Money being taken?

Users who are viewing this thread

Didn't want to post this in the bug thread in case its a feature I'm not aware of. I recently started a game as a PR on Casual for the first time to see how playing PR went.  About 10-12 days in I sieged a castle (the one directly north of Veluca, between the mountains and forest) and immediately after I got a message that 200,000 was taken from me.  I only had about 30k before this and after the battle I was down to broke.  If that is a bug I can try to reproduce it for you.

If you have Marnid in your party, then he takes 200k every battle to use the Aleph. It's a little buggy atm and sometimes can take from you regardless. Did you recruit him?

Nope. The only companion I've recruited so far is Bashetur.  I have a bunch of death knight equipment though if that matters. Found an army of 60 of them and wiped them out.

At the beginning of a battle, before you go into the battle itself and it gives you options of whether you want to fight it or let your men fight it, are there any options that weren't present before?

I did some more checking. Its happening anytime I start a game on casual/peasant. There are no unusual options appearing on the pre-battle screen, and its only taking my money when I perform a siege.  I've tried multiple games and 4 different castle sieges and they all take 200k when the battle starts.  Not entirely game breaking but its annoying to have 0 cash every time I siege something and watch my morale start plummeting.

Marnid hasn't moved from the first castle I captured. I can never afford to hire him at this point. And at the rate I'm capturing places I rarely have more than 0 denar for more than a few days.  Is there a console command to give cash so I can alleviate this? Otherwise I'll keep marching forward as the broke queen :smile:

The final measure to do this is to cheat.

The Warband Way - Just Ctrl + X (Cheats Must Be Enabled)

The Warband Way v2 - Export your character, find the character in Mount & Blade Warband Characters, and read through Notepad, edit the money as you wish and save, then import.

The Cheat Engine Way - This one is easy to say, I don't need to explain this, do I?

Epicrules said:
Or just stop playing casual. Mommy is easy enough as it is.

I wasn't aware casual costs 200k per fight. and there are  some casual players, epic. Not everyone is as... epic as you and me.

SilverBrone said:
The final measure to do this is to cheat.

The Warband Way - Just Ctrl + X (Cheats Must Be Enabled)

The Warband Way v2 - Export your character, find the character in Mount & Blade Warband Characters, and read through Notepad, edit the money as you wish and save, then import.

The Cheat Engine Way - This one is easy to say, I don't need to explain this, do I?

As for this, I wouldn't bother. Cheating tends to take the fun away from the game...

Overall, I think you should just write this off as payment for taking castles. Maybe just take a break from taking castles and earn enough money to buy Marnid. Xeno does recommend refraining from actual conquests until you have a large nest egg available.

If you aren't a fan of battling, you can instead raise money by trading from town to town.

That is... if you have a large/strong enough team to defeat the large bandit hordes that roam.

In a game where trade values generally yield around 20%, how do you make a profit through trading? I usually find the most profitable enterprise is prisoner trading.

If Prisoner Trading is your specialty, then just prepare a team of soldiers who use Blunt weapons, and hunt down small-groups of bandits, and try avoiding the stronger ones.

SilverBrone said:
If Prisoner Trading is your specialty, then just prepare a team of soldiers who use Blunt weapons, and hunt down small-groups of bandits, and try avoiding the stronger ones.

Xeno set it up so that, regardless of whether or not you blunt-weapon-kill an enemy, there's a chance of becoming a prisoner. This is to reflect the large amounts of prisoners that would realistically be gained from medieval battles. Unfortunately, this means that doing quests that require you to take prisoners (ie capture the spy and the ordinary townsman quest) are impossible.

Back
Top Bottom