Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dark Robin said:
Two questions:
1) I've implemented the trolls from TLD, but they seem to not be able to take damage, and I am unsure of how to add hitboxes.
Do they use a custom skeleton? If yes in openbrf when you click on this skeleton is the little checkbox which says Hit Boxes clickable? If it is clickable then they do already have hitboxes - if not then find the normal M&B human skeleton, click on edit copy hitboxes, then paste them on to your troll skeleton - then save your troll skeleton brf file. And then finally when you click to close the brf you should be presented with an option to add new hitbox data - if you dont get presented with an option you have done something wrong

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Possible to assign a random texture to an item on selection?
I wouldnt think so without a custom shader. You could have multiple copies of the item each with a different texture and then randomly assign one to use, It would be fairly easy to do in SP but I would guess that this is MP related? I do not have a clue about modding MP stuff so Im not 100% sure

mb52.jpg
This is all one item and tableau entry with multiple meshes/materials and randomized vertex color. Not sure what you mean by "on selection" though.

I have a interesting "bug" that only happens on select high end machines. I myself cannot recreate this bug even If I play on DX9.
This is how it is on my end:

PVYS1hk.jpg

And this is how it is on 'some' machines.

I have no idea how to fix this, or if it is even fixable.

fladin said:
simple question :

how to recruit only in your own village ?
Add this line of code in the village menu in the recruiting section in module_game_menus.py:
Code:
(party_slot_eq, "$current_town", slot_town_lord, "trp_player"),

It should then look like this:
Code:
   ("recruit_volunteers",
      [
        (call_script, "script_cf_village_recruit_volunteers_cond"),
        (party_slot_eq, "$current_town", slot_town_lord, "trp_player"),
       ]

You will also have to search in the module_dialogs.py for the the village elder dialog and add this condition there.

I amusing Morgh's editor

I'm trying to add a weapon now, I just put the BRF in resources, then duplicated the boar spear and assigned the mesh to "Bronze Spear" (the name of the mesh in the brf).

But when I try to start the game, it says RGL resource error?

Michadr said:
I have a interesting "bug" that only happens on select high end machines. I myself cannot recreate this bug even If I play on DX9.
This is how it is on my end:

PVYS1hk.jpg

And this is how it is on 'some' machines.

I have no idea how to fix this, or if it is even fixable.

I have this problem. I find turning down the gamma ingame and turn your brightness up on the monitor helps. Its not limited to mount and blade for me. Not sure if its my nvidia card or the fact i use a plasma tv.

Garmalak said:
I amusing Morgh's editor

I'm trying to add a weapon now, I just put the BRF in resources, then duplicated the boar spear and assigned the mesh to "Bronze Spear" (the name of the mesh in the brf).

But when I try to start the game, it says RGL resource error?

You dont mention anywhere that youve added the brf file to module.ini?

I did, load_mod_resource: Greek_Weapons (the file is Greek_Weapons.brf)

The error is gone, but now my Greek Militia are holding air. I killed one and took the spear he is meant to be holding, and noticed a message in the log:

"unable to find mesh "bronze_spear"

Strange, it should have the mesh.

Well, fixed that (The brf bronze spear had no underscore, so it didn't recognize!)
1395778126-mb2.jpg

Though now this is happening, they are holding their spears the wrong way round, and the spears are tiny. What the hell?

check the size and positioning of the spear mesh in the brf with another spear. select a native spear, and then shift-click to select your spear and choose the "combo" option on the bottom. then use the Roto-translate-rescale feature, check the "apply to last item only" box and make yours larger until they're around the same sort of size and positioning.

Is there a simple way to lock an agents (player agent) rotation during an animation (so the animation is locked facing one direction), or do I need to check the initial rotation of the agent and then constantly set it to that?

Edit - I tried using the acf_lock_camera animation flag, but it doesn't work, or at least doesn't work in multiplayer.

jacobhinds said:
Is there a way to scale the world map mesh down? I want to make the mountains flatter without changing the overall size of the map. at the moment I get the impression that it's scaling them up, because they don't look as tall as they do in the map editors.
Get swyter's cartographer and put your map.txt in the cartographer folder (whatever your path is\swycartographer-2014.03.07\res\mod. Then start cartographer and export the map as .obj. Import the .obj file into blender. Use for this the settings swyter has given in tzhis very same thread - somewhere on page six or so, you will have to go through the posts. In blender scale the z-axis down and export as .obj using the settings again as described by swyter in his cartographer thread. Start cartographer again and import this new .obj file. Save in cartographer as map.txt. Finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom