More lethality!

Users who are viewing this thread

RR_Raptor65

Knight
I made this little item mod with the editor that makes the weapons 2x more lethal, I wanted something that focused more on the brutality of the battlefield, so:
More Damage
More Speed

The Horses are also faster, more maneuverable and do more charge damage by 6 points each. You do have to hit just right to do more than 0 damage, but its lots of fun.

Heres a short video I took real quick of some Pirates vs Infantry (Was either that or go get run over by 60+ Darkies).
http://www.modelsource65.com/files/lethalmod_video.mpg

And the mod file itself, extract it right to your M&B folder and remember to back up the item_kinds1.txt in the Native folder in case you decide you don't like it.
http://www.modelsource65.com/files/lethal_mod.rar

Incase your wondering from the video, yes, I have a sound mod and texture mod in there too, the sounds are from HL2, and the textures from a Morrowind mod.

Oh, forgot to mention, this is for 0.703

This one won't, Mag_7 uses new items so I'd have to go through and make a seperate one just for Mag_7, this one should work, but all I did was go in and swing the starter sword around, it includes the new Mag_7 items/horses (Sped up and the damage increased):

http://www.modelsource65.com/files/lethal_mod_mag7.rar

Alright.
It looks good, i'm seeing some massive numbers in damage (Weeee)
But one thing: What happens when you speed up weapons, is that they become "too fast" for it to register a hit that actually hurts, you'll want to slow em down a bit. This is especially true for higher level characters who have alot of agility and strenght. I now whip a great rune blade around like it's a pool noodle, which means if you don't know how to handel it, you'll only constantly be doing around 4-20 damage instead of the numbers you intended.

Otherwise it looks good.

Jockey: No, First Person is a stock feature, you can goto the Options->Controls and 4th key from the bottom should say "Toggle First Person View".

GhostThaxian: Yeah, sadly, but I'm aware of that, I plan on going back and taking off a 3rd of the current speed, should bring em down to more reasonable settings, the most reliable speed seems to be around 160-180 as of .632, the swings 'looked' better in .632 at these settings, but the new swing animations look too fast now that I go back and really look at em. I'll probably tackle them tomarrow morning.

Just the speeds, they are all under 170 now, fast enough to be deadly and look good, but not too fast that they miss 70% of the time, took alot less time to redo them all than I thought it would. I've only had a few 0 hits, mostly due to both me and the enemy backpedeling away from eachother, or a point blank hit. Beware... cavalry charges are DEADLY now... its the rider you don't see that kills ya. Oh, Jousting and Great Lance speeds have been left untouched, I figured it'd be better that way because of the mass of those things. I didn't update the non-Mag7 file though, so its still too fast.

could you... maybe, drop me an email at einsdrei -at- gmail.com ; and maybe, just maybe give me a hint how I could get those sounds and textures, if you know what I mean :wink:

Back
Top Bottom