and i doubt mount and blade entire point is realism its a sandbox hack and slash game that's what make people like to play it because you can kill people with a sword and rule that world i think simulation base game is more focus on that realism you speak of, besides the first time they make mount and blade it have necromancy and zombie stuff

hiul said:
kadwn said:
argon45 said:

jeez whats wrong with you people realism this realism that if you want realism go outside it have many realism there even reality,just because some animation pass through multiple object everyone lose their mind while javelin stuck on a throat and many weird stuff no one bats an eye this is game, realism is nice but need to balance with the fun factor too
and i doubt mount and blade entire point is realism its a sandbox hack and slash game that's what make people like to play it because you can kill people with a sword and rule that world i think simulation base game is more focus on that realism you speak of, besides the first time they make mount and blade it have necromancy and zombie stuff

First time I read that, I thought of the dude in your profile pic. LOL
Edit: No really, people likes something. If you don't, OK then, you can't make them think differently, @kadwn
Like me, I wan't a devblog telling us how Mounted combat looks like

Back
Top Bottom