More realistic weapon reach

Users who are viewing this thread

dochtorgajo

Squire
Id like to ask is there any chance for the future that bill:lance reach ratio will be done to represent reality? lance would outreach bill by as much as two times and ingame its like 200:215 or so if Im right so it allways happens I cant stab billman infront of me before he cuts from side to side.

Just for comparison:
lance length (held almost at the tip): 9 to 14 feet
bill/halberds (not sure about details but most propably held much closer to the center of gravity): 6 to 9 feet

I was just fiddling with that notion last night as I prepared to put the new lances ingame. I think it's worth a shot; you are right, currently the longest lance is somewhere around 230. I'm going to try making a few more like 300 and see what that does.

Of course, to counter the insane reach I'll give them serious stat nerfs like the current great lances, but it should work out. 

Like it should be :wink:

It still wouldnt be such a huge problem to learn to time thrust with horse passing by target and on foot it would be best used against other cavalry and in bigger groups (like english knights on foot supporting archers)

Back
Top Bottom