Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shredzorz said:
What kind of units is shoot_speed measured in? Anything in particular, or is it just an arbitrary number?

It's measured in m/s, but notice that all missile speeds are multipiled by 1.2 ingame except missiles which are shot with the "add_missile" operation.

Bow- and throwing shot speeds are also modified by power draw or power throw.
Code:
skill= power- draw or throw
velocity= shoot_speed*sqrt(skill*0.12+1)*1.2

What script updates reports? I.E relations with known lords. (call_script, "script_troop_change_relation_with_troop",) doesn't update this.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Ok I have three different scenes in for the random terrain plains but only the first one which is random 1 plats when I fight on the world map. Any help here.

Code:
        (eq, ":terrain_type", rt_plain),
        (store_random_in_range, ":scene_to_use", "scn_hotd_random_1", "scn_hotd_random_2", "scn_hotd_random_3","scn_field_1"),
      (else_try),

xPearse said:
Ok I have three different scenes in for the random terrain plains but only the first one which is random 1 plats when I fight on the world map. Any help here.

Code:
        (store_random_in_range, ":scene_to_use", "scn_hotd_random_1", "scn_hotd_random_2", "scn_hotd_random_3","scn_field_1"),
      (else_try),
You had the same problem a year or two ago and I replied as well, so let's go through this again:
(store_random_in_range, ":scene_to_use", "scn_hotd_random_1", "scn_field_1"),

header_operations.py says:
store_random_in_range      = 2136    # (store_random_in_range, <destination>, <range_low>, <range_high>),
                                    # Stores a random value in the range of <range_low>..<range_high>-1.

I'm looking for some opinions on starting equipment and builds for characters. This question is a follow on to my start king script. The player is going to start at level 15 and will have approximately 100 troops and 15k denars.

My question is, if you started as level fifteen and were given 4-5 options to choose from in regards to customizing your characters starting proficiencies, what would you like to have?

I posted this here because ppl get a little bent when you start a new thread, so I thought I'd start here. If anyone knows of a thread where this type of information has been discussed, it'd be great if you could relay that thread to me.

Thanks!

What is a random town sequence and what's its purpose, given that it's seemingly unused?

BearNorris said:
Would it be difficult to just edit the scale of a troop,your character or an object?
Changing the scale of a living agent will require you to use a custom race for that, i.e. it's not extremely easy and is more or less limited. Changing the scale of a scene prop is easy though: just use (prop_instance_set_scale) as you see fit.

Caravan or some unimplemented-party-type route?

Or maybe an alternative order of iterating through towns where ordering has some effect.
Typically, lazy coding for town patrols would be done like this:
Iterate through towns
  If rnd<10% and not enough town patrols (store_num_parties_of_template) on the map, spawn a town patrol

Now, this favors towns that are first on the list. If you generate a random list for each game and iterate through that list instead, no one will notice that you are a lazy coder. :smile:

MadVader said:
xPearse said:

Code:
      (else_try),
You had the same problem a year or two ago and I replied as well, so let's go through this again:

store_random_in_range      = 2136    # (store_random_in_range, <destination>, <range_low>, <range_high>),

Im sorry but what does that mean, how would I make it randomizes between the three scenes. I know you probably expect me to understand how to but im no good at these script stuff.

xPearse said:
MadVader said:
xPearse said:

Code:
      (else_try),

Im sorry but what does that mean, how would I make it randomizes between the three scenes. I know you probably expect me to understand how to but im no good at these script stuff.
Just use this line instead of yours, you don't have to understand why :smile::

All "scn_xxx" identifiers are simply numbers. That's why it works. Open ID_scenes.py for a big surprise.

MadVader said:
xPearse said:
MadVader said:
xPearse said:

Code:
      (else_try),

Just use this line instead of yours, you don't have to understand why :smile::

All "scn_xxx" identifiers are simply numbers. That's why it works. Open ID_scenes.py for a big surprise.

Oh I understand now or I think I do, it randomizes between all named hotd_random which would be 1-3 so there is no reason to include all three scenes in this line. I opened up id scenes and see now,

scn_hotd_random_1 = 175 Starts here
scn_hotd_random_2 = 176
scn_hotd_random_3 = 177
scn_field_1 = 178 Bounces off here

And randomizes in between 1-3, I'll add that line into the scripts now. Thanks for helping out and it should work now.

MadVader said:
Hmm. Interesting, but it's completely unused, so I'm scrapping it for now.

While I'm here, could someone please remind me what the **** the purpose of the banner background color array thingies is? Never understood what the point of them is. Can I scrap them too?

Lumos said:
MadVader said:
Hmm. Interesting, but it's completely unused, so I'm scrapping it for now.

While I'm here, could someone please remind me what the **** the purpose of the banner background color array thingies is? Never understood what the point of them is. Can I scrap them too?
To paint the back of the heraldic armors, don't scrap.

Lumos said:
MadVader said:
To paint the back of the heraldic armors, don't scrap.
Thanks!
Although you'll want to make sure all the banner colours are actually matching. The Sarranid banners_g from Warband overwrote banners_f, and so you'll want to replace some of those colours and also fill in the spaces between regular banners and kingdom banners. I've re-added banners_f, but haven't gotten around to correcting the colours for banners_g yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom