Monitor Failure

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would appear that my monitor (Cheapo) is failing after several years of service. With sufficient fudging I have got it to work although it will likely break again the moment it is turned off. With that in mind I'd like to get another one ordered today. I am willing to spend up to £150 for something of good quality, I can't spend more than that as I am going to have to spend extra for quick delivery.

Well, the one you posted doesn't have a VGA input, which may or may not be a concern for you. However, it has a higher screen brightness limit, and a better natural contrast ratio.

I did however, cock it up slightly, in that I ordered two of these; which have the same brightness and a better contrast than the one you found. Your one doesn't say if it's a full response time of 2ms or a grey-grey one; if it's the former, it means that for a complete colour change it'll take 2ms, or if the latter, 2ms form a grey to grey change and longer for a full.

Overall, this really comes down to whether or not things'll blur, though I've never even noticed it even in older LCD monitors, so the point may be moot at best. Guess it depends how sensitive you are to that sort of thing.

In the non-technical side:

Kronic's is connected through an HDMI cable
hdmi2.jpg

While the other one uses a DVI cable
nJfwMMhNxLVNMEgCVebSM-pLzOgV-p4k_iQLsAKCfoLCPC5TJaNXP6yonN7Jz5a2g6oy1vkfx-jf8lIO_NOtrCuVGLtRnFjjv1IzZv7q_BYgT3Er62iiDqFWYUUjWqxA27rUW8E7SgwrVmAB6xpAA21G6RFClI19TWllLvbHBbZuZ49zI3sCjkfcWyjnjQRiQkhe3PI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom