Mods vs No Mods

When did you start using Mods?

• Since Early Access

• Only since official launch

• I do not use Mods

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't use any mods. Stopped playing with mods after 1.8 I believe.

I used mods in Warband but only after getting bored of playing vanilla.

Right now I'm still having fun playing vanilla Bannerlord so I will use mods maybe after I finish this playthrough. If I feel the need to.

The vast majority of people use mods, I hope that at least this will serve as a warning for TW to end these updates without warning .

I used mods in EA, right now I play vanilla until something like Floris Mod Pack or interessting total conversions exist... would use some QoL mods though but I don't want to run into troubles with my savegame or reinstall every week.

Tried mods for previous titles.
I think most mods look like **** or dont add then content I would want.

For that reason - I dont use mods

If you actually don't use any, what is the reason?
I am not that much interested in mods that change gameplay or add features. The vanilla game is good enough in my opinion. If you want to change a specific thing that annoys you it's great that you can use a mod for it.
But is there a mod that you would consider absolutely mandatory? Not just for you personally but something you think *absolutely everyone* needs to have and otherwise they couldn't enjoy the game as it is?

Personally I'll probably use mods when (if) we get the first major overhauls and total conversions.

Playing the vanilla game after using mods like Banner Kings, Caldaria Expanded and so on feels like going back to an alpha version of the game.

Playing the vanilla game after using mods like Banner Kings, Caldaria Expanded and so on feels like going back to an alpha version of the game.
So,try some Custom Spawns mods and you will feel vannila Calardia as a desert,I really can't imagine this game without mods like that ones.

I've used mods since EA and these days I'm actually using Mod Organizer 2 to assemble a modlist on v1.0.0 for now, and if they all end up working, I will switch to v1.0.1 and see what breaks. It's a work in progress but it works for now. However seeing them push random stealth update on v1.0.2 demotivates me, even if it may not affect me directly.

But is there a mod that you would consider absolutely mandatory? Not just for you personally but something you think *absolutely everyone* needs to have and otherwise they couldn't enjoy the game as it is?

There's a lot of mods that fit this description, but here's a few of my favorite picks (not all of them can be mixed together)

Calradia At War (Custom Spawns) + Calradia Factions Enhanced (soon PLUS version) <-- this is what I prefer for my main troop overhaul
Calradia Expanded + Kingdoms
Realistic Battle Mod
The Old Realms (total conversion)
Dismemberment Plus
Distinguished Service
Diplomacy
RTS Camera+Command System
Something like Kaoses Tweaks Updated because vanilla rates and stuff are horrible

..Hot Bu-

Once you´ve tried mods you´ll never go back to vanilla. Also some mods are just bug fixes (companion troop assignment bug as one example) so they´re kind of a requirement until TW fixes them.

I usually try vanilla experience once and then go onto mods but in EA the constant updates broke mods and I eventually just stopped playing. With Steam not that I know about the beta branches and can play mods it is a bit better but damn, never had so much trouble getting mods to work for any game that has mods in the Steam workshop.

Particularly shaders seem to be done really weird by TW.

I am very impressed with the 15% that do not use Mods. Game enjoyment is very subjective; if one is having loads of fun playing Vanilla, then enjoy it.
When I first started playing M&B/BL in EA, I did not use any Mods and thought I need to try and discover bugs/problems/things needing fixing...etc. I quickly got desillusioned with the lack of response, not just to my reportings, but mostly to other more experienced players that had been reporting the same problems over and over without any resolution. The thing that really bugged me (no pun intended) is when TW reworked or even worse, removed things that no one had complained about and despite the uproar there was nothing that was going to make them change back to previous state (even less so to admit they were wrong).
As a relatively late comer, the more posts/threads I read the more I realized most of the work some of the more dedicated players had done was for nothing. So, there was no reason for me to waste time and energy reporting issues that were most likely not going to be addressed.

I recently read a post that sums it all:

The real sad issue is not that TW is not great at communicating or just "doesn't Care", the problem is most if not all game developpers are the same. I joined many forums for game in development, or released games that were still being worked on and it's all the same. It's that false hope you blind yourself with, thinking this is different and end up with "it's all the same $h!t, just a different smell".

I just wish they produced a stable vanilla game and let us enjoy the Mods we want.

I have never used mods to any game. Because when i read it often seem to cause problems that needs special workaround.
But i have tryed. But on mtw2. Was not a success for me.

I might try one day to this game. But when it´s finished. What do i miss. Kids growing quicker maybe.

I use mods because the game is severally lacking.
improved garrisons
Surrender Tweaks
hideout plus
Arena Overhaul
Separatism
Allegiance overhaul
Diplomacy
MolochsDuels
Distinguished Service
Powerful Heroes
More Arenas
Governors Handle Issues
Dismemberment plus
Bannerlord CCs Banners
Fighting together relationship
Immersive Sergeant
Nepotism
Open source armoury
PerfectExecutioner
Raise your Banner
True Noble Opinion
True relationships
Useful Companions
Warlords Battlefield

How, how is that developers never thought of adding the features that for example Bannerkings have? Are they so uncreative or they're scared of taking risks? Modders, unlike in other games, aren't expanding on an already done gameplay, and instead have to add to it's faults

When you have to use a Mod like Party Screen Enhancements to have troops lined up by type on the screen, it's a sign that TW is also passing some onus to Modders.

Back
Top Bottom