Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I followed this tutorial on how to make my own faction link --->  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,128647.0.html

and when i ran the build module mat i got this

http://prntscr.com/600ub2

I noticed it says something about unexpected indent in the file's that I changed

and the town that i made for that faction 2 isn't there and swadia now says player supporters.

what exactly did i do wrong? any help is appreciated

I understand you can randomize troop faces between two values like mercenary_face_1(0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000000001c00000000000000000000) and mercenary_face_2(0x0000000cff00730b6db6db6db7fbffff00000000001efffe0000000000000000)

But would it be possible to randomize between two values such that every possible combination of face texture/hair/facial features are possible?

I tried to use these values:
Code:
wookie_face1 = 0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
wookie_face2 = 0xffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
But that appeared to only cycle through face textures, and not hair or face features etc. So how does the character creation/player profile creation  do it in the base game?

Hey guys, I had a quick question: how does one edit the text in the Main Menu, or remove it entirely (ie. "Start a New Game," "Continue," "Custom Battle" or "Multiplayer"? I am trying to make a mod for M&B: With Fire and Sword, which depends on the changing or removal of certain text elements of the Main Menu, in order to make the menu unique. Can I please have help? I am a novice with this stuff.

Thanks,

seislund

seislund said:
Hey guys, I had a quick question: how does one edit the text in the Main Menu, or remove it entirely (ie. "Start a New Game," "Continue," "Custom Battle" or "Multiplayer"? I am trying to make a mod for M&B: With Fire and Sword, which depends on the changing or removal of certain text elements of the Main Menu, in order to make the menu unique. Can I please have help? I am a novice with this stuff.

Thanks,

seislund
Game variables. (It is in the module folder, not the module system)

Antonis said:
I would copy in a new .brf the corrsponding materials, change the textures to new ones of my choice (if I wanted to) and then change the shaders.
If this did work I wouldn't post to this thread. It will only work for buildings if I include the models in the .brf. But that's an awful lot of extra unnecessary space.

So does anyone have a solution =)?

Original post:
Quintillius said:
Guys, a question from myself. Is there any way to replace native's materials in a .brf for wall and ground textures?
I want to change the shader settings.

Does anybody know whether or not the AI Lords respectively their troops get experience and use the upgrade system? I mean: Do the troops of AI lords upgrade themselves or do lords just receive the reiforcements as defined in the module system?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

DerGreif said:
Does anybody know whether or not the AI Lords respectively their troops get experience and use the upgrade system? I mean: Do the troops of AI lords upgrade themselves or do lords just receive the reiforcements as defined in the module system?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I was under the impression that every point of trainer skill for a lord gave a % chance of his troops upgrading to the next tier every X days, not an experience accumulation system. That might have been something modded though, memory is hazy.

Dusk Voyager said:
Cozur said:
Is it possible to add a bonus to defenders in sieges? Like increased arrow damage?
All defenders belong to team 0 or 2, so you can do something like this:
(ti_on_agent_hit, 0, 0, [],
    [
      (store_trigger_param_1, ":victim"), # always has to start from the first parameter AFAIK
      (store_trigger_param_2, ":attacker"),
      (store_trigger_param_3, ":dmg"),

(agent_get_team, ":team", ":attacker"),
      (item_get_type, ":type", reg0), # reg0 is the weapon involved
      (val_mod, ":team", 2),

(try_begin),
      (eq, ":team", 0),
      (is_between, ":type", itp_type_bow, itp_type_goods), # you can add firearms if needed
      (eq, ":type", itp_type_bullets),
      (val_div, ":dmg", 4),
      (val_mul, ":dmg", 5),
      (try_end),

(set_trigger_result, ":dmg"),
      ]),

Thanks.

Getting this though:

Code:
Exporting mission_template data...
WARNING: Local variable never used: victim, at: 0

That error doesn't have any effect in game; don't worry about it. It means exactly what it says, you never used the local variable :victim.

Quintillius said:
It will only work for buildings if I include the models in the .brf. But that's an awful lot of extra unnecessary space.
So does anyone have a solution =)?
Antonis' suggestions is the best one in my opinion. It will take up a bit more space but its by far the simplest and Im struggling to come up with an alternative. You can change prop materials in game with the operation prop_instance_set_material, but this is only temporary as it changes the material individual prop instances use (which only exist in a single scene/are lost on scene end). 

WookieWarlord said:
I understand you can randomize troop faces between two values like mercenary_face_1(0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000000001c00000000000000000000) and mercenary_face_2(0x0000000cff00730b6db6db6db7fbffff00000000001efffe0000000000000000)

But would it be possible to randomize between two values such that every possible combination of face texture/hair/facial features are possible?

I tried to use these values:
Code:
wookie_face1 = 0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
wookie_face2 = 0xffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
("test",
[
(try_for_range, ":sregs", 0, 64),
(store_random_in_range, ":perm", 0, 16),
(try_begin),
(eq, ":perm", 0),
(str_store_string, ":sregs", "@0"),
(else_try),
(eq, ":perm", 1),
(str_store_string, ":sregs", "@1"),
(else_try),
(eq, ":perm", 2),
(str_store_string, ":sregs", "@2"),
(else_try),
(eq, ":perm", 3),
(str_store_string, ":sregs", "@3"),
(else_try),
(eq, ":perm", 4),
(str_store_string, ":sregs", "@4"),
(else_try),
(eq, ":perm", 5),
(str_store_string, ":sregs", "@5"),
(else_try),
(eq, ":perm", 6),
(str_store_string, ":sregs", "@6"),
(else_try),
(eq, ":perm", 7),
(str_store_string, ":sregs", "@7"),
(else_try),
(eq, ":perm", :cool:,
(str_store_string, ":sregs", "@8"),
(else_try),
(eq, ":perm", 9),
(str_store_string, ":sregs", "@9"),
(else_try),
(eq, ":perm", 10),
(str_store_string, ":sregs", "@a"),
(else_try),
(eq, ":perm", 11),
(str_store_string, ":sregs", "@b"),
(else_try),
(eq, ":perm", 12),
(str_store_string, ":sregs", "@c"),
(else_try),
(eq, ":perm", 13),
(str_store_string, ":sregs", "@d"),
(else_try),
(eq, ":perm", 14),
(str_store_string, ":sregs", "@e"),
(else_try),
(eq, ":perm", 15),
(str_store_string, ":sregs", "@f"),
(try_end),
(try_end),
(troop_set_face_keys, [insert troop here], "@0x{s0}{s1}{s2}{s3}{s4}{s5}{s6}{s7}{s8}{s9}{s10}{s11}{s12}{s13}{s14}{s15}{s16}{s17}{s18}{s19}{s20}{s21}{s22}{s23}{s24}{s25}{s26}{s27}{s28}{s29}{s30}{s31}{s32}{s33}{s34}{s35}{s36}{s37}{s38}{s39}{s40}{s41}{s42}{s43}{s44}{s45}{s46}{s47}{s48}{s49}{s50}{s51}{s52}{s53}{s54}{s55}{s56}{s57}{s58}{s59}{s60}{s61}{s62}{s63}", 0),
]),

Hello, good lords.

I'm introducing you to my problem. When you enter the town, castles and villages menus in native warband, you can just see different images for swadian, vaegir, khergit and sarranid cultures.

I'm asking if there is any way to make nords and rhodoks have modified images, just as swadian and others have.

Cheers  :smile:

Two problems relating to these scene props:
Code:
  ("chest_b_bonus_4",spr_use_time(5),"chest_b","bo_chest_b", [
   (ti_on_scene_prop_use,
    [
      (try_begin),
	  		 (store_skill_level, ":skill", "skl_lockpick", "trp_player"),
			 (ge, ":skill", 1),
			 (display_message,"str_door_lockpicked",0x3B7534),
			 (change_screen_loot, "trp_bonus_chest_4"),
	  (else_try),
			 (display_message,"str_door_locked",0xFFFFAAAA),
	  (try_end),
    ]),
  ]),
  ("chest_b_bonus_1",spr_use_time(5),"chest_b","bo_chest_b", [
   (ti_on_scene_prop_use,
    [
      (try_begin),
	  		 (store_skill_level, ":skill", "skl_lockpick", "trp_player"),
			 (ge, ":skill", 2),
			 (display_message,"str_door_lockpicked",0x3B7534),
			 (change_screen_loot, "trp_bonus_chest_1"),
	  (else_try),
			 (display_message,"str_door_locked",0xFFFFAAAA),
	  (try_end),
    ]),
  ]),
1) The thing nearly never shows up to use these items even when I get really close to them and point the camera right at them; only one appears to be usable at all and it is only usable when I go ~3 meters away and point the camera back at it.
2) When I can manage to use the one that is usable at 3 meters away, it only shows the message "lockpick succeeded" in the green color- I don't get access to the chest troop's inventory.

mike56 said:
Hello, good lords.

I'm introducing you to my problem. When you enter the town, castles and villages menus in native warband, you can just see different images for swadian, vaegir, khergit and sarranid cultures.

I'm asking if there is any way to make nords and rhodoks have modified images, just as swadian and others have.

Cheers  :smile:

Have fun with script_set_town_picture. Bear in mind that in native they're assigned by terrain type and not by faction, so you'll have to rewrite the script if you want it to differentiate between factions.

The Dark Robin said:
1) The thing nearly never shows up to use these items even when I get really close to them and point the camera right at them; only one appears to be usable at all and it is only usable when I go ~3 meters away and point the camera back at it.
2) When I can manage to use the one that is usable at 3 meters away, it only shows the message "lockpick succeeded" in the green color- I don't get access to the chest troop's inventory.
I'm not sure it's possible to switch to loot screen directly from the mission - most likely you'd have to quit the mission and run the screen from the menu.

For your purpose it would probably be better to create two duplicate props: one will be usable for locked state, another will be a proper chest for unlocked state. When player unlocks the chest, you display the message and replace the usable prop with the actual chest, and the player is none the wiser.

On your first question I have no ideas though. Maybe something is wrong with the collision mesh? I checked the vanilla one and it seems to be correct, but if you changed it, or if you have scaled your chest too much on the scene then there could be issues.

jacobhinds said:
Have fun with script_set_town_picture. Bear in mind that in native they're assigned by terrain type and not by faction, so you'll have to rewrite the script if you want it to differentiate between factions.

Thank you. I've tried what you said, and I modified a little the code to have a simple modification. It should show the mesh_pic_ishtar_castle when it's not a town from factions 1, 2 or 3 (yeah, I'm using an image from your mod, just to test :razz: )

cwZHY.jpg

To have this new mesh working, I've tried to do like this, just add the texture to the brf like this.

_Lpcn.jpg

But then, when trying to compile, it says that the mesh does no exists.

ss80b.jpg

Why? I'm not properly adding the new mesh? How should I do?

Thanks a lot for your time!

Do you see anything wrong with this line? :smile:

Code:
(party_get_current_[color=red]terrain[/color], ":cur_[color=blue]faction[/color]", "$current_town"),

Lav said:
Do you see anything wrong with this line? :smile:

Code:
(party_get_current_[color=red]terrain[/color], ":cur_[color=blue]faction[/color]", "$current_town"),

Oh gods, I thought this was like a variable  :sad:
I'm not really into python...

Fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom