Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 1 - Hairy Artists

Users who are viewing this thread

<p>Fans of the Mount&Blade series and passing readers, this blog is intended as a source of insight to our world of game development and the TaleWorlds family. Our offices are a series of rooms on a long corridor. Each room physically hosts a different team with a different focus, mirroring our actual team based development structure. This week's blog will discuss the artists' team, known to us as artist takimi (Turkish).</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/2

Asgeir said:
Lovely.

Suggestion: What about being able to throw at ennemies some of your primary weapons, like one handed swords, two handed swords ( it's shown in medieval sources ), some axes, spears ... and then ofc you need to grab them on the floor if you want to keep on fighting with it.

Also, shield bash ... <3
We have that now.  Alt+X throws sword. 

I'm surprised I didn't know this thread was a thing until just now. I appreciate the transparency given with dev blogs for any upcoming games I'm looking forward to.

Folms said:
Nah, make v-logs instead.

This. I think a video of Armagan coding in this:
Armagan_p2611_16.jpg
would make the video viral.

Styo said:
Folms said:
Nah, make v-logs instead.

This. I think a video of Armagan coding in this:
Armagan_p2611_16.jpg
would make the video viral.
He is a real inspiration to the hairy-legged population of this world.

Also, make leg-shaving the new weapon proficience in the game. :lol:

Man this looks amazing so far. I really hope some sort of co-op mode or competition mode gets implemented in Bannerlord.
So that you can either earn your fortune in the lands with your friends or fight against them.
It would truly change the experience of how a Mount & Blade game would feel.

Do it!

Great models, I'm interested to see all the factions in Bannerlord being revealed in the future, both old and new.

Trevty said:
Captain Lust said:
Trevty said:
Will these be weekly features or will they be more infrequent?
Probably not weekly but certainly regular.

I should hope they aren't monthly though.  The pace of development should be a lot faster than that.

The development can go super fast, but they might be doing a lot of the stuff "behind the curtains" such as some features, positioning, programming etc. that they can't/don't want to show yet. You can't judge the development pace based on blogs and updates, some companies prefer to throw out everything they make, the others are just silent all the way.

The somewhat misleadingly named "developer blog" is actually a well-crafted PR piece by Lust who is not a lead programmer or artist.
Ergo, any new updates are dependent on Lust having time to put together more PR pieces during the breaks between all that tattooing of sponsor logos over his scrawny figure.

I only was introduced to mount and blade within the last month. I was instantly a huge fan of the series, but especially warband. What I want to see is the designers taking there time. In my opinion, if a game need mods in order to be a great game than it shouldn't have been released so early. I would have to agree with some of the other bloggers, graphics is not important to me, game play is what I want to see. Frankly they could keep the current combat, but up the politics and quests and I would be decently happy. Granted I won't be unhappy one bit to see the advances in both graphics and the rats aspect of the game, it just isn't want I care about the most. Specifically one think I want to see is more ale defects from becoming champion of a tournament. Such as prestige with nobles or possibly even bitterness over beating them. I also want to see some old school jousting tourneys and old school one on one me lee fights. Maybe even some target archery matches. Just starting to spin off ideas. Lastly, please let us know of a possible release date, I am getting so freaking antsy!!! Lol :wink:

Atmsalad said:
What I want to see is the designers taking there time. In my opinion, if a game need mods in order to be a great game than it shouldn't have been released so early.
Some of us have been playing Warband for over 3 years, we want a change.
Besides, they have been working on Bannerlord for over a year now.

Folms said:
Atmsalad said:
What I want to see is the designers taking there time. In my opinion, if a game need mods in order to be a great game than it shouldn't have been released so early.
Some of us have been playing Warband for over 3 years, we want a change.
Besides, they have been working on Bannerlord for over a year now.
Anytime a company has rushed a game, for what ever reason, it doesn't end well. We as the players have to deal with plot holes, bugs, pore combat systems, AI's that lack intelligence and a score of other things. Personally as a new fan of the game, I want to see it stride for excellence, and not seek to please impatient fans by rushing through it. Not trying to start something, but that's how I feel about that.

Back
Top Bottom