SP - Quests More smaller simple quest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Bb

Sergeant at Arms
Just to have somthing to do for new beginner or if your Army was crushed.

Village Quest: gain money and better recruitment troops type
1. More delvery cow/sheep/pigs/grains/woods ... etc.
2. More buy supplies and bring it back.
3. Stay for 2 days to help around the village. (chores work.)
4. More Looters hunt quest (kill x3 looter band.) not the run around looking and killing bandits not knowing when the quest will be finished.

Lords Quest: gain Renown and money
1. Deliver a letter
2. Train troops
3. Collect tax
4. Bring Weapons or Food to his party
5. Hunt down Deserter x1 party
6. Add 5 troops (of any kind) to his Garrison
7. Make peace.
8. Make war!
9. Hunt down looters (if not already In a Mercenary) x5 parties
10. capture a lord for exchange prisoner

etc..... just to gain experience and have something to do ...

Tasks/Quests making more use of skills
1. Built new well (engineering)
2. Repair Milling system (engineering)
3. rehoof horses (smithing)
4. Help with commons dispute (stewardship)
5. Aid Healers (Medicine)

All nice. I like the idea of lots and lots of possible small quests, even though they will probably boil down to deliver this, get that, attack this... but still more variety would be good.

I think new quest's should offer change to the gameplay. Im constantly hunting bandits so i really don't need a quest that wants me to hunt bandits.
Also quest's like building a well sound quite boring. What would I have to do as a player? Just wait at the village till the well is build?
Quests need to offer a challenge to the player and it must be possible to fail them.
A quest that is just a skillcheck is not a good idear in my opinion.

But yeah quests are one way to offer some change from the main gameplay loop, if done right.

I think new quest's should offer change to the gameplay. Im constantly hunting bandits so i really don't need a quest that wants me to hunt bandits.
Also quest's like building a well sound quite boring. What would I have to do as a player? Just wait at the village till the well is build?
Quests need to offer a challenge to the player and it must be possible to fail them.
A quest that is just a skillcheck is not a good idear in my opinion.

But yeah quests are one way to offer some change from the main gameplay loop, if done right.

I'm normally on you side. Though there are a lot of 'Talk to xyz quests' in many games that mostly just rely on one skillcheck.
But so far we've got such thin gameplay loops for most skills, that i honestly don't think it would feel all to boring if you'd have at least some variety for what you wait or travel (to buy wood + stones) or whatever for.

Back
Top Bottom