Mods?

Users who are viewing this thread

Empyreus

Recruit
I know it's rather early to discuss this but anyway,Does anyone know if there will be mods for NW???  :???:

when the source codes willl be released I know somebody will make a1812 mod and a guy in my regiment by the name of Betaknight will make a naval battle mod.

I think they mentioned they will release the source about 3-4 months down the line or something like that, but it will be release nevertheless I guess.

MaHuD said:
And I will port my zombie mod + upgrade it.

I love you.

Me and my friends were just saying last night that what this needed was a zombie mod.  I just "fits" with the engy/sapper fort building.

Commander Millander said:
when the source codes willl be released I know somebody will make a1812 mod and a guy in my regiment by the name of Betaknight will make a naval battle mod.
The epi already have some primitive maps with plank made ships. Not the most fun game mode but it shows potential to be an event thing if we can drive the ships soon.

guy in my regiment by the name of Betaknight will make a naval battle mod.

If you're talking about multiplayer, then no, he won't. I personally was looking into some sort of naval variant of the mod for multiplayer, but with the warband engine it's next to impossible because of the server useage when movile scene objects. I discussed it briefly with Vince and apparently servers can only just about handle 50 objects being moved at a time, before it crashes. And that's a GOOD server. Given that the current NW cannons take 5 or 6 scene objects just to work, all of which will be moving, then multiplayer naval combat with cannons is impossible without major changes to the engine. Why else d'you think they didn't include it in NW over the past year?

- Blob

Undead Clown said:
MaHuD said:
And I will port my zombie mod + upgrade it.

I love you.

Me and my friends were just saying last night that what this needed was a zombie mod.  I just "fits" with the engy/sapper fort building.
Hm didn't think of using the sapper yet, but you are right that definitely has some potential!

Basically my current zombie mod is for native MP (albeit its not completed, but its "playable" so to speak). It puts everyone on the "human" team and then randomly selects a number of zombies to start with (dependant on number of players in the game). Anyone that gets killed will respawn as a zombie. I am working on getting them respawned where they die and kinda "rise up" from their dead body.

Not sure what else to add in apart from the sappers though.

I wish to make an American Revolution mod :grin: (im already busy with models)
But good points there blobby.
Maybe in Mb2 So yeah the boat thing is cancelled but the franco prussian will go on :grin:

Blobmania said:
guy in my regiment by the name of Betaknight will make a naval battle mod.

If you're talking about multiplayer, then no, he won't. I personally was looking into some sort of naval variant of the mod for multiplayer, but with the warband engine it's next to impossible because of the server useage when movile scene objects. I discussed it briefly with Vince and apparently servers can only just about handle 50 objects being moved at a time, before it crashes. And that's a GOOD server. Given that the current NW cannons take 5 or 6 scene objects just to work, all of which will be moving, then multiplayer naval combat with cannons is impossible without major changes to the engine. Why else d'you think they didn't include it in NW over the past year?

- Blob
you should play on Box's server

Zombies sounds good :smile: do you know if anyone is planing to build An invasion mod?
I played captain co op in wfas and it was fun. I reckon with the buildings and houses and mini cannons and zappers and maybe bot squads you'll have a really good game type. :grin:

BTW: Can this Community board here used for Mod previews? Or should the previews stick in the official thread in "mods under construction" forum?
The problem is, that 80% of the player doesnt look in that "mods under construction" forum and didnt know, which mods are currently in progress for NW :smile:

Back
Top Bottom