Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to permanently remove all banner icons fast and easy? Not just cancel them out and not use them, delete them from module_map_icons.py etc. I want to free up map icon space because there's a limit. Do I have to delete those lines? How will it affect the lords and cities that carry them?

Fire_and_Blood said:
You'd have to go through the whole ms and remove all references to banners. Otherwise removing them from module_map_icons will cause errors.
Could you tell me which are those references and in which files should I look?
Mesh references?

"Banner" is a good start to search for, but there's around 3k hits in the ms.  It may just be easier, to make one invisible banner and assign that to each party with:
(try_for_parties, ":party_no"),
(party_set_banner_icon, ":party_no", ":dummy_banner").

That way, all scripts and triggers referencing banners would work and you'd only have to adjust the remaining party_set_banner_icon to also assign your dummy banner.

Fire_and_Blood said:
"Banner" is a good start to search for, but there's around 3k hits in the ms.  It may just be easier, to make one invisible banner and assign that to each party with:
(try_for_parties, ":party_no"),
(party_set_banner_icon, ":party_no", ":dummy_banner").

That way, all scripts and triggers referencing banners would work and you'd only have to adjust the remaining party_set_banner_icon to also assign your dummy banner.
Instead of searching for "banner", search for party_set_banner_icon operation which assigns a flag to a party, and banner_map_icons_begin constant which points to the beginning of map flag icons range.

Hi

I'm planning on using a Webserver for the Invasion Mod I am currently developing. I know that the Webserver is run on one's internet, but does it make it extremely slow as if said person's internet was downloading a huge constantly?

Thanks!
Suns

Masterancza said:
How much time is it?

Code:
(1.0, 0, 0.0, [],

If it is in a mission template, then it is 1 second.
If it is in the world map, then it is 1 GAME hour (which is 4 second real time (depends on how you have the time multiplier set in module.ini; 0.25 is default (so in game time passes 4 times slower than in real life (each hour in game is equal to 1 second real life divided by time_multiplier))))

The_dragon said:
Masterancza said:
How much time is it?

Code:
(1.0, 0, 0.0, [],

If it is in a mission template, then it is 1 second.
If it is in the world map, then it is 1 GAME hour (which is 4 second real time (depends on how you have the time multiplier set in module.ini; 0.25 is default (so in game time passes 4 times slower than in real life (each hour in game is equal to 1 second real life divided by time_multiplier))))

It's trigger. So I must wait only one GAME hour? Thank you.

You have to wait a maximum of 1 hour.

It's like a train that leaves every 60 minutes. If you get to the train station, right as the last train leaves, you have to wait a full 60 min, but if you get there right before the train leaves, you may not have to wait at all. Basically, the wait time can be anything between 0-60 min.

Fire_and_Blood said:
You have to wait a maximum of 1 hour.

It's like a train that leaves every 60 minutes. If you get to the train station, right as the last train leaves, you have to wait a full 60 min, but if you get there right before the train leaves, you may not have to wait at all. Basically, the wait time can be anything between 0-60 min.

Ok. Now I have another problem. Now with script 'increase_rank" (credits to The Last Days team). It doesn't give me any influence points and just show the error. (Some parts of the code can be useless too)

# script_increase_rank
# difference can be a negative value
# messes up s11
("increase_rank",
    [ (store_script_param_1, ":fac"),# gain rank (need rank points to advance)
      (store_script_param_2, ":difference"),

(try_begin),
          (is_between, ":fac", kingdoms_begin, kingdoms_end),
          (neq, ":difference", 0),

# gain influence = 1/8 rank points gain (rounded) Was 1/10
          (faction_get_slot, ":val", ":fac", slot_faction_influence),
          (store_add, ":inf_dif", ":difference", 8/2),
          (val_div, ":inf_dif", :cool:,
          (val_add, ":val", ":inf_dif"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":fac", slot_faction_influence, ":val"),

# display message
          # (store_mod, reg10, ":difference", 100),(store_div, reg11, ":difference", 100),
          # (try_begin), (lt, reg10, 10), (str_store_string, s10, "@.0"), (else_try), (str_store_string, s10, "@."), (try_end),
          (str_store_faction_name, s11, ":fac"),
          (assign, reg11, ":difference"),
          (assign, reg12, ":inf_dif"),
          (assign, reg1, 1),
          (try_begin),
            (lt, reg11, 0),
            (val_abs, reg11),
            (val_abs, reg12),
            (assign, reg1, 0),
          (try_end),
#          (display_message, "@{reg1?Earned:Lost} {reg12} influence with {s11}.", ":news_color"), # MV: why do this??
          (display_message, "@{reg1?Zdobywasz:Tracisz} {reg12} punktów zasług z {s11}.", 0x33DD33),
      (try_end),
]),

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom