• Sassinid Sultanate

Votes: 16 8.4%
  • Khergit Khanate

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Kingdom of Rhodoks

Votes: 43 22.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

IMO the rhodoks are the most badass,maybe nords are hot too, but i prefer a stabile unit of sword and bow, maybe they both lack cavalry, but in combat green pikes and crossbows can dump a knight for Graveth's sake, but nords,emm,they maybe have an advantage at infantry units (especially top tier,uhhh, sexy! : :lol:), but archers,huntsmen? what do they do,hunt deers??? swadia have the most hottest cavalry in Calradia, but archers are not that hot, sharpshooters really isnt that close to veteran crossbowmen, so again,

in my opinion rhodoks'r badass  :grin:

Lord Silvabane said:
Rhodoks!
Difficult faction to play as because of enemy cavalry spam but it really pays of the long time; excellent castle defence capabilities.

I always thought the Rhodoks were the more difficult to start, but easiest overall. The difficult part being that their low-mid tier troops kinda suck compared to same tier troops of other factions.

Nords on the other hand have excellent mid tier troops in addition to top tier troops being bested only by the Rhodoks (an argument could be made for Sergeant vs Huscarl) is what makes me give them my vote as best faction.

Edit- I would give props to Vaegirs if only their top tier infantry spawned with shields more often. You can tout the Swadian Knight till you are blue in the face, I say nothing causes mayhem like a man on a charger bearing down on the enemy line with bardiches.

Nords! Look at those hairy,tall and muscular people! They can easily cut other factions to pieces! Throwing Axes and Great Axes...  the hell.

Not a mention of sarranids. How sad.
Infantry: Sarranid Guards are commonly thought to be the worst tier-5 infantry in the game. But why would you use them? Mamlukes are better on foot and ride horses in field battles. Sarranid guards shouldn't be mentioned.
Archers: Sarranid Archers and Master Archers might not be the most powerful, but fire faster than any other archer in the game. An archer line allows them to dehorse calvary and cut down on lower end troops. Once the enemies are near, sarranid archers shoot so fast that whenever a soldier puts back their shield, a Boromir reenactment occurs.
Mamlukes: As said before, Mamlukes perform better than Guards when on foot. A Mamluke charge ignores armor due to the two handed Iron Mace, allowing them to knock out Swadian Knights on the first run. On foot, Mamlukes are still dangerous. They wear Mail Boots, Mamluke Mail, and Sarranid mail coifs. They prefer to use their Iron Mace on foot, a weapon that ignores the Huscarls round shield.
Other than the top-tier troops, it should be noted that Skirmishers-a tier-3 troop- carry Jarids, a weapon on par with the Huscarls heavy throwing axes.
Now, moving on to the other faction's disadvantages.
Nords: Barbaric axe-throwing bearded fools. Their complete lack of horse-stopping spears and horse stopping horsemen have mad them the easiest faction for me to defeat. They are trampled by horse charges. Not as good as they are made up to be.
Swadians: Respectable troops, fearful horsemen, and well-armored crossbowman. Problem? Position. Surrounded by all factions and prone to starting wars. Lose Dhirim very quickly, and can't hold up from there.
Rhodoks: Complete lack of calvary, and horrible terrain for their troops. Solution to grunwalder? Send in troops without you.

Rhodoks have my vote. A line of Rhodok Sergeants and Veteran Spearmen can easily stop any cavalry charge.  Add a line of sharpshooters and you can take on armies twice your size with very few casualties. The sharpshooters themselves are so amazing you can almost use an army made of only sharpies. Their bolts rip through shields and armor alike and can down many chargers in a single volley. Should they run out of ammo they can also server as med. infantry, holding a shield wall and assaulting lightly defended areas. In small groups you may require the assistance of dedicated infantry, in a large army....well anything that even gets close enough to hit you is just food for their military hammers......

Pathfinder331 said:
Rhodoks have my vote. A line of Rhodok Sergeants and Veteran Spearmen can easily stop any cavalry charge.  Add a line of sharpshooters and you can take on armies twice your size with very few casualties. The sharpshooters themselves are so amazing you can almost use an army made of only sharpies. Their bolts rip through shields and armor alike and can down many chargers in a single volley. Should they run out of ammo they can also server as med. infantry, holding a shield wall and assaulting lightly defended areas. In small groups you may require the assistance of dedicated infantry, in a large army....well anything that even gets close enough to hit you is just food for their military hammers......

I tried that. Then I fought some khergit lancers.

When I see a cavalry charge coming I usually send my companions out to hold them off(they are like Knights on steroids). I also ensure that there is no hill blocking the way(or if there is a hill that they are on it) so that they have plenty of time to gun down the anNoyansonsofa*****es.

TBH for me it has to be the Sarranids. They rarely have feuds with each other, know when to start wars, and are overall just a great, balanced faction. They also look the best imo. When I first played the game I was a Nord fanboy until have no cav bothered me. With their Mamlukes and fast-firing Archers I think a good Archer heavy Sarranid army with a decent amout of mamlukes and infantry to hold off rushes can destroy anything. A line of Rhodok spearman or Nord shields could be let down for a second by a mamlukes while archers hail in. A rush of Swadian  Man-At-Arms could be countered with a rush from a group of Mamlukes while the archers quickly take out the infantry. That would apply to the Khergits also.

smothdude said:
Pathfinder331 said:
anNoyansonsofa*****es.
Lmao. I wonder if the guy that made the thread meant to spell the Sarranid wrong? He put Sassinid Sultanate. I am guessing yes.

The Mamluke count is dangerously high in NPC Lord armies. Seriously, 25 mamlukes will rip through any early to mid game army with ease.  :shock:

smothdude said:
SonOfMars said:
Nords and Sarranids.
Or better yet, Nord huscarls inside Sarranid pajamas!

A Nord huscarl riding a Swadian charger wearing Vaegir fur coat over Sarranid mail armed with elite cavalry shield on the left and military war hammer on the right chanting :" ALL hAIL TEH FEAST KING HARLAUS!!!!".

Back
Top Bottom