Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
for sp you need to change module.ini there is an option there to enable usable props in singleplayer

kraggrim said:
I had my suspicions  about the else_try things, so it's good to have it spelled out, thanks. This is what I ended up with on my own, which wasn't too far off the mark :grin: :

Code:
(try_begin),
        (party_get_num_companions, ":party_size", ":village_no"),
		(eq, ":party_size", 30),
		(store_faction_of_party, ":village_faction", ":village_no"),      
        (faction_get_slot, ":reinforcements", ":village_faction", slot_faction_reinforcements_b),
        (party_add_template, ":village_no", ":reinforcements"),
	  (else_try),
	    (eq, ":party_size", 55),
        (faction_get_slot, ":reinforcements", ":village_faction", slot_faction_reinforcements_c),
	  (else_try),
	    (lt, ":party_size", ":ideal_size"),
        (faction_get_slot, ":reinforcements", ":village_faction", slot_faction_reinforcements_a),
      (try_end),
  ]),

I've crossed it with your version and it performs exactly how I wanted, they fill up with reinforcements_a and have a roughly 10% chance of _b and 5% of _c.  I'm hoping this will balance out the loss of risk from implementing the run-away-while-raiding script.

Cheers for the help man, I appreciate it :smile:. Do you happen to know if there's an easy way to enable post-battle equipment looting  for the village defender fights? The lack of it could be kinda frustrating for the player when they're no longer fighting farmers with rocks.

just a small tip, it's much better to read a code like this:
Code:
	(try_begin),
		(party_get_num_companions, ":party_size", ":village_no"),
		(eq, ":party_size", 30),
		(faction_get_slot, ":reinforcements", ":village_faction", slot_faction_reinforcements_b),
	(else_try),
		(eq, ":party_size", 55),
		(faction_get_slot, ":reinforcements", ":village_faction", slot_faction_reinforcements_c),
	(else_try),
		(lt, ":party_size", ":ideal_size"),
		(faction_get_slot, ":reinforcements", ":village_faction", slot_faction_reinforcements_a),
	(try_end),
	]),

Where is the code what makes the lord join another faction if the own faction is eliminated?
Also, is there a way to remove the lords from a faction,
i have made that some factions get instantly eliminated at start because i haven't assigned a town/castle/village to them now i want to delete their lords or just prevent from joining another faction

jacobhinds said:
I'm not sure. I've never looked into how loot worked. Anyway it shouldn't be too much of an issue just to leave it out -- you don't get physical loot for sieges and there are scripts that give you money anyway.

I suppose you're right, you do get several thousand worth of goods anyway. Side note: I plonked the defenders code into viking conquest and it worked there too. I know it's basically the same game but it was a pleasant surprise.

Ikaguia, that's true, will try to remember.

Guys, please help! What is this, why is it happening and how to fix it?

xzlnwwbhw1nlxstzg.jpg

I didn't do anything to that item(it is the byzantine Native helmet). The item and all the module was working fine till now, and all of a sudden did this. It started from the Native item, I then replace it with a couple other models I knew they were fine, but still the same thing. Please, please help!

Thank you

K.A. said:
Hi.
Is the player unique id really unique ? I mean does it change if i change my harware or it remains forever  ?
Thanks.
It's connected to your serial if I am not mistaking. When playing with the same product key, on any system or hardware, it should be the same.

Antonis said:

xzlnwwbhw1nlxstzg.jpg

I didn't do anything to that item(it is the byzantine Native helmet). The item and all the module was working fine till now, and all of a sudden did this. It started from the Native item, I then replace it with a couple other models I knew they were fine, but still the same thing. Please, please help!

Thank you
This item does not exist in Native, so I daresay you did do something to it. At the very least, you added it.

That said, it seems this error appears most often due to various syntax errors in item definition within module_items.py file.

Deutch1 said:
Hi, how do you change the materials for the ground like changing dirt,sand,snow and such to custom ones.
Warband will prefer textures from the mod's Textures folder to textures from Warband's Textures folder, so the simplest way would be to identify texture file names and create their alternatives in your mod's Textures folder with the same names. More proper way includes adding a brf file which will load them directly (instead of relying on Warband to do that for you).

Lav said:
Antonis said:

xzlnwwbhw1nlxstzg.jpg

Thank you
This item does not exist in Native, so I daresay you did do something to it. At the very least, you added it.

That said, it seems this error appears most often due to various syntax errors in item definition within module_items.py file.

Thanks for replying, I managed to fix it. But I really did nothing to the item. As I said, that pic is from the third time I tried to change it. The first time, it game me this exact error in item "byzantion_helmet_a". What you saw, is the same item, just renamed. But it is good now, thanks.  :smile:

Hello guys. I'm making my own american map for a spanish conquest mod i'm doing. The map, mostly done with thorgrims, at this moment looks like this:

9QSZp.jpg

I have two questions for you, oh lords of modding.

1) Can I smooth those sharp terrains on the coast? How?

2) Can I add palm forests to the map? I can't find the texture on Thorgrim's editor.

Cheers and thank you!

mike56 said:
Hello guys. I'm making my own american map for a spanish conquest mod i'm doing. The map, mostly done with thorgrims, at this moment looks like this:

9QSZp.jpg

I have two questions for you, oh lords of modding.

1) Can I smooth those sharp terrains on the coast? How?

2) Can I add palm forests to the map? I can't find the texture on Thorgrim's editor.

Cheers and thank you!

1: You'll have to smooth everything manually.

2: You can, but only by manually editing the text file. Desert Forest is designated with the number 13 - just replace whatever tiles of terrain you want, with that.

Cozur said:
2: You can, but only by manually editing the text file. Desert Forest is designated with the number 13 - just replace whatever tiles of terrain you want, with that.

Thanks, but which text file are you talking about?

mike56 said:
Cozur said:

Thanks, but which text file are you talking about?

map.txt - You can use winmerge to quickly compare files and then make your modifications to add Desert Forest terrain.

jacobhinds said:
Whoa, how come nobody (not even the developers, apparently) makes use of the billboard shaders? They're great! They act like procedural .lods that aren't nearly as jarring as separate models (easier to keep track of, too). Are there any performance issues to worry about, like the shader being poorly optomised?

k-OoT.jpg

Can't really see it in this image but the leaves on trees slowly fade in to view when you're moving towards them.
IIRC, a few Native trees use it.

is there a way to change agent's armor in-battle? it seems like agent_(un)equip_item operations only work for weapons, I remember seeing sth about it in WSE...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom