Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
fladin said:
wow ... very fast answer  :shock:
thanks DerGreif

@Garmalak : have-you added the  corresponding dds file(s) into "Textures" folder

jacobhinds said:
Thanks, that worked perfectly.

You are welcome. Glad I could help a little.

@jacobhinds
I am really looking forward to your mod. Sounds very interesting, original and well-thought out.

I'm trying to make a 'news' tab on the main menu, wich i will hook up later on some scripts, but I can't make the container to work properly. Basically I have this code somewhere in my presentation (in ti_on_load trigger)
Code:
(str_clear, s0),
    (str_store_string, s0, "@a^"),
    (try_for_range, ":unused",0, 150),
      (str_store_string, s0, "@{s0}a"),
    (try_end),
    (str_store_string, s0, "@{s0}^"),
    (try_for_range, ":unused",0, 50),
    (try_end),
    (try_end),
    (try_end),
    (str_store_string, s0, "@{s0}^asd"),
    #the part above is for setting those strange lines of 'a'; for debugging only

(create_text_overlay, "$server_list_news_panel", s0, tf_scrollable),
		(position_set_x, pos1, server_list_news_panel_low_x),
		(position_set_y, pos1, server_list_news_panel_low_y),
		(overlay_set_position, "$server_list_news_panel", pos1),
		(position_set_x, pos1, server_list_news_panel_high_x - server_list_news_panel_low_x),
		(position_set_y, pos1, server_list_news_panel_high_y - server_list_news_panel_low_y),
		(overlay_set_area_size, "$server_list_news_panel", pos1),

(create_mesh_overlay, "$server_list_news_panel_background", "mesh_load_window"),
    (position_set_x, pos1, server_list_news_panel_low_x),
		(position_set_y, pos1, server_list_news_panel_low_y),
		(overlay_set_position, "$server_list_news_panel_background", pos1),
		(position_set_x, pos1, server_list_news_panel_high_x - server_list_news_panel_low_x),
		(position_set_y, pos1, (server_list_news_panel_high_y - server_list_news_panel_low_y)*100/75),
		(overlay_set_size, "$server_list_news_panel_background", pos1),
server_list_news_panel_low_x  = 300
server_list_news_panel_low_y  = 100
server_list_news_panel_high_x = 880
server_list_news_panel_high_y = 660
and this is the result direct link
Ila4fMv.jpg

As you can see in the image, there are 2 red numbers: 1 and 2 (in the mesh's corners, only for debuggin). Number 1 have the low coordonates and number 2 have the high coordonates. The mesh itself shows up good (because the 2 corners matches the 2 numbers), but as you can see, the 'a' that is most on the left is not near the mesh's border; same for the right border, so the container is not the size of the mesh. What is wrong? How can I make it be the same size as the mesh?

Garmalak said:
I'm using Morgh's editor, any idea where to find these variables?
You will have to select a ranged weapon, and speed_rating will be one of the values in the "values" column on the far right.

Greetings all,

I'm a newbie modder who's been experimenting with a lot that warband has to offer. Currently, I'm working towards a racial skin/sound mod. Each faction will have troops with different speech and voices, much like Napoleonic Wars.

My situation:

I've successfully implemented a series of sounds for a "test" race in .ogg format. However, in game, the sounds are ridiculously loud and repeat over and over.

How do I solve this delimma?

Note: I am modding via the sounds.txt, not via module system.

Thanks in advance.

Jarnefeldt said:
Note: I am modding via the sounds.txt, not via module system.

There are some flags in the module system that allow you to lower the volume and the distance the sound can be heard. other than that, it's just bad practice to use the .txt files. you can't do as much, there's far more room for error and your work's all going to be erased if you decide to do anything more substantial.

jacobhinds said:
There are some flags in the module system that allow you to lower the volume and the distance the sound can be heard. other than that, it's just bad practice to use the .txt files. you can't do as much, there's far more room for error and your work's all going to be erased if you decide to do anything more substantial.

Alright, thank you. I knew eventually Id have to use the module system to do anything worthwhile.

Any ideas related to the sound files playing on repeat?

ehh... checking out the mod system and python.. this is both irritating and time consuming. Why must I be subject to such complex bs when i simply want to edit sounds? its almost not even worth the effort.

Jarnefeldt said:
ehh... checking out the mod system and python.. this is both irritating and time consuming. Why must I be subject to such complex bs when i simply want to edit sounds? its almost not even worth the effort.

Then don't bother editing anything.

Jarnefeldt said:

You said you were working on a mod, so working with .txt files means nobody else can implement your changes. Besides, the module system will take you ten minutes to install - there are tons of tutorials simply on setting it up.

How do I add a custom old age face for a set person? Right now many of my faces use the native old-face slider but when I try to add a custom older face and use the slider to make him/her look older it just become a white texture with black lines. I have the texture, and tried copying the method used with the other faces in Openbrf but It doesn't work. 

Alright, we'll I'm trying to change their icon to a tractor, since my mod Is set in the modern day, I triple checked it Was all typed in right, but when I replace the icon in the .py and compile nothing changes. Tanks for the help

You can always bypass the default methods, jacob. See for this case, fire a trigger that will do the actions depending on the faction eqs. So, you could say, add faction-specific merchandise or troops into the concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom