SP - General More sensible marriage offers

Users who are viewing this thread

Csatádi

Grandmaster Knight
I cannot search the clan from this menu. In this case I can guess this is a Sturgian woman, but most of the time I have no idea who are the people who want to marry my brother.
It's annoying because you have another annoying feature that the children inherit the culture of their mother. So it does matter a lot to whom will I marry my brother.

BL-marriage-offer.jpg

Hi Csatadi
Your WFaS mod was great. Thanks.
Yes, once you open the little message pop - out panel it is too late to research the marriage candidate.
So instead first just glance at her name in the little panel, then look her ( and her clan etc ) up, roaming in the encyclopaedia ......... when you are satisfied with your research, only then click on the panel to get this " Decision " screen .......
Happy New Year !

Isn't this game really Shambleslord !
I am perplexed by the whole ongoing saga .....

Hi Csatadi
Your WFaS mod was great. Thanks.
Yes, once you open the little message pop - out panel it is too late to research the marriage candidate.
So instead first just glance at her name in the little panel, then look her ( and her clan etc ) up, roaming in the encyclopaedia ......... when you are satisfied with your research, only then click on the panel to get this " Decision " screen .......
Happy New Year !

Isn't this game really Shambleslord !
I am perplexed by the whole ongoing saga .....
Thanks, dude and happy new year!

Yes that's the workaround, but I wouldn't call it a good user experience.
They were able to make excellent menus for the dialogs from which we can search the clans and persons, so they could do the same for this menu.

Thanks, dude and happy new year!

Yes that's the workaround, but I wouldn't call it a good user experience.
They were able to make excellent menus for the dialogs from which we can search the clans and persons, so they could do the same for this menu.
Yes, I see, you were giving the devs some good constructive feedback .......
Well, good luck !

Last edited:
Yeah, the popup should show the bride's portrait and link to the encyclopedia.

Unless you've trained yourself out of the habit, one tends to just reflexively click on those bubbles and then its too late and you're forced to make an uninformed decision

The menu doesn't even have a 'decide later' option.
Sometimes more women share the same name, it can happen both are single. So reading her name could be too little info.

It would be nice if you could leave your brother at the same location as the wife you'd like him to have to get better odds of marriage offers for her.

I almost always pick between a fairly small number of options that don't have messed up comically asymmetrical faces.

For clan members one often must just take one. There are better options, but an older is not married so she is offered. One should be able to send a clan member on a wife hunt. Same as the player can.

Back
Top Bottom