Mount and Blade Warband crash

Users who are viewing this thread

Ashwack

Recruit
Hello, I've been playing M&B ever since it came out, I've had no problems at all running the game. But like a week ago everything has stopped working. When I try to join a server it simply crashes. Says "Mount and Blade warband has stopped working, if a solution exist it will pop up on your screen". Nothing pops up, I've searched google for answers but I've found no one who has the same problem as I do. I cant figure it out. I've tried re-installing the game and sometimes it worked, although the same problem appeared 2 hours later.

If anyone knows what to do please respond here ASAP. I'd really like to start playing again.

I've got the exact same problem.

Here's my story:

1. Description of the problem:

I've been playing Warband multiplayer for some time now without any problems. When an other player asked for my steamname, I figured I could give steam a go and used my account. I did not buy M&B throught steam, bought it in the store. Somehow, Steam won't accept my CD-Key, but that's beside the point. I started M&B through steam and tried to enter the server. Everything was going well, but at after validating my key (which worked) the "loading..." text appeared. 3-5 seconds later, M&B stopped responding and crashed.
I tried connecting to Nditions duel server, was there just 15 minutes before that without any problem.
Anway, I tried again and got the same result. Tried a different server and I joined, could pick a faction, but before I got to pick class M&B crashed again.
So, I disabled steam and got the same result. Uninstalled M&B, installed it again and no change in result.
After that, I uninstalled steam, reinstalled M&B again. Still the same, I crash to desktop.
For some reason, M&B won't let me play... I don't get any error messages, just a crash to desktop.
How do I fix this?

*EDIT*
This doesn't seem to happen when I play on the cRPG mod. No trouble playing whatsoever. Just Native makes me crash.

2. System Specs.
W7 Ultimate 64 bit, AMD Phenom 9550 Quad Core 2.2Ghz, 4gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 1gb (driver date 3-4-10)

What a friend of mine and I have done that seems to work, is run the game under a different language.
When you start the game, go under configure and its the tab on the far left.

Hope this helps for some of you guys.

Marin Peace Bringer said:
What a friend of mine and I have done that seems to work, is run the game under a different language.

So far it works, Thank you so much! Plus now i get to practice my French while playing.

Marin Peace Bringer said:

I had the same problem with some servers and i can confirm this fixed it.

Hello all, I'm reviving this thread:

I'm having the weirdest problem with M&B WB today.

I last played this game without a hitch like two days ago, today I had some free time so I booted the game and all of a sudden every time I try to enter any new area (outside of the world map) the game crashes to desktop with the "Program has stopped working" Windows dialog.

I searched several places for solutions and the only one that works for me is switching the language of the game to anything other than English. The other solutions (disabling Steam Community, Enabling Cheats, Defragmenting, etc) have not worked; also the usual solutions (restart, drivers, etc) didn't do anything neither.

I only speak English so the game is basically unplayable.

Any help???

Thanks in advance!

Zerilius said:
Open module.ini and change
disable_movable_flag_optimization=0 to 1

Thank you Zerilius, I was digging through the forums and found a thread with that same suggestion. I tried it and the program is back to normal. Thank you for reply anyway. By the way, do you know what that command line controls? How come enabling it fixes the crashes?

I am having the same problem, I have no mods or cheats activated. I am trying to get into Sargoth and every time I try to do anything in any Major place, except for the places you can get recruits. I have been playing this game for so long, and now I am mad at the game, they said they had this bug patches in the STEAM section. If you have a way to fix this please tell me, also I can't get engaged in combat, the same thing still happens. Please help, Thanks.... BrainSplitter2KO. :?:

BrainSplitter2KO said:
I am having the same problem, I have no mods or cheats activated. I am trying to get into Sargoth and every time I try to do anything in any Major place, except for the places you can get recruits. I have been playing this game for so long, and now I am mad at the game, they said they had this bug patches in the STEAM section. If you have a way to fix this please tell me, also I can't get engaged in combat, the same thing still happens. Please help, Thanks.... BrainSplitter2KO. :?:
...right above your post:
Zerilius said:
Open module.ini and change
disable_movable_flag_optimization=0 to 1

I've been having the same problem as you guys.  How would I get to the module.ini on a Windows 7.  I don't want to have to play the game in German forever!

Um die Datei zu lokalisieren module.ini, öffnen Sie den Windows Explorer und suchen Sie C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ SteamApps \ common \ Mount & Blade Warband \ modules \ nativen \ module.ini

Fehnor said:
Um die Datei zu lokalisieren module.ini, öffnen Sie den Windows Explorer und suchen Sie C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ SteamApps \ common \ Mount & Blade Warband \ modules \ nativen \ module.ini

That does not work for me, i get to the stage were you click on steam apps and Common is not there. please help :sad:

Back
Top Bottom