• Lenient

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Strict

Votes: 30 85.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

KickingJoub

Grandmaster Knight
We in the admin team have been pondering over the question of whether or not the Moeckscript (which affects weapons quite a bit) should be turned to strict from the current lenient setting. It would make weapons harder to use and more prone to bouncing off, but it would also make the mod a bit more skillfull. In short it affects the usable weapon reach/range and amongs the effects would be making spinstabbing with spears harder, the axe blade being the damaging part.

Throw your opinions and questions in the thread!

Ps: Only vote if you're actually playing the mod. We're not interested in speculation or the opinions of those who this poll doesn't affect.

Wait, are you saying that we changed the server from awesome-setting at some point? So all those kills came from kitten*-mode and not from my manly skillz?

It seems that this forum doesn't understand that some words can have many meanings from little cat to coward to female genitalia. The more you know...

So, does this strict prevent the backstepping and champering two handed axe-wielding simpletons to spin around you like a pretty ballerina?
'cause I find 'em very annoying.

Poem of Maeror said:
So, does this strict prevent the backstepping and champering two handed axe-wielding simpletons to spin around you like a pretty ballerina?

No, those skillful players will be having a harder time getting a clean cut on you though.

Dansk viking said:
Poem of Maeror said:

No, those skillful players will be having a harder time getting a clean cut on you though.

Okay. Thanks for the answering.

irondeath said:
Lets try it for a month if it is possible and then we will see. :smile:

We could at least try it. For science!

I have always been and still am in favour of the strict Moeckscript. Doesn't mean I won't ***** about whiffs every now and then, but they are like stubbing your toe or something.

Poem of Maeror said:
Dansk viking said:
Poem of Maeror said:

Okay. Thanks for the answering.

irondeath said:
Lets try it for a month if it is possible and then we will see. :smile:

We could at least try it. For science!

Damn, that's bad for me, right?
But as long as it is making the game harder i am fine with it :smile:

It would be the best thing if we could find a middle ground, but as it is the lenient version hardly activates the script while the strict version feels broken and overly sensitive. Unfortunately I doubt anyone will be able to fiddle with the script settings themselves now, we can only choose the lesser of two evils (granted, rather the better of two goods).

I just hope "realistic" doesn't mean "slower" for you guys. Like the other guy said, the more realistic the game looks like, the better will be.

As a new player, I prefer strict. Two reasons:
1- I'm fairly bad, and the harder it gets, the faster I learn.
2- If I recall correctly, moeckscript on the event server is strict. This is related to the first reason. What use is Hildileikr if I can't use it to train myself to be more effective on the battlefield.  I want to be an asset to the team, not mere spear fodder.

So yeah. Strict is fine.

Sorry if I sound pretentious, but I really like this mod and I want to get good at it so I can bring more friends to it and someday fight besides them in the shieldwall.

Back
Top Bottom