Mods for Japan

Users who are viewing this thread

It's the only one. And it's one of the most realistic mods out there in both historical accuracy and combat.

What do you mean recruiting was a mess? The NPCs? or soldiers? For soldiers its the old way, that M&B used to do it where you talk to the inn keeper.

QuailLover said:
It's the only one. And it's one of the most realistic mods out there in both historical accuracy and combat.

What do you mean recruiting was a mess? The NPCs? or soldiers? For soldiers its the old way, that M&B used to do it where you talk to the inn keeper.

To get people to join your party they had to have a specific item. Can't be a upgraded or beat up item, it had to be the original and that always took you around the map twice. It is very realistic, I'll give them that. The history was very good too. I never figured out how to get people to follow you from their villages. I'll give it another shot though.

The_Dark_Fire said:
Two words- Control X~! God mode for Noobs. And remember recruiting in taverns was cutting edge back in ye old 8.08.

Really?  I seem to remember it from .751, at least.  I could be wrong, of course.

Recruting people from taverns was always the go before version 0.89x as far as I can remember it (at least from when I started playing 0.623).

Personally I think the only real flaw in Onin No Ran is the lack of a good readme, it's different enough from the current version of mount and blade that you can easily get a bit lost.

So a few hints.
Aragorn1632 said:
I tried that mod but everything was to dang expensive.

First, the costs are realistic for the time period, this means that steel is the most valuable commodity around and as such a years supply of rice is about equal to a well made blade. The numbers only look big, go out and kill yourself some river pirates or bandits, the loot you can get from them will more than pay for the upkeep of a small band and eventually some better armor or weapons.

Aragorn1632 said:
And recruiting people in taverns was a mess.

God would it save time if they just wrote a bloody readme. :roll: From what you've written I'm guessing you're talking about recruting heroes, seeing as theirs only five of them your probably going to have a hard time getting an army that way. :lol:

There are two ways to recruit soldiers in Onin No Ran:
Taverns-
Talk to the tavern keeper and ask to buy a drink, this should open up the dialogue to recruit Ronin or farmers into your party (word of advice the Ronin are the better choice if you can only lead a small number of men, although if you have a high leadership then taking along a bunch of farmers doesn't hurt either).

From your lord-
If you belong to one of the houses then you can ask your lord for men (Ahsiguru or Samuria), this costs faction relation points.

All in all there's alot more to Onin No Ran than meets the eye which is why it's my favourite mod, but unless you've been following it from the old versions then a lot of it can go ever your head, for example the Dojos or Shinobi or the fact that you can join the bandits as a Ronin.

I reinstalled it. Thank God for the Kingmaker in South Kyushu! Now that I've played it more, I understand it better and see that is a very good mod. And after I got some troops by my side, I really started to be able to get cash from loot. (Any point to the furniture?) My class is learning about Japan and Onin No Ran is a very realistic and historically accurate mod. I'm really glad I gave it another shot. All of Japan will soon be mine!

Onin No Ran was empty. Both in the towns, and of enemies on the world map.

It had a healthy dose of bugs, and lacked direction very badly. No real challenge once you get a small army, either.

There is a readme for ONR, check out the forum for it.  The new version is quite nice.  ONR is not like the average mod where you can just go in and start slashing and come out on top because of the realistic combat model.  It takes time and patience and defeats.

It's still hideously unintuitive most of the time. I've tried to start playing it a few times and just given up. There's only a certain amount of effort I'm willing to put in to have fun.

Dain Ironfoot said:
It's still hideously unintuitive most of the time. I've tried to start playing it a few times and just given up. There's only a certain amount of effort I'm willing to put in to have fun.

Ya, Ive had the same problem, except with my last character.  I've probably tried 10 or so characters, and I finally got one that was able to not get beat every single fight.

Back
Top Bottom