Mount and Blade 2 - Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

This is a continuation to my last post. I want better blocking. I can imagine two Rhodoks swapping war stories:
"Oi, what of you, Cletus? Any interesting stories to tell?"
"Aye. One time, at the Siege of Veluca, some Swadian vassal tried to stab me in the face, he did! it's a damn good thing that I had my sword placed horizontally at me waist, else I wouldn't be sitting here today."
Another thing is more realistic combat. Make it more brutal. In M&B today, all kills are swift and clean. I want bashed in chests. Shattered legs. I want screams for mothers and cries for mercy.
Another thing, if done well, give us better politics like sons and ranks, and let us have killable vassals. For example, you've just captured King Yaroglek. A menu pulls up and congratulates you. You get three options:
1) Take him prisoner
2)Let him go
3)Kill him, and bring his heir to power.
With this, you could have missions where you bring authorities down to bring in more favorable politicians. Kind of like what the US does with dictators.

SovietLover69 said:
This is a continuation to my last post. I want better blocking. I can imagine two Rhodoks swapping war stories:
"Oi, what of you, Cletus? Any interesting stories to tell?"
"Aye. One time, at the Siege of Veluca, some Swadian vassal tried to stab me in the face, he did! it's a damn good thing that I had my sword placed horizontally at me waist, else I wouldn't be sitting here today."
Another thing is more realistic combat. Make it more brutal. In M&B today, all kills are swift and clean. I want bashed in chests. Shattered legs. I want screams for mothers and cries for mercy.
Another thing, if done well, give us better politics like sons and ranks, and let us have killable vassals. For example, you've just captured King Yaroglek. A menu pulls up and congratulates you. You get three options:
1) Take him prisoner
2)Let him go
3)Kill him, and bring his heir to power.
With this, you could have missions where you bring authorities down to bring in more favorable politicians. Kind of like what the US does with dictators.

I like this idea as well and maybe add some kind of quests to start revolutions in towns or castles for example when a lord is being very brutal to its people maybe the people can rise up against the lord and if they win they can place a new lord of the castle/town. And this can work for a quest as well for example if the player helps the people against their lord the the people can choose the player to be their new leader.

And another thing i would really like to see is more action in castles. Back in history castles weren't just a few houses surrounded by a wall. There were blacksmiths, traders, some civilians or farmers from surrounding villages travelers etc. 

thegame400 said:
I like this idea as well and maybe add some kind of quests to start revolutions in towns or castles for example when a lord is being very brutal to its people maybe the people can rise up against the lord and if they win they can place a new lord of the castle/town. And this can work for a quest as well for example if the player helps the people against their lord the the people can choose the player to be their new leader.

And another thing i would really like to see is more action in castles. Back in history castles weren't just a few houses surrounded by a wall. There were blacksmiths, traders, some civilians or farmers from surrounding villages travelers etc.

+1 to you, my man.

What I would personally like is a rich campaign map that feels alive. Some mods such as Brytenwalda have extremely immersive world maps that feel like actual land coming to life, rather than just a map that serves as a placeholder for a persistent world.

Various parties, various campaign map models that are pleasant to the eye and tell a story, and help personalize the world, interactible landmarks such as ruins, caves, remnants of this, remnants of that, more emphasize on geography, forests and generally all that it takes to make the map feel like a proper world.

I would also like more, a LOT more emphasize on the lore. I have played a lot of both vanilla MB and Warband and honestly cannot remember a single thing about any of the factions, their causes, their traditions, their characteristics - nothing. I cannot even remember the characters, other than the slave Klethi, the ugly Borcha and King Harlaus, only because he is for some reason made fun of here in the forums, being a king obsessed with feasting and whatnot. :razz:

In general - more personality. The only personality warband really has are it's troops and how they are stylized - and those are heavily reminiscant of real historical kingdoms.

I avoid most mods that revolve around vanilla factions exactly because I find myself unable to relate to any of them.

It would be nice if we could form some type of "Mercenary Company" and hire soldiers while at the same time lending those troops you don't use to armies or sovereign nations. This would be a way apart from outright banditry to gain influence and money on your rise to either become the Emprah or Crown a new.

The Company could also have Its "Headquarters" Established in one of the major cities, thus allowing you to recruit men and allow your men to be hired by the local lords or just anyone with money.

Just a wild suggestion you know..  :idea:  :wink:  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom