Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're saying that party  can and can not be based of a party template? So like if I want to make a unique party, I wouldn't use a party template?

WookieWarlord said:
How would one go about preventing the G key from dropping your wielded item in multiplayer?

Or failing that, how would one be able to detect when a player drops an item?

Edit: Oh I found the ti_on_item_dropped used in the napoleonic wars module system. This would answer the second question, but the first one is more important to me.

I would like to know this also.  I tried simply re-equipping the item in a ti_on_item dropped trigger which works fine except when you go to pick up a new object and your items slots are full (while carrying 4 items).  The new item is picked up but the script wont re-equip the dropped item when it is "auto-dropped".  Maybe another script in item_picked up trigger is needed to correct this issue.  I'm not sure I gave up and just had the item moved to its original spawn location if the player drops it.

epicboy12332 said:
So you're saying that party  can and can not be based of a party template? So like if I want to make a unique party, I wouldn't use a party template?
I'm saying that you're not limited either way. You can easily spawn a unique party from a template if you wish so. What makes party unique is the fact that you don't spawn any more parties like this, and this is something you have full control over, templates or no templates.

What templates do is provide an easy way to detect party type and a fast prototype-based method of spawning new parties.

Hi Guys! :smile:

It was a very positive experience to really get some help here. Thanks again for that.

2 noobish questions ahead... :lol:

- How can I make certain troops drop more? - Is the droprate influenced by the abundance in
  items, or are there more defining components?
- What does the flag "carries_goods" in party_templates do?

Edit: And there is another... :oops:
- How can I make weapons that have crush through really crush through? - The tag "itp_crush_through"
  doesn't seem sufficient. Is it maybe the model that is used and needs a tweak as well?

Thanks in advance!

1  afaik just increasing abundance will increase droprate, but I'm not sure so you should check the looting script
2  makes you able to loot trade goods such as food, wheat, salt after defeating that party

3  I think weapon dmg, lenght and weight influence in it as well as the defending weapon/shield lenght and weight.  there should be also some configs in module.ini for that if I'm not mistaken
(also, the amount of time you hold the atack greatly increases the crush trought chance, can't remember the formula but I think its' like a slow increase up to 2 seconds and after that it decreases the chance)

Silberfalke said:
- How can I make weapons that have crush through really crush through? - The tag "itp_crush_through" doesn't seem sufficient. Is it maybe the model that is used and needs a tweak as well?
What effects do you actually expect from itp_crush_through flag?

Ikaguia said:
1  afaik just increasing abundance will increase droprate, but I'm not sure so you should check the looting script
2  makes you able to loot trade goods such as food, wheat, salt after defeating that party

3  I think weapon dmg, lenght and weight influence in it as well as the defending weapon/shield lenght and weight.  there should be also some configs in module.ini for that if I'm not mistaken
(also, the amount of time you hold the atack greatly increases the crush trought chance, can't remember the formula but I think its' like a slow increase up to 2 seconds and after that it decreases the chance)
That is most awesome! :smile: - Thanks so much for the answer!

Lav said:
What effects do you actually expect from itp_crush_through flag?
Just the originally intended. That it makes the weapon crush through blocks depending on the
above mentioned.
Some of our items we had did do that. To some I added the flag but it seemed to not work at
all. Thanks to Ikaguia I now know what to change in order to make them do that.

You guys are great. Thanks for the help! :smile:

Hi guys, a quick question, please:
I want to make new entries in the info_pages(what the game reads as "Game Concepts"). Is it enough to just make the entry in the file and then it will show up in the game? Or should I add sth in another file?

Thank you!

I'd expect the engine to handle a few thousand entries without any major issues. If you plan something bigger, then you will need to test it.

I have a few questions here!

Some players get an error saying something on the lines of get_object failed for mesh: arms_h14

I went through the meshes.txt and found them, then checked the .brfs to see which one contained them. Although I couldn't find them. I just went through Native's meshes.txt and the mesh_arms seemed to be there as well, just not the mesh_arms_h series, only up to mesh_arms_g.

Does anyone know what that is, and why it is?

Another thing, is a lighting/shader bug I get with the Highlander models. Some of the armors look perfectly find in-game, they all look perfectly fine in OpenBRF. Although the other half in-game, get all weird lighting - they get insanely bright. Here's a picture of it:
5305BC790A848FF051E3AD26220D30EE001E1846

As you can see, some of the textures get all white. I went in-game and checked it for myself, and it seemed that the areas of the armors where it gets bright, actually changes when I turn around.

If anyone can help me with those, it'd be great. Thanks.

Someone has added that one to module_meshes.py, but forgot to add it to the .brf file?
For the armour glitch, you should check the .brf file if the meshes are correctly linked.

Guys, a question from myself. Is there any way to replace native's materials in a .brf for wall and ground textures?
I want to change the shader settings.

Hi all new to the forums here,

(Might not be the most ideal place to ask this, if so sorry) I've just started playing warband, but outlaw archers keep killing me :sad:  I circumvented this problem in Mount and Blade by mostly attacking sea raiders (very few archers). So I wondered if there is any mod around that where outlaws don't have archers?

It's really a wrong place to ask such questions. This forum is for modders, not for players looking for a mod. Try main Warband forum instead.

Cozur said:
Is it possible to add a bonus to defenders in sieges? Like increased arrow damage?
All defenders belong to team 0 or 2, so you can do something like this:
(ti_on_agent_hit, 0, 0, [],
    [
      (store_trigger_param_1, ":victim"), # always has to start from the first parameter AFAIK
      (store_trigger_param_2, ":attacker"),
      (store_trigger_param_3, ":dmg"),

(agent_get_team, ":team", ":attacker"),
      (item_get_type, ":type", reg0), # reg0 is the weapon involved
      (val_mod, ":team", 2),

(try_begin),
      (eq, ":team", 0),
      (is_between, ":type", itp_type_bow, itp_type_goods), # you can add firearms if needed
      (val_div, ":dmg", 4),
      (val_mul, ":dmg", 5),
      (try_end),

(set_trigger_result, ":dmg"),
      ]),

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom