Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, one last question. This one's a bit more complex: I know how to create parties, that's not difficult. What I don't know how to do is create kingdom lords' parties. See, unlike bandit and manhunter parties, where you just write the number of soldiers you want it to have in party_templates.py, the units in lords' parties seem to be controlled by a series of crazy scripts. Could you explain me how to do it?

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but here's a good tutorial that includes how to make kingdom lords. :smile: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,128647.0.html

No, I know how to make new lords, that's not the problem. I just don't know how give them troops, so right now, my new lord is standing alone in his keep. Just him. Do you understand what I mean now?

Add the reinforcement template. Unless you did something weird with cf_reinforce_party or something like that... :???:

But what sets up a lord's starting party? What gives them the troops they have at the very start of the game? That's what I want to know.

Ok, so there was a problem with the order of the scripts, it's fixed now. My lord gets troops, but I still don't know how to alter the composition of his army (i.e. give more higher-tier units and less cannon-fodder) or their numbers (give him more). :S

script_cf_reinforce_party is used on all of the faction parties, whether it's a lord or a town. It gets called over and over from script_hire_men_to_kingdom_hero_party (20x for lords, 50 for faction leaders), and the quality is upgraded later in script_upgrade_hero_party.

How can one weld a lot of vertexes at the same time?

I have a very high vert map (about 13x of native) so I want to eliminate 90% of the sea vertexes. Is there an easy way to do that without manually going through to delete every single one individually? :smile:

The Dark Robin said:
I have a very high vert map (about 13x of native) so I want to eliminate 90% of the sea vertexes. Is there an easy way to do that without manually going through to delete every single one individually? :smile:
You should be working on your map in a 3D editing software. Export it using Thorgrims or one of the tools I think existed, or swy's cartographer which is basically made with exporting maps in mind, then import it into your preferred 3D editor - be it 3DS Max, Maya, or Blender, and maybe even Wings3D, though I'm not so sure about it.
In any case, go to your preferred powerful 3D editing application, import your map, set the "distance", "tolerance", "threshold" or whatever similar value the software provides you with as a parameter to the weld operation, then select the vertices you need welded, then weld them all. Having selected the proper threshold mesn that your vertices will consider themselves available for welding, whereas if the distance between two vertices is more than the threshold, then they would not weld together.
Aside from that, there's also the "Target Weld" operation (or any similarly called ones) which can be used to fine-tune welding by allowing you to select a vertex (or a few), then manually weld it(/them) to another vertex where you consider it.
After you're done, export the map as .obj, import it back in the map editor. Finished!

Lumos said:
The Dark Robin said:
You should be working on your map in a 3D editing software. Export it using Thorgrims or one of the tools I think existed, or swy's cartographer which is basically made with exporting maps in mind, then import it into your preferred 3D editor - be it 3DS Max, Maya, or Blender, and maybe even Wings3D, though I'm not so sure about it.
In any case, go to your preferred powerful 3D editing application, import your map, set the "distance", "tolerance", "threshold" or whatever similar value the software provides you with as a parameter to the weld operation, then select the vertices you need welded, then weld them all. Having selected the proper threshold mesn that your vertices will consider themselves available for welding, whereas if the distance between two vertices is more than the threshold, then they would not weld together.
Aside from that, there's also the "Target Weld" operation (or any similarly called ones) which can be used to fine-tune welding by allowing you to select a vertex (or a few), then manually weld it(/them) to another vertex where you consider it.
After you're done, export the map as .obj, import it back in the map editor. Finished!

I initially tried map editing in Wings after using Thorgrim's to paint the textures, and it created two vertexes for each single one. :???:

Anyway, I'll try to do that in Blender, and see if I can make it go any better. I finally was able to rotate the camera in Blender! :lol:

When I edit Tournament equipment, it does not change for the tournaments, but only for the Arena, (I think I am just being stupid and changing the wrong things, but I might aswell ask) In which files do I edit it?

I went to this scipt in Module_scripts.py:
Code:
script_set_items_for_tournament
Which Guided me here
Code:
mt_arena_melee_fight
(in here I changed the items, but it did not change the tournament equipment. (Only the Arena.

Lumos said:
The Dark Robin said:

Where can I find these values? (In Blender)

Then just follow the how to add a faction tutorial for the Kingdom of Danes, and then change the "give_center_to_faction" code in script_game_start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom