Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 1 - Hairy Artists

Users who are viewing this thread

<p>Fans of the Mount&Blade series and passing readers, this blog is intended as a source of insight to our world of game development and the TaleWorlds family. Our offices are a series of rooms on a long corridor. Each room physically hosts a different team with a different focus, mirroring our actual team based development structure. This week's blog will discuss the artists' team, known to us as artist takimi (Turkish).</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/2

What about the combat gameplay ? Since there has been games like Chivalry with an interesting combat system,I hope M&B2 will improve the fighting as well..
Think it would be nice to keep the directional attack/parry system, but with local injuries, special moves/feints, horse damage, cavalry spear hitting with speed and not only by attacking .... so much to do :/

I would kill for battles with for a clever AI and real formations and orders ... and more men and the battlefield.

And I do share the opinion of many there, graphics are just an enjoyable bonus for this game.

And then, a Game of Thrones mod :oops:

Captain Lust said:
Commissar7 said:
horse damage, cavalry spear hitting with speed and not only by attacking
Both of those things are in Warband.

For horse damage could be, I forgot.
But for the spear attack, I mean, that you could impale ennemies without pressing the attack button, just by aiming your weapon properly.
Damage was indeed already related to horse speed.

You mean couch the lance on horseback for a powerful attack? That's already in Warband. Almost a paramount feature from the very beginning!
If you mean spear bracing (as foot soldier) that's not part of native Warband, no.
But it's in some mods and suggested many, many times.

if you own a village you can draft soldiers there...

On a side note it would be nice for the fief management to be much improved, especially for citys and castles

Duh said:
I just want a cooperative/mp scening mode. We could churn out scenes like no tomorrow.

A coop mode, how could I forget? Of course we need that too.

Adorno said:
You mean couch the lance on horseback for a powerful attack? That's already in Warband. Almost a paramount feature from the very beginning!

And here I am, dozens of hours of playing at Warband, still clicking on horseback ... throw me rocks -_-"

Captain Lust said:
Commissar7 said:
And here I am, dozens of hours of playing at Warband, still clicking on horseback ... throw me rocks -_-"
Dozens...

cute.
If I had M&B added onto steam from the get go instead of 4 years down the line I think I would have close to 800 hours just on that one, but then again I'm just under 200 hours on Warband and I'm sure I've played it more so I'm not so sure anymore.
ejnomad said:
Nope. Pretty sure he opened an entire new board just for this blog.
Closing in onto 2 weeks later, I want another update before Christmas. Just so I don't get withdrawals or something.

Rydmer said:
Captain Lust said:
Commissar7 said:
Dozens...

cute.
If I had M&B added onto steam from the get go instead of 4 years down the line I think I would have close to 800 hours just on that one, but then again I'm just under 200 hours on Warband and I'm sure I've played it more so I'm not so sure anymore.

cute.

:razz:

Rydmer said:
Captain Lust said:
Commissar7 said:
Dozens...

cute.
ejnomad said:
Nope. Pretty sure he opened an entire new board just for this blog.
Closing in onto 2 weeks later, I want another update before Christmas. Just so I don't get withdrawals or something.
He'd better give us that blog as christmas present!

Of course, Mount and Blade: Warband is a Master Piece, maybe the best i ever seen on games but who can being a better on this games? I think who can being a best game making all without scroll pages and make native multiplayer games such mods like persistent world. And please, make it more gore with fatalities  :twisted:

And not only construct, live the process, and reflects all the necessary for constructions and amplify with a full kind of pearsons and things like builders, merchants, farms, animals... all in persistent world without screen changes. Who your centinels warms from threats! Easy to make modding items for villages, home decorations, constructions...all with a community of modders who can have Mount & Blade, Think of bring this to a private Multiplayer party with your friends or in one open world.

hirovard said:
if you own a village you can draft soldiers there...

On a side note it would be nice for the fief management to be much improved, especially for citys and castles

I know that but drafting all soldiers from villages to the capital instead of going village to village it would make a king life easier wouldn't you agree so?

Back
Top Bottom