Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 11 - Some Context

Users who are viewing this thread

<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">Hello all!</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">As many of you may have noticed, we have been rather busy! Last week, we visited Cologne, Germany to attend Gamescom, the largest game conference in Europe. While there, we took appointments to demonstrate some Bannerlord gameplay to the world's media. Along with this, we released a few videos which were used as part of our presentation.</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">It has been great to see the excited response to the clips and we're very pleased that your feedback has been so positive! Of course, the game is still very much in development and so we had to make decisions about what to put in the videos and how it would be presented.</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">Here, we have compiled some of the highlights, along with a small smattering of new footage, which we want to present to you the community, along with a little explanation about some of the features.</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/13

Willhelm said:
mcwiggum said:
Are the devs planning to add more cheap-ish peasant kit for multiplayer? All the two hand spamming of current native just makes the game cheesy and unrealistic. Two handed swords and higher-up armours should be incredibly rare and expensive.

They need to be slower. I'm okay with 2handers killing in one hit but not when they're almost the exact same speed as 1 handed swords, makes you feel like there's no point in even using a 1 handed sword if it's so slow. It really leaves you with little option but to use 2handers, shields only being for siege assaults. 2handers should have a big momentum penalty where after a swing it continues swinging a bit and needs to be forcefully stopped.

+

Is there any pre-order date set, or any expected date where we can make purchases, I am definitely ready to buy it!

dorgus142 said:
I have a few ideas/sugestions for the combat AI development for Bannerlord. Is there a board that devs read about that? I can't seem to find any. It'd be a lot of text so I'd like it to be at least read.

They sometimes read the main Bannerlord thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,249537.23955.html. We know this because on rare occasions they post there in reply to a comment, but don't expect a reply from them. If nothing else your idea may be of interest to the rest of the community.

In any case that is the most appropriate place to write a non-blog specific idea.

Validus said:
Is there any pre-order date set, or any expected date where we can make purchases, I am definitely ready to buy it!

Not yet unfortunately, all we know is that Armagan's best guess is that it will probably be released in 2016.

Chompster said:
TheTeutonicPaladin said:
Damn. I can hope that they implement it at some later stage in the development then.
I really wouldn't. Multiplayer isn't something you can just tack-on at the end of development so easily. A lot of it needs to be rooted into the game from the start, so if it isn't coming with the base game or even have the code needed for it the chance of MP campaign ever being a thing is extremely slim.

Code needed for it? Would you explain to us what is meant by that?

Not saying  you're wrong, just curious what this code is in relation to the essence of the game. Still I want there to be a multiplayer campaign in bannerlord. If they don't implement it I will be extremely disappointed since they have had years to make this game, but you can't have everything can you.

Even if there is no mp campaign, I'm certain the single player aspect will be near perfect. Lots of goodies in this new game. :smile:

Another feature I'd like to see in Bannerlord is better troop customization. As we know it, our soldiers in warband were pretty straightforward. Pre-made, cookie cutter template troops, with little variation, employed in many armies across the map. I think this is an area that could be improved on in this new game. For instance, I was talking to my friend about how I would like to choose in-depth about how my soldiers train, what techniques they use to fight with, what strengths they develop from different techniques, and with what weapons they train and prefer to use. Let's say I want an army of the Unsullied from GoT. However, I want them to use maces instead of spears. I will then design the type of mace they will use with my in-game weapon crafter and make it standard issue among my army. I also want them to be able to effectively use these maces, so I will have them train in certain distinct styles that lend their strengths to using maces rather than spears. This could be accomplished by selecting that fighting style on a dialogue menu with a troop sergeant, and giving the base soldier template a boost to 1hand->mace proficiency as opposed to polearm->spear proficiency.

I want a dynamic system to design my soldiers. I want to create my own elite ranks of warriors, and I want to be able to design their weapons/armor and equip them, and specialize every aspect of their upgrading through training programs.

For instance, I may need a calradic spearman, proficient in anti-cavalry maneuvers as opposed to anti infantry, or I may need a shielded sturgian swordsmen capable of breaking up a spear phalanx under archer fire, so my elite Vlandian cavalry can route the enemy's missile troops. I want to be able to design troop templates and recruit them.

We already have weapon crafting in bannerlord. What we don't have is troop crafting. What do you guys think of this?

TheTeutonicPaladin said:
We already have weapon crafting in bannerlord. What we don't have is troop crafting. What do you guys think of this?

I think it will be modded in anyway. Custom troops is a common feature in Warband mods. Don't see a reason why it won't be so in Bannerlord. The only hurdle with modded custom troops from Warband was that I needed Morgh's editor to rename the guys to fit the name of my kingdom.

Mr.Nock said:
That game is actually still being worked on? Wow.

Yes, after a full year of silence (didn't post a blog since August 2014) they finally announced the alpha will be sometime in December. Although it's going to be €150.

They do post stuff in the donation bit though, that's why I donated.

The Mighty McLovin said:
Mr.Nock said:
That game is actually still being worked on? Wow.

Yes, after a full year of silence (didn't post a blog since August 2014) they finally announced the alpha will be sometime in December. Although it's going to be €150.

They do post stuff in the donation bit though, that's why I donated.

nice b8 m8...

Afa Potter said:
€150 for an alpha access? I'm shocked :lol:

They said that unlike most other games these days they are not going to need that many testers, and are actually going to do some testing on the gaming, rather than having some advertising. They're a company after all, they need to make money. They are independent and 4 people.

Back
Top Bottom