Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
_Sebastian_ said:
But its only synced to players within a radius of 20 meter, so you wont hear it from a further distance.
The script "game_missile_launch" is the way to go, as I mentioned in my previous post.

that script does not exists in warband, only in wfas.

Can someone tell me if it is possible to change the maximum number of players on a server to maybe 400-500 players?

Thanks for the help. I am modding Napoleonic wars which i suspect is built on WFAS as it does include the script Game_missile_launch, so I will try that thank you. If i can't figure it I'll have to go with the one with a 20 meter limit, 20 meters beats not hearing it at all.

For the ragdoll thing, i meant enforcing it for other players of my mod, I'd like to remove death animations and rely only on Ragdolls.

Willhelm said:
Thanks for the help. I am modding Napoleonic wars which i suspect is built on WFAS as it does include the script Game_missile_launch, so I will try that thank you. If i can't figure it I'll have to go with the one with a 20 meter limit, 20 meters beats not hearing it at all.

For the ragdoll thing, i meant enforcing it for other players of my mod, I'd like to remove death animations and rely only on Ragdolls.

You could change the death animations to just one frame, standing up. The ragdoll usually begins after the last frame of the animation. I don't know how it would react to lower ragdoll settings however.

jacobhinds said:
Willhelm said:

You could change the death animations to just one frame, standing up. The ragdoll usually begins after the last frame of the animation. I don't know how it would react to lower ragdoll settings however.
Yeah thats my problem, anyone with them turned off gets weird standing death animations.

I was under the impression that agent_set_speed_modifier was a valid operation, and apparently the module system says it's not. Does anyone have a suggestion on an operation that would take it's place? :smile:

Heroes_Witch_King said:
Can someone tell me if it is possible to change the maximum number of players on a server to maybe 400-500 players?
Can't, the max of 200 is hardcoded.

The Dark Robin said:
I was under the impression that agent_set_speed_modifier was a valid operation, and apparently the module system says it's not. Does anyone have a suggestion on an operation that would take it's place? :smile:
Works fine for me. Make sure your header_operations is well and in a good state and that you're not running a pre-1.153 game.

I have a question that has been bugging me for a long time now, (well over 6 months) and i just can't figure out what is happening.
When I am trying to add map icons (for example) from another mod (Floris for example or any other that is OSP) I just can't seem to get them working. I have the exact same code as that set mod, meaning I am using the same map_icons code, but when I use that icon in parties.py to replace a certain castle, it gives me a compile error for no reason because the code is perfect. The thing is when i look in the mod's brfs, the brf that the map icons are in only have a mesh, and not the textures. Am i missing something here because when i copy the whole map icon into a brf located in my mod, (textures are in mine too) it won't show up till I add the textures manually. So this is the only way i have gotten it to work SOMETIMES:

I took my map_icons.dds and copied it to my desktop, then copied whatever .dds i wanted to add into it, copied that texture into it, renamed it, then copied it back into my textures folder. Then i added the mesh and textures to my map icons brf, and then wrote a code for it in map icons_py. This worked for (2) map icons. Then i tried with another, but this time it didn't work. So that is very weird to me. Yes, this might be the hard way to do it, but it's the only way i could think of, and it still doesn't always work. There weren't any special declarations or whatever for any of those map icons.

Thanks to anyone that knows something...

Michadr said:
I took my map_icons.dds and copied it to my desktop, then copied whatever .dds i wanted to add into it, copied that texture into it, renamed it, then copied it back into my textures folder. Then i added the mesh and textures to my map icons brf, and then wrote a code for it in map icons_py. This worked for (2) map icons. Then i tried with another, but this time it didn't work. So that is very weird to me. Yes, this might be the hard way to do it, but it's the only way i could think of, and it still doesn't always work. There weren't any special declarations or whatever for any of those map icons.
Not sure what you're trying to do with the textures, but you should try compiling the module before using the actual map icons in module_parties so the id_x files are generated properly.

Lumos said:
Works fine for me. Make sure your header_operations is well and in a good state and that you're not running a pre-1.153 game.

That worked! Thanks! :grin:

I was using the Diplomacy 4.2 source, which is for 1.143; I suppose that was the problem. :smile:

Does anyone know how can I put an administrator panel on a server of Persistent World? 

I need it for having more admins on the server. So if anyone knows please tell me how.

I've added a bunch of new villages, but when I enter them, instead of the regular village walkers, I see a bunch of NPCs like Xerina, Ramun, Quick Jimmy, and the Village Elder. However I have set the culture of the village's faction so I don't know why this is happening. Thanks to anyone who can help me on this.

EDIT: I fixed it, nevermind.

jacobhinds said:
Is it possible to stop a certain type of bandit from spawning after a kingdom is defeated? I am running the latest diplomacy, if that helps
Add something like this to the spawning script of the bandit:
(faction_slot_eq, "fac_yourfaction", slot_faction_state, sfs_active),
So the bandits will only spawn if the kingdom is active.

1. Is it possible to rename a trooptype dynamically ingame, so that, for example, it could be named after the player like a regiment after its colonel?

2. Is it possible to re-equip a trooptype's armour ingame the way With Fire and Sword handles its mercenaries, so that the player might pick a regimental colour in a dialogue and have that applied to the aforementioned eponymous trooptype?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom