Mount and Blade 2 - Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Akiba356 said:
Lord Tim said:
Realistic? How many limbs do you think are decapitated in actual battle? Pretty close to none. Veterans that lost their limbs after an amputation, because the surgeon could not fix the wound. It is practically impossible to decapitate someone in action, especially if he wears armor.

If they're smelly peasants with sticks and you have a massive sword I think it's pretty darn likely.

You're wrong.

please remove the spam combat that warband has brought to the table. I prefer some form of movement delay and less slidey more fluid. With some kind of speed limit so it you dont get spammy duels faught in third person that look like ****. and have people turning up their mouse sensitivity to unnatural levels to "win the game"

fsinc2 said:
-Abiltily for you and Lords to die;old age,combat, sickness, assasination.
- Abilty to children, they can become heirs.
- Can have bastard and can use persuasion to have children with townswomen and other people  :cool:.
-When u die, u can take command of your children with pregenerate background e.g. being a lord and having a son,your son then having the  background of being a page and squire.
- Diplomatic use of sons and daughters, mariages to strenghten your house. Alliances forming becuase of mariage between two nations.
I like the children idea , and there should be a choice of who you will play with after your death (one of your children )
Equalizing with the world , which means that we wont be special , there will be independent adventurers that travels the world, and the ability to be recruit in an army with payment every week ( movement in the map would be like bieng captured.

Lord Tim said:
Sauron_mate said:
Lord Tim said:
Nobody said it'll be 157 AD. I personally think it's gonna be in the days of the fall of the empire.

Japanese factions wouldn't make sense, since medieval Japanese armies never clashed with European medieval armies, it would seem unreal.

This is Calradia!
Yes it is, not some Manga-****.

Google "ninja vs spartan" or "samurai vs viking," I'll wager the first things that pop up aren't 'some manga-****' either. 

Also:  vikings never clashed with medieval knights either, but they put the Nords right next to the Swadians...

Indeed, but they fitted the general Medieval timeframe. The game is pseudo-historical. But to put civilizations with a gap of 1000 years, like Samurai and Ancient Egyptian or, say, Pirates and Mayas is pure fiction. I think that is the point. And not the locker-room debates of the type: Viking vs Samurai and such.

Antonis said:
Indeed, but they fitted the general Medieval timeframe. The game is pseudo-historical.

But to put civilizations with a gap of 1000 years, like Samurai and Ancient Egyptian or, say, Pirates and Mayas is pure fiction. I think that is the point. And not the locker-room debates of the type: Viking vs Samurai and such.

Fire&Sword and Napoleonic Wars were pseudo-historical.  Vanilla and Warband involve entirely fictional geography, and while the equally-fictional cultures inhabiting it may have been inspired by (mostly european) history it's nowhere near even 'pseudo-historical.'  And personally, I'm hoping M&B2 goes back to that formula; I never really found the pseudo-historical expansions all that appealing.

l translated the suggestions from CN players. :grin:
everybody wanna M&B2 become more perfect.
-New,magnificent and optimizing engine.
-Hommization,NPCs can have their own “language",especially they can have facial expression.
-Simlifying UI.
-The multiplayer mode like PW.(also reserve these olds.)
-Marriage can be more comprehensive(like bear babies~ XD)
-lntelligent AI,more battle formations.
-Singleplayer multi factions war.
-Improved Command System,so can finish the more precise and complicated battle.
-Rank system....
-Naval battle.
-"Real weapon"like reduce crossbow's speed, strengthen spear.
-Bigger map,aplenty troops,and more...more....
-materials can compound item.
-Improved "Game anaphase".
-More personal interaction.
-Game's time-base work in concert with map's.
-Spawn point.
-"Beautiful women"XD.
-Multiplayer VoiceTalk.
-Knights' Duel

These are the things that I want to see in game:
More factions! Add more Asian civilization! I wanna see Samurais fight off Swadian knights really bad. :sad:
Improved AI. I hate it when they get stucked.
Make the player be able to move freely. Like give them the ability to sprint, climb and many other things. You can also apply this to the AI
Unique quests.
Give AI some voice. I wanna hear them speak. I'd also want to hear the player character speak as well. :smile:

Please take a look in to floris mod. It contains almost everything we want to see in game!

For starters, I'd really love an own forum for M&B2. Like a general m&b2 forum and a suggestion forum. That should require a minimum of work and get the hype started marketing wise. :wink:

Also some more info wouldn't hurt.

Here is my small list of things I definetly want to see in Bannerlords!!:grin:

• Religion:
    • A variety of Faiths/Religions(they should be adepted from those religions we have/had in real life [Poly/Monotheistic/Natural/"God"-based(I dont know how to name the opposite of Natural gods^^)])
    • You choose one for yourself which gives you advantages to those who have the same faith. a.e. while persuade them.
    • There should be an option to make a war an religious one so there will be like moral benefits for your troops who should normally have the same faith as their liege, but you will have to force the citys/villages/castles to convert to your faith after you conquered them which CAN lead to rebellions.
      • o its like nearly everything a twosided sword. You will profit while fighting, but maybe come at clashes with the residents who are at different religious sides.
    • Companions should also be in some sort involved in those religious matters. A religious war against the faith of one companion a.e. should anger him(maybe their could be some sort of "freespirits" who dont take that to serious, even if they are connected to the faith-> based on the characterflews of the companion)
    • The possiblity to simply accept the religion of everyone or even to fight for the "freespirited"( for those who dont care about religion or want to "destroy" religion)
    • Different animations for marriage reffering to the Faith you have.
  • Executions
    • Execute-option for many different sorts of people with the right consequence to it.
    • King/Lords:Feud with house/nation, loss/gain of honour/renown,hate/fear/respect/influence(should be based on the connection between the lord and the person you speak with)
      • To kill a king ofc has to have some amazingly hard to survive consequences
    • Ladys:Feud with house/nation, problems within the courting system, loss of honour, hate/fear/respect/influence(should be based on the connection between the lady and the person you speak with)
    • Deserters:Fewer deserters[Fear] or even more[Revolt],hate/fear/respect/influence(should be based on the connection between the lord and the person you speak with)
    • Bandits:Fewer Bandits in the the area belonging to you, Safer Citys->Influence with the Citys/Villages,gain of honour, hate/fear/respect/influence(should be based on the character flaws and the person you speak with),some kind of Bandit rebellion/revenge
    • Townsman/villagers:loss of honour, hate/fear/respect/influence(should be based on the character flaws and the person you speak with),Revolts/Rebellions in citys, Reason for war if its a City which originally belongs to another Nation, influence on like every interaction with citys, better taxes, if youre Fearsome enough end of Revolts/Rebellions
    • You: Ofc you can also be executed for several reasons :grin:
  • Improved Courtship/Lady/Family/Heir-System
    • More Options with your Lady after marriage
      • Quest: Fight old admirer/suiters, Solve Family problems, Bring her gifts,Vacation,Rescue your Lady
      • You Should be able to Improve your Home to further increase your influence with your wife
        • Let your Wife improve your thronroom/great hall->you know like prettier banners and stuff(I CANT THINK OF EVERYTHING FOR YOU ! :grin:)
        • Furniture,dresses and stuff
      • Dancing and stuff/ some sort of Court acitivities
      • Ofc Sex and Pregnancy
    • Actually build a Family with heir if you die
      • I know it conflicts with the time system, but it would be awesome to have some kind of heir system.It would give you the possibility to takeover your belongings with an enourmously weaker person which makes the endgame much more interesting.
      • Let your kid be educated in a way you like(squire,courtship,hunting,riding,etc.)
      • Ofc a family should not be a privilage to a Lord!!
      • Buy yourself an house, or build somekind of hideout/house in a forest or in the mountains(if you want to play as a bandit/robber/wilderer
    • More Courtship!
      • Quests to do for your lady
        • Fight unwanted admirers, Help her out of the courtlife(even if she doesnt get married to you either[maybe some sort of homosexuell backgrounds],get her the item she always wanted(a fine dress if more the courtwoman, maybe even a fine sword for a more wild temper)
      • MMOOOOAAAAARRR poems, every nation should have like every sort of poem(tragic,heroic,etc.)
      • Dancing, go on a ride(maybe with possible bandit attack[initiatet bandit attack!! :O]), sex before marriage, and stuff
      • The possibilty to kidnap a Lady-> force marriage, kidnap for love(if brother/father do not allow),kidnap for ransom
    • INCREDIBLE IMPORTANT: AFFAIRS ?!
      • maybe some sort of homosexuell background would be interesting if the enviroment reacts correctly
      • Having Bastards would be great to, really good perspective for second person you play->fight your way up from bastard to the heir of your house/name
  • More possiblities to earn yourself a Name!
    • Knightorders,Jobs,Freelancer and stuff
      • Become part of somekind of Knightorder
        • Protect the innocent in the name of your order or become an evil robbing knight who crushes like generally everything
        • Found your own Order as the leader of it or as the King of your Nation to protect your Realm
        • Order related Quests
          • Huntdown special NPCs like Murderes, Bandits. Protect Kings/Lords as their Guard while they are in Town at tourneys etc, Protect people from asassines, squire acitivities at the beginning etc.
      • Become a Bandit,Freelancer,Pirate,Wilderer
        • Quests like: Hunt down some Wild, Steal some Pigs/Cattle/horses etc. , Lockpicking, pickpocketing, prepare traps and attack coaches to steel money/gems/gold or kidnap parts of higher families etc.,fight for a lord in battles as a Soldier
    • Tourneys in different Sections and Gambling:
      • Master of Sword
      • Master of Bow
      • Master of Lance
      • pit fights(death for the one who looses)
      • Battle with fists
      • horse/dogracing
      • dogfights
      • roll dices,play cards
    • Bountysystem: If you are a badass without title than you will definetly be hunted down for your sins
  • More Fighting"tricks"
    • use siege/defensive weapons
    • Hit with your bow
    • If fighting with one free hand, some sort of fast "slash" move with a dagger
    • ShieldBash
    • Bracing lance
    • Grab someone on their horse to take them down(if they are like not moving next to you, but sitting on a horse)
    • Spears/axes/swords/shields should ALL be throwable, but you should have just one
    • Running with some sort of energy
    • Some sort of energy for specialmoves(no, no mana, energy... stamina... you know ^.^)
    • maybe if you run and press kick button you simply jump with like booth feets against your enemy :grin:
  • More Enterprises/Buildings/Improvements and stuff
    • Simply MOAAAR enterprises, and you should be able to build more than 1 enteprise/city(yeah no specialized workers, why not imigrate them from different citys[costs alot])
    • MOAAAAR Buildings:Universitys, money lenders,banks,smiths,warehouses,granary,orphanage,church(religious temple),court,defensive towers with defensive weapons like ballistas or catapults,Stables,sewers,and mooaaar(some of them should be with designed interior)
  • Better formations/orders: spearwall with braced spears,shieldwall with commanded shieldbash^^,distant weapons fire on command
  • Ships and fights on water!there is no other way to become a great pirate !! :eek:
    • Sieges from water!(or from many directions-> Water and wall/gate)
    • traderoutes on water
    • Maybe a land only or much easier reachable by ship
  • Mines you can bring under your controll(gold,silver,iron,salt) and let prisoners work in/or sell prisoners to
  • Somesort of Scripted Invasion by a great Army coming to conquer Calradia(?), which you have to stop when they come(kill all and take lost castles back, or go down... there should be no possibility to become one of them)
  • Every nation should have like ALL Units, only that they are specialized in some more than in others.
    • a.e. Rhodoks can have cavalry, sword-,axe-,bow-,crossbow-,spearman but their best troopes will still be Spear-/crossbowman
  • A soldier who carries your banner into battle... WHY THERE IS STILL NOONE HOLDING A FLAG WITH MY BANNER ! :sad:
  • There should be more designedinterior for different people.
    • Ladys should have their own chamber(in order to have a room you have to reach to kidnap them!:razz:
    • Councilroom... a Room for your Council
    • Weaponstoreroom or something like that from which you also can steal weapons and stuff
    • etc.
  • EXTREMLY FAST messengers Roaming the land and BRING orders and News to the lords( like speed 8.5-9.5 or something)-> Catchable to get Informations and stop Informations from Spreading
  • Improved Sneaking into a City
    • Manual Sneak in
    • Sneak in disguised as a Monk/Scholar->normal Chance
    • Sneak in Disguised as one of the Soldiers of the Lord who holds the City/Castle ( you have to steal/loot Heraldic Mails with his colours to do so)->good chance
    • Sneak in Disguised as a Commander of the Lord who hold the City/Castle(you have to steal/loot like 3(for your guards) Hearldic Mails with his Colours and you need to have some sort of Sigil from your lord a.e a Banner, a letter or something-> oh you want to stop me at the entrance ? lets see how long you are allowed to keep your head !-> o_O-> Come in, sir... sorry for the trouble please dont kill me :sad:
  • Village/City/Castlefights should be more intensiv
    • Village: you have to throw torches into every house to really destroy the village after raiding
    • City: The fight in the street should be more intense... with more soldiers... maybe the possibilty to slay the residents who are roaming the street in panic, which should make fighting much easier(no people who surprise attack you / which also should be a feature in that situation) or to kill only those who want to harm you.[you command that at the beginning->maybe even situations like one of your companions sees another companion disobeying your command because he is a former looter or some of your soldiers see a companion or a companion sees some soldiers... you know what i mean ^.^.... and after the battle you execute/punish the "traitor" to leave the citizens in a better mood or to simply dont give a **** and risk a revolt.]
    • Castles: More Soldiers,Highborn, Ladys and servants roaming in panic(same situation as above... only with much heavier consequences if a lady or highborn boy/girl is killed.), more rooms to go through.-> Entrance->Great Hall->maybe a tower for more intensity.
  • You have to spend time on building and breaking a camp if you want to rest long on a spot on the map
  • Better and deeper Stories for the Companions connected with quests(maybe changing storys/quests a.e. Rolf is one time a highborn bla and at the next game start he is the good old looter who we know and love from the ancient house of rolf :grin:
  • More Stuff you need to go on a real campaign.
    • Iron for Repairing stuff after battle
    • a tent for you(of course different version with differen luxury
    • the need of having servants and workers with you in greater partys
    • coaches to better transport your stuff-> a party walking behind you which you also have to organize with guards and protect
  • The possibility to be a wandering performer/bard for additonal income during the sad and totally disturbing time of peace
    • "minigame" like really learning 5-6 lines which you have to click in correct order in order to give a good performance or sing the right songs
  • NO GUNS.NOT EVEN GUNPOWDER OLDSCHOOL GUNS. SIMPLY NO GUNS ! :O
    • with HORSE, SWORD and LANCE I want to ride for glory!
  • moaaarrr books

and as the previously ending of this post

• BIGGER Map, more kingdoms, more different equipment, more tradegoods

p.s. YEAH took me only like 2 1/2 hours to write and think about that :eek:

Lord Tim said:
Too bad there's probably noone going to read all of that.

Yeah kinda sad, but I was/am bored and it was a pretty good distraction for quite some time... so...  yeah it was pretty much a waste of time :grin:

These are all really awesome suggestions, but IMO I would prefer that Bannerlord have the ability to be modded to a modern time frame.
Or at least the ability to support modern combat.

There are pretty much no good mods of the WWII era and beyond because of the Ai behavior and combat techniques. It would be awesome to be able to take cover behind walls evading gunfire on a decently large city map while the AI does the same. But as it is they just stand out in the open and drop like flies.

C'mon, then we could have a SICK star wars mod incorporating modern infantry tactics and cool lightsaber fighting!!  :grin:

I think Mod needs to move this thread over here. I found it hard to find this(google it), that way developers won't miss this either.
There are a lot of good suggestions on this thread. -->  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=248411.msg6635756#msg6635756

Plenty of good suggestions, has this been considered already: more violence?

What I mean is: decapitation, impalement, finishing moves (example: when you thrust a sword in your opponent and he dies he is impaled), that kind of thing.  :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom