Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 1 - Hairy Artists

Users who are viewing this thread

<p>Fans of the Mount&Blade series and passing readers, this blog is intended as a source of insight to our world of game development and the TaleWorlds family. Our offices are a series of rooms on a long corridor. Each room physically hosts a different team with a different focus, mirroring our actual team based development structure. This week's blog will discuss the artists' team, known to us as artist takimi (Turkish).</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/2

Awwww sweet! New guy here (to the forum, not the game). You know what would be the best welcoming gift? A new blog post. And a release date. Is there a release date yet? Come on, do it for the new guy  :grin:

Adorno said:
May I suggest next blog to be about the game lore, and introduction to some of the characters.
You've already revealed the fall of the Calradic Empire. What happened, who is the emperor, etc.?

I always liked the fact that most of Calradia story was unknown.
It allowed me to create my own history of Calradia.

Adorno said:
May I suggest next blog to be about the game lore, and introduction to some of the characters.
You've already revealed the fall of the Calradic Empire. What happened, who is the emperor, etc.?

I'd rather see more of the envorinment. They promised that scene editor thing too.

hirovard said:
VonTawast said:
Rebelknight said:
I always liked the fact that most of Calradia story was unknown.
It allowed me to create my own history of Calradia.

+1, totally agree on that one.
+1, totally agree on that one.
-+1 and I'll tell you why.
It's a tricky feat of balance to develop a world with enough lore for open-ended roleplay, and at the same time not limiting the player to some pre-canned story.
More developed lore is absolutely needed for Calradia and is one of the biggest weaknesses of the current game, but no main stories, main quest lines and such - they'll do more harm than good.

Adorno said:
I'd bet they left the lore and the NPCs for the last. :smile:

Yeah but, for me at least the whole lore and quests didn't really matter much in Warband. Sure, we all could use more quest types and diversity, but (at least) I didn't care about the lore really, such as Kings' or cities' backgrounds. I just cared about warfare, which is Warband's biggest attribute and needs to expand on it the most in my opinion, just wanted to drop this by. In any case, I'll play Bannerlord with developed lore or not.

I'm under the opinion that with MnB, less lore is better, or at least less development time towards that. The strongest success about MnB is it's open-ended gameplay and modibility. Rather than focusing on its weaknesses, MnB should remain to its strengths and keep progressing those to new feats. Better everything is good, but much better specialization is great. I don't want to see a "Jack of all Trades, Master of None" scenario play out with the future of MnB.

MadVader said:
I'd bet they left the lore and the NPCs for the last. :smile:
I was under the impression the story/lore was the first thing to work on guiding the rest of the work...

Surprised so many don't care about game lore. I also had a stick as a child pretending it was a sword.
But a sword is more fun  :smile:

Faction troop trees being "fleshed out" more would be nice, as its pretty simple atm.

- L1 Cav - L2 cav
Recruit- L 1 Infantry- L2 Infantry- L3 infantry - L4 Infantry
                                L1 Ranged- L2 Ranged- L3 Ranged

Something more diverse with more to it would be interesting, or having to buy supplies in quantity to upgrade troops, like buying a crate of swords etc to improve equipment.

Also one other thing would be having an horse and horse armour, so you can ride a plated saddle horse etc

hirovard said:
Faction troop trees being "fleshed out" more would be nice, as its pretty simple atm.

- L1 Cav - L2 cav
Recruit- L 1 Infantry- L2 Infantry- L3 infantry - L4 Infantry
                                L1 Ranged- L2 Ranged- L3 Ranged
Well, in my opinion, complexity or simplicity of troop trees don't matter too much.
For example, in The Eagle and the Radiant Cross mod, troop trees were very simple.

For some, it was just:
L1 Infantry- L2 Infantry- L3 infantry
                -L1 Ranged- L2 Ranged

However, they had 'faction members only' units from towns, like heavy cavalry or unique units.
It was ruggedly simple, and yet very satisfactory, because all of the units stood out.

Since they're keeping the overland map, they should work to flesh it out a bit. Basic RTS mechanics like ordering subordinates around and movement of resources, laying of ambushes, territory markers would all be welcome improvements. Warband/Mount&Blade's overland map was always a snorefest.

Please for the love of god and all things good PLEASE add coop campaign Idc if I have to pay like $100 for the game I JUST WANT COOP FFS

I think I'd be happier if they released a truly exceptional base game/sandbox which allows people to make things such as Prophecy of Pendor 2 or the like to add lore for those that wish it.

I woud like to see more upgrade capability for towns and castles to build more towers or more houses or something to make them grow a bit.
And a way to make the groups be in formations b4 u start a battle so the mele stand in front of the archers and the cavalry on the sides and not everyone in just a bunch so the enemy cavalry just charges and attack my troops b4 i have fixed em.
And be able to decide where to put the troops in castle so u can have the archers in the towers and on the walls a bit away from where the enemy gets in to the castle because now they are just bunched up in the same area.

They could pout in a companion story teller that can pout together a story about your deeds from the time you were a simple  bandit or caravan guard to the time you became a King or famous general or what so ever . Buildable settlements is a cool idea too. Maybe creating a village of your own that can grow up to become a city . And the possibility to restore the Empire learning more about its lost history in your path. Or the possibility to chose your own culture even merging things from various ones to create an empire of your own...

Rebelknight said:
wesleyveron said:
Someone know if gonna has catapult or trebuchet in the Bannerlord? Or someone think about it?
:shock:
Indeed. That guy makes even your English look good.  :razz:

On topic:

@wesleyveron: No, we don't know if they'll be working catapults or trebuchets in Bannerlord (although it'd be cool as hell if they were added :cool:). We don't know much of anything, to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom