More voice Acting for NPCs please

Users who are viewing this thread

Many of the games nowaday have voice acting for NPCs. 
Please add as much voice acting as possible to make the game alive.
If animations is too much to match the voices then you can skip the animation  just add the voice .

I personally prefer Warband's system of only text. It's like reading a book, you make up their voices in your head and in my opinion it's better than hearing always the same voices.

Targir said:
Many of the games nowaday have voice acting for NPCs. 
Please add as much voice acting as possible to make the game alive.
If animations is too much to match the voices then you can skip the animation  just add the voice .

Voice acting is less flexible. You can't be as context specific unless you want to record ungodly amounts of dialogue or have it sound incredibly choppy. I doubt you'd want the voices to be the same or similar so that's even more recording that needs to be done. Some sports games, manage to pull off context specific dialogue to a passible degree, but they're only working with two or three actors at most. Nothing to the scale of Bannerlord.

DAWUSS said:
I think this way it keeps dialogue from getting staler that much sooner than it does by text alone.
I think you would find the exact opposite effect. "Another settlement needs your help" got pretty annoying, pretty quick. A better way to stop dialogue from going stale would be to increase the amount of dialogue options, add some random variation to it, and limit the amount of voice acting.

You can have much more dialogue in a game if you don't have, or have very little, voice acting as voice acting takes a lot of time to produce and can limit options.

There is also the consideration for modders and any potential dialogue they might want to put in.

So in all honesty I think having more voice acting would be a terrible idea.

TL:grin:R Voice acting will limit dialogue and get stale far faster than text.

Lord Engineer said:
I think you would find the exact opposite effect. "Another settlement needs your help" got pretty annoying, pretty quick. A better way to stop dialogue from going stale would be to increase the amount of dialogue options, add some random variation to it, and limit the amount of voice acting.

You can have much more dialogue in a game if you don't have, or have very little, voice acting as voice acting takes a lot of time to produce and can limit options.

There is also the consideration for modders and any potential dialogue they might want to put in.

So in all honesty I think having more voice acting would be a terrible idea.

TL:grin:R Voice acting will limit dialogue and get stale far faster than text.

I should have clarified better, but yes I agree.

I prefer to read the text, but what is about gibberish language, like in the civ games.You have voice acting (mishmash speak ) but you have to read the text.

I agree on that every characters' first lines should have voice acting, but not the rest. As far as i see TW decided to go for it as well. NPCs in gameplay videos mostly have voice acting for first lines. "My king", "My lord", "My lady", "My husband", "I will drink from your skull!" etc should also have voice acting.

Back
Top Bottom