Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am added the decapition code and when ı killed a man he lost the he's hands look like:
mb1.jpg
and ı am remove the arm,hand code but thats continues.

Somebody said:
It's fine, just the various hair hiding bits will get wonky when you equip/unequip helmets.
then tell me what's wrong with this code:
Code:
##":value" = target player
##":player_no" = admin who is respawning the player
					(eq, ":var", lwbr_player_list__respawn),
					(player_get_agent_id, ":agent", ":value"),
					(try_begin),
						(neg|agent_is_active, ":agent"),
						(server_add_message_to_log, "@Admin {s10} is trying to respawn player {s11} but he didn't spawn yet."),
						(multiplayer_send_string_to_player, ":player_no", multiplayer_event_show_server_message, "@The player you selected didn't spawn yet."),
					(else_try),
						(agent_is_alive, ":agent"),
						(server_add_message_to_log, "@Admin {s10} is trying to respawn player {s11} but he didn't die yet."),
						(multiplayer_send_string_to_player, ":player_no", multiplayer_event_show_server_message, "@The player you selected didn't die yet."),
					(else_try),
						(agent_get_position, pos1, ":agent"),
						(set_spawn_position, pos1),
						(player_get_troop_id, ":troop", ":value"),
						(player_get_team_no, ":team", ":value"),
						(spawn_agent, ":troop"),
						(agent_set_visibility, reg0, 0),
						(agent_set_team, reg0, ":team"),
						(try_for_range, ":val", 0, 8),
							(agent_get_item_slot, ":item", reg0, ":val"),
							(agent_unequip_item, reg0, ":item"),
						(try_end),
						(try_for_range, ":val", 0, 8),
							(store_add, ":slot", ":val", slot_player_selected_item_indices_begin),
							(player_get_slot, ":item", ":value", ":slot"),
							(is_between, ":item", 0, num_of_items),
							(agent_equip_item, reg0, ":item"),
						(try_end),
						(player_control_agent, ":value", reg0),
						(agent_set_visibility, reg0, 1),
						(str_store_string, s1, "@Admin {s10} has respawned player {s11}"),
						(server_add_message_to_log, s1),
						(call_script, "script_lwbr_send_msg_to_all_players"),
					(try_end),
I get a new agent, the player is controlling it, the weapons are equiped but the armor stays the default for the troop.

also, isn't this supposed to make the agent invul?
Code:
agent_set_invulnerable_shield            = 1725  # (agent_set_invulnerable_shield, <agent_id>, <value>),
or is it SP only?

how the play_bink_file operation works ?

I've done something:

Code:
(play_bink_file, "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/MountBlade Warband/Modules/Project/anno_domini_prologue.bik"),

but,the path will show a various things.For example my and your path may not to be same.how can i fix that ?

HyperCharge said:
how the play_bink_file operation works ?
It is a WSE operation, so you should have asked the question in the relevant thread.

That said, as fas as I know the operation expects a path relative to current module folder.

Got a couple questions for you guys:

1) Is there a (preferably easy) way to rebind the horse ctrl+j thing to another button?
2) Is there a (preferably easy) way to increase player running speed? Whether it be base speed or the increase you get per Athletics point etc.
3) What do these options in module.ini do? I tried googling but there's just no information on it:
  • has_accessories_for_female
  • can_run_faster_with_skills
  • has_forced_particles
  • use_phased_reload
4) It is possible to edit NPCs' appearance. But is it possible to somehow "save" it so that you don't have to do it every time you start a new character?

thanks!

aleeque said:
1) Is there a (preferably easy) way to rebind the horse ctrl+j thing to another button?
you could do a mission_templates trigger that checks for cntrl being held and then use the omit_key_once operation on key_j
aleeque said:
3) What do these options in module.ini do? I tried googling but there's just no information on it:
  • has_accessories_for_female
I believe it is for mods that use beards for female troops as acessories

aleeque said:
2) Is there a (preferably easy) way to increase player running speed? Whether it be base speed or the increase you get per Athletics point etc.
You can make a mission_template trigger that runs once where you use agent_set_speed_modifier operation for the player.

aleeque said:
4) It is possible to edit NPCs' appearance. But is it possible to somehow "save" it so that you don't have to do it every time you start a new character?
Thorgrim said:
A: With edit mode enabled, go to your Character screen and click the Edit Face button. Play around with all the sliders and settings until you've got the face you're after. Now click Ctrl+E, and you'll notice a box/button pop up at the top right with a string of characters in it. Click this and it will copy the face code to the clipboard. In module_troops.py, simply paste in it in as the face code.

Hello my game got a error while running around the world-map, but I don't know what it means and Im here to ask for that.
It says:
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE- 2147483088: Invalid Troop ID 77568584 LINE NO: 602 At Script [556]npc_decision_checklist_faction_ai_alt

how do I fix this?

Im using 1143 Version of the game and have Diplomacy + PBOD installed, can anyone help me?

Antonis said:
Lumos said:
Cozur said:
mike56 said:
1) Can I smooth those sharp terrains on the coast? How?
1: You'll have to smooth everything manually.
Or use the smooth command in Thorgrim's. I'm sure one existed.

Yep, it's Ctrl+S, if I'm not mistaken.

CTRL+S makes my thorgrim crash  :???:

And I think the smooth option just makes the terrain go down, all at the same height. Doesn't it?

fladin said:
What script decide  who to be killed and who will be only knocked unconscious ?

thanks

it's hardcoded afaik, but you could always change the skill values(surgery and all that stuff) to a ridiculous number and then remove the troops you want to die, or use the agent_set_no_death_knock_down_only operation

Ikaguia said:
fladin said:
What script decide  who to be killed and who will be only knocked unconscious ?

thanks

it's hardcoded afaik, but you could always change the skill values(surgery and all that stuff) to a ridiculous number and then remove the troops you want to die, or use the agent_set_no_death_knock_down_only operation

What I want to do is to make  troops with heavy armor less "killable" ;

I already created the script that calculate total armor protection, and also the one that reduces the final damage, but they  die anyway  :mad:

also  tried agent_set_no_death_knock_down_only, it only makes them immortal  :lol:

Thanks  anyway  :smile:

fladin said:
What I want to do is to make  troops with heavy armor less "killable" ;
Add ti_on_agent_spawn trigger and call (agent_set_no_death_knock_down_only) on them with some chance depending on armor "heaviness".

agent_set_no_death_knock_down_only :  The agent only fall, and then he gets up = never knocked uncouscious = eternal battle

already tried and it gave an epic -infinite- battle  :lol:

Hello, ma' lords!

I come here with a pair of questions for you, I hope somebody can help me.

First and more important, I made my own map, as said before, and when testing ingame, I see a horrible great white cross on the sea...

nJDFy.jpg

What's this? How to remove?

And second. I modified desert textures because I want tthe palms on my map not look like desert palms, but rainforest palms. Now looks like this:

jytbi.jpg

But now I'm trying to increase the number of palms, the amount per squared meters, if you understand me; in order to make it look like a dense rainforest.

How can I do this?

Cheers and thank you!

fladin said:
agent_set_no_death_knock_down_only :  The agent only fall, and then he gets up = never knocked uncouscious = eternal battle

already tried and it gave an epic -infinite- battle  :lol:

afaik they don't get up, it counts as if they were knocked unconcious(troops will "die" but you won't lose them in the campaign)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom