Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord Suggestions List

Hit the vote button if you liked an idea!

• I liked one of your ideas +1

Votes: 22 6.5%
  • I liked 2 of your ideas +2

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • I liked 3 of your ideas +3

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • I liked 4 of your ideas +4

Votes: 17 5.0%
  • I liked 5 of your ideas +5

Votes: 81 23.8%
  • I forgot how to count, and don't know what comes after 5. Great ideas though.

Votes: 198 58.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

WilltheGamer said:
Adept said:
I really hope they've made whatever changes are needed. Honestly, cooperative multiplay on a small scale should have been fairly easy to implement already in Warband. If they've decided to implement it, I don't think it will have been all that difficult.

the only way multiplayer could ever work, would be if the game couldnt be paused or fast forwarded

Actually there is another way.Your friend adds you on Steam and they should be able to join your game save.When he is online,he joins your game save and you play co-op,when your friend is (or you) offline,your friend (or you,again) became companion.

Greywater said:
WilltheGamer said:
Adept said:
I really hope they've made whatever changes are needed. Honestly, cooperative multiplay on a small scale should have been fairly easy to implement already in Warband. If they've decided to implement it, I don't think it will have been all that difficult.

the only way multiplayer could ever work, would be if the game couldnt be paused or fast forwarded

Actually there is another way.Your friend adds you on Steam and they should be able to join your game save.When he is online,he joins your game save and you play co-op,when your friend is (or you) offline,your friend (or you,again) became companion.

That wouldnt be co-op though... that would just be.... single player with a friends character as a companion... and the ability to have multiple people play the same save file lol

WilltheGamer said:
Greywater said:
WilltheGamer said:
Adept said:

That wouldnt be co-op though... that would just be.... single player with a friends character as a companion... and the ability to have multiple people play the same save file lol

at least it's something imo ;(

OP

Y U NO IN TW TIM?

Sth about riding. In warband horses were like machines, totally obedient, even the "stubborn" ones. In medieval ages horses like those would beat the **** out of the every enemy. That's why dev team made
EVEN ******** SHORT SPEAR
able to stop the charge (about 800 kg)(that try would not only break the owner's arms, it would kill him as well). My suggestion - give the player less control over the mount (maybe binding it with your license) and give horses a proper AI (Not riding into the walls), but just make their charges realistic.

EDIT:Just found this xD
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,10397.0.html

I agree with the most of the suggestion (more politics, more diplomatic etc), yet I would like to suggest:

I would love to see a mix of crusader kings with Mount and Blade on MB2. I mean take the politics/plots of Crusader and Kings and the war system of Mount Blade and GODDDD DAMNNNnn we'll have a the most perfect game ever.

- Dinasty system: the objetive now is to make your bloodline to endure and take over Caraldia (you now play with the main character of your dinasty, but if your die you take over with the next on your bloodline, if theres no descedents, you loose);

- You can become king by war; mariage; coup d'estat etc. Also would be great if you coul just pick up a lord to play with instead of starting a dinasty.

Milvan said:
I agree with the most of the suggestion (more politics, more diplomatic etc), yet I would like to suggest:

I would love to see a mix of crusader kings with Mount and Blade on MB2. I mean take the politics/plots of Crusader and Kings and the war system of Mount Blade and GODDDD DAMNNNnn we'll have a the most perfect game ever.

- Dinasty system: the objetive now is to make your bloodline to endure and take over Caraldia (you now play with the main character of your dinasty, but if your die you take over with the next on your bloodline, if theres no descedents, you loose);

- You can become king by war; mariage; coup d'estat etc. Also would be great if you coul just pick up a lord to play with instead of starting a dinasty.
I agree :grin:

Greywater said:
Er.. this is what I was suggesting, and have been for a long time.

Over LAN / the net having the option to have your friends play as your companions. They are the bodyguards when you're in towns / when you're jumped by assasins, etc, and more importantly they get to participate in and command some of your troops in the battles.

I would love that. I'd happily play as companion knight to a friends noble / warlord.

Yes! yes! All of these! More kingdom management, tactics, diplomacy, politics, strategy! Warband feels too focused on combat! The metagame is what really makes Mount and Blade unique!

I saw some really awesome suggestions in here on the first few posts and I would have to echo their sentiments.

Death and Debauchery:

Lords, whether great or small, chivalrous or dreadful, good or maligned, are human.

Sex is something I would like to see in this game. Not in the form of a literal game mechanic or experience that the play actively participates in. But as a tool for political motivation. Such as gathering heirs, or making bastards, or pursuing the interest of some high lord's beautiful wife who has an eye for you... I have to agree with the user who previously stated this idea... that would be awesome. In general, depth between characters and character interaction would be greatly wanted.

City/Castle building.

If you purchase land in a certain region, you can terraform that land, and build structures, enforce peasants to gather resources, and play an active part in developing your fief and castle to your liking.

Personalizing castles and rooms. Making the home more comfy and immersive. Such as being able to add decorations to your castles as a part of the game itself, and not as a mod creator necessarily. being able to use items like chairs to sit in, beds to sleep in, and being able to interact with your castle staff (who can grow to like you or loathe you), along with your family (be it wife, or the children who live in your house hold. It would be awesome to train with your son in the Castle yard, and teach him the ways of the sword, so that when he comes of age, he will inherit some of your skills, and grow to be a better man than perhaps even you were. And some sort of time shifting mechanic would be awesome.

Say if once you build a floor plan for your castle or certain buildings in your fief, it would feasibly take a year or two to build, you can sit in your settlement, and activate time compression that allows time to pass by months in mere seconds (or until an important faction update or event has occurred that will pop up in a dialogue box. So you don't want to wait for your castle? So be it. You can compress time ahead and fast forward to its completion, where your character is now 3 years older, and you may even physically see them age.

I'd like to see a disease and sickness mechanic. Along with a player stat that increases a player's immunity system. The younger you are, the higher it is. The more fit you are, and the more variety of good food you eat, the higher it is... but over time, as you grow older, your immunity system begins to fail. Eventually, even if you are very healthy and fit, your odds of surviving a severe sickness become impossible, and you then are killed. When you die, you are then allowed to choose the role of any of your successors, You can choose the oldest son, who will then be the Lord of your fief and keep, or you can take control of a younger son or daughter,  and you will have no rights or claims to the castle itself upon coming of age, save for the hospitality of your brother (especially if you have a good relationship with them!) It is an open ended choice given to you, to try and start a new journey and make a place for yourself, not necessarily as the Lord of your keep, but a noble of a family that is making their own way.

of course, family is not limited to nobles. If you are a commoner, you can purchase property in cities (such as a home which can vary from poor, middle , and wealthy homes) and you can dote on the common populous. It would be suggested not to try and dote on a noble lord's daughter however, as you will likely be thrown in prison and will have to wait out your days for insulting the Lord.

Anyway. I hope they bring the RPG aspect of the game more to life.

Last suggestion:

Combat.

Nerf the feinting, if there is ever a multiplayer component. 360 degree swing radius. Stamina... stuff that makes the combat more

- Horses which can kick and bite people when immobile, especially warhorses and chargers. Make them do this by pressing a certain button (q?).  It would be a welcome addition IMO.

- Also, perhaps adding an upwards shield blocking animation to the game, instead of simply blocking all diagonal/horizontal strikes using the same blocking animation? Shield blocking would require more skill, instead of it being an auto-forcefield. Blocking forward makes you prone to upper strikes, whilst upwards shield blocking makes you open to thrusts/horizontal strikes.

- More spear thrust animations. Especially an upper thrust. This would go well with the upwards shield blocking. Combat with spears and shields would be much more dynamic with these two features.

WilltheGamer said:
See first sentence of last response.

How's about a Celtic Type Kingdom? Could call it something like 'The kingdom of Gaelia' which features a lot of the iconic Celtic military units throughout history like the Irish Gallowglass swordsman or the Scottish Shiltron or the Welsh Longbowman, maybe some of them have faction armor that gives them woad paint on exposed parts of their bodies.

Dayne of Starfall said:
I saw some really awesome suggestions in here on the first few posts and I would have to echo their sentiments.

Death and Debauchery:

Lords, whether great or small, chivalrous or dreadful, good or maligned, are human.

Sex is something I would like to see in this game. Not in the form of a literal game mechanic or experience that the play actively participates in. But as a tool for political motivation. Such as gathering heirs, or making bastards, or pursuing the interest of some high lord's beautiful wife who has an eye for you... I have to agree with the user who previously stated this idea... that would be awesome. In general, depth between characters and character interaction would be greatly wanted.

City/Castle building.

If you purchase land in a certain region, you can terraform that land, and build structures, enforce peasants to gather resources, and play an active part in developing your fief and castle to your liking.

Personalizing castles and rooms. Making the home more comfy and immersive. Such as being able to add decorations to your castles as a part of the game itself, and not as a mod creator necessarily. being able to use items like chairs to sit in, beds to sleep in, and being able to interact with your castle staff (who can grow to like you or loathe you), along with your family (be it wife, or the children who live in your house hold. It would be awesome to train with your son in the Castle yard, and teach him the ways of the sword, so that when he comes of age, he will inherit some of your skills, and grow to be a better man than perhaps even you were. And some sort of time shifting mechanic would be awesome.

Say if once you build a floor plan for your castle or certain buildings in your fief, it would feasibly take a year or two to build, you can sit in your settlement, and activate time compression that allows time to pass by months in mere seconds (or until an important faction update or event has occurred that will pop up in a dialogue box. So you don't want to wait for your castle? So be it. You can compress time ahead and fast forward to its completion, where your character is now 3 years older, and you may even physically see them age.

I'd like to see a disease and sickness mechanic. Along with a player stat that increases a player's immunity system. The younger you are, the higher it is. The more fit you are, and the more variety of good food you eat, the higher it is... but over time, as you grow older, your immunity system begins to fail. Eventually, even if you are very healthy and fit, your odds of surviving a severe sickness become impossible, and you then are killed. When you die, you are then allowed to choose the role of any of your successors, You can choose the oldest son, who will then be the Lord of your fief and keep, or you can take control of a younger son or daughter,  and you will have no rights or claims to the castle itself upon coming of age, save for the hospitality of your brother (especially if you have a good relationship with them!) It is an open ended choice given to you, to try and start a new journey and make a place for yourself, not necessarily as the Lord of your keep, but a noble of a family that is making their own way.

of course, family is not limited to nobles. If you are a commoner, you can purchase property in cities (such as a home which can vary from poor, middle , and wealthy homes) and you can dote on the common populous. It would be suggested not to try and dote on a noble lord's daughter however, as you will likely be thrown in prison and will have to wait out your days for insulting the Lord.

Anyway. I hope they bring the RPG aspect of the game more to life.

Last suggestion:

Combat.

Nerf the feinting, if there is ever a multiplayer component. 360 degree swing radius. Stamina... stuff that makes the combat more

This This This This This This This This This  This This ThisThis ThisThisThisThisThis.......

Dayne of Starfall said:

First of all, this couldn't work on the current M&B singleplayer. Castles and cities swaps hands about once a month, and having an immune system as a mechanic in your game is rather tight appeal only to those who actually are familiar with what the role-playing in a role-playing game is. More I could've said, but it's just not feasible on the current way the campaign works. And I think Bannerlord is going to be very similar to Warband.

Not that all those ideas are bad, I actually rather like some of them, but it's just not feasible.

Dayne of Starfall said:

Spam feinting, yes. Annoying and stupid and the fastest way to locate a european. 360 and stamina, I'm against, but could work. Still, look at how well that turned out for kingdoms rise.

Guys what about, hunting. On the map you see partys of deer, when you enter the battle they all ru and the ones you shoot, you get the meat? Also, fishing? just some ideas  :razz:

e27 said:
And I think Bannerlord is going to be very similar to Warband.

If you've read the devblogs they indicate that taleworlds is actually trying to change and improve instead of making only a direct upgrade of warband.

My ultimate suggestion is PLEASE regard the simplistic game features in patches

Some spectacular Warband features have not been workable to this day. Namely, using Ransom Brokers to sell off lords or buy lords from captivity.

As well as the asking roaming parties if they have seen enemies in the area feature. Im sure there can be a flag zone to the area the quest is assigned to, and a percentage chance that the group you ask within that area can actually assist you.

Just seems a travesty to have those things be discarded on every encounter you ever face in regards to them. Puts a real HICKUP on the diversity of game play.

As a true and ultimate fan of your work, I couldnt emphasize enough, devoting some depth to the interactions between the lines of the overall system. Your game would be of the highest standard with those special details articulated.

excellent ideas.. i would love to play a game which has all the stuff..
one more thing..
1.while travelling in the world view, have the animation of armies marching together in formation like in AOE rather than riding a horse alone.
2.animation for kill from behind. eg in 2 vs 1 situation. when 1vs 1 is going on face to face, the 3rd fighter would take down by surprise  instant kill from behind, garbing his head and thrusting a short sword or knife(only if he/she is having) [played too much stealth games]

i like the idea of executing a lord after capturing them as prisoner, it should be possible with a penalty of 10 honor and other lord and kings giving u assassin contracts for lords (not kings) but one should be banished from becoming a vassal (if honor is below -20 ) and be condemned as an assassin forever.

Back
Top Bottom