Mount and Blade II?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jakob Zaborowski said:
darthdj31 said:
Lol that should be awesome, hopefully Mount and Blade 2 sets Calradia sometime before the 1700's, but the Napoleonic War DLC was a hit, but anyhow.

Oh god, no guns please. I just want my medieval war game.
They're completely avoidable imo.

Have you even played the mod ? None of the already implemented factions have regular troops with firearms, and they will stay that way. Future factions will be mostly free of them as well. To quote myself from the previos page:

Only a handful of 'unavoidable' enemies will use gunpowder weapons, and even them are mostly stuck on the level of hand-cannons.

By "a handful", I mean less than 15 troop types, and they appear in small numbers even in the few "compulsory" battles which involve them; considering there are already hundreds of troop types, and there will be even more factions in later additions, that's fairly insignificant.

Isn't there an option with Natural Philosophy that spawn units with guns?

Edit: And yes, it's another avoidable option.

Ah, that's because we were discussing what a potential continuation for the mod would entail (if we made a "SOD 3" for MnB 2). And if it would include a lengthy time jump, guns would logically be more widespread, but that doesn't mean compulsory usage of course.

Point of clarifiction, guns are a medievl weapon, they were present in small numbers at the battle of agincourt, as well as others.

It takes a very long time for the gun to be a more effective weapon than the bow or crossbow, the major benefit of them was the lack of training involved to use them, that is why they over took other weapons. They were only effective in large numbers becuse they had rubbish accuracy. A bow could be shot further and faster and with better accuracy, as could a crossbow, they just required far more physical training/fitness than a gun. So simply because guns are available, it does not automatically make them the better option. So many nations with a long legacy of certain skills and tactics, may stick with their preferred weapons.

LibSpit said:
Point of clarifiction, guns are a medievl weapon, they were present in small numbers at the battle of agincourt, as well as others.

It takes a very long time for the gun to be a more effective weapon than the bow or crossbow, the major benefit of them was the lack of training involved to use them, that is why they over took other weapons. They were only effective in large numbers becuse they had rubbish accuracy. A bow could be shot further and faster and with better accuracy, as could a crossbow, they just required far more physical training/fitness than a gun. So simply because guns are available, it does not automatically make them the better option. So many nations with a long legacy of certain skills and tactics, may stick with their preferred weapons.

Agincourt was 1415, very close to the 'end' of the middle ages.

LibSpit said:

Sometimes I'll see a Reaver kick ass, but then bam! Horses.

Back
Top Bottom