Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dark Robin said:
Either module.ini or thorgrim's map editor, depending on what you are talking about. Do you mean the camera borders? If so, then edit module.ini. If not, then look in thorgrim's. (just drag the vertexes at the edge of the map)

Can someone answer this:
The Dark Robin said:
I have two questions:
1) Is it possible to make a waterfall on the world map, including particle effects?
2) Is it possible to directly control the direction that individual rivers on the world map flow? I saw the river direction in module.ini, but is there a way to control individual rivers?

Thanks. :smile:

I meant the Camera border, thanks a lot by the way!  :smile:

The Dark Robin said:
Can someone answer this:
The Dark Robin said:
I have two questions:
1) Is it possible to make a waterfall on the world map, including particle effects?
2) Is it possible to directly control the direction that individual rivers on the world map flow? I saw the river direction in module.ini, but is there a way to control individual rivers?
Yes, but you'll have to mask the fact that it's not a real waterfall and merely a map icon with particle effects quite well. Given that you can also use vertex animations for the waterfall icon though, I reckon it's doable.
No.

Is it possible to give balanced swords for troops in module_troops.py?

It is possible in module_game_menus.py but I haven't seen any example in troops file or in tutorials.

Hi

How to make an animation for the player : sitting on the floor, and/or on a chair.  like in Arma if you know...or bethesda games for the chairs (ok in mission template/press ctrl+s) but wath is the codes &  technique for the animation please ?

Please share it if you have this  :smile:

edit:
Thank you Belendor and _Sebastian_ !
:neutral:

Never mind

Csatádi said:
Is it possible to give balanced swords for troops in module_troops.py?
You can alter the item modifier with this operation.
Code:
# (troop_set_inventory_slot_modifier, <troop_id>, <inventory_slot_no>, <imod_value>),
# Sets the modifier for the item in the troop's equipment or inventory slot. See imod_* constants in header_items.py for reference.
It wont work in module_troops ofc, you need to do it elsewhere e.g in module_scripts.
Loop through the troops inventory, check for the specific item and change its modifier.

FantasyWarrior said:
How to make an animation for the player : sitting on the floor, and/or on a chair.  like in Arma if you know...or bethesda games for the chairs (ok in mission template/press ctrl+s) but wath is the codes &  technique for the animation please ?
I assume you wanna avoid the ability to rotate the agent, right?
It's not possible as far as I know.
Well the only way I know of is to let the AI control the agent and set a fixed look-target position.
Code:
# (agent_set_look_target_position, <agent_id>, <position>),
# Forces the agent to look at specified position (turn his head as necessary). Alarmed agents will ignore this.

It was done before in Vanilla. I think, attaching the agent to chair prop, using rotation/movement by z to adjust the agent's position so animation won't look stupid. Then applying the sitting animation by the finalization of the code would do. But that is far from an exact result, just in theory.

Belendor said:
It was done before in Vanilla. I think, attaching the agent to chair prop, using rotation/movement by z to adjust the agent's position so animation won't look stupid. Then applying the sitting animation by the finalization of the code would do. But that is far from an exact result, just in theory.
You only can attach a prop to an agent, not vise versa.

_Sebastian_ said:
Belendor said:
You only can attach a prop to an agent, not vise versa.

Exactly. Attach the prop to agent, even less better.

Belendor said:
Exactly. Attach the prop to agent, even less better.
So in this case the agent wont rotate on the chair, but the chair with the agent...
looks horrible in both cases.
In fact, the only way to avoid the ability to rotate the agent is to control it by the AI as I mentioned in my previous post.
_Sebastian_ said:
FantasyWarrior said:
I assume you wanna avoid the ability to rotate the agent, right?
It's not possible as far as I know.
Well the only way I know of is to let the AI control the agent and set a fixed look-target position.
Code:
# (agent_set_look_target_position, <agent_id>, <position>),
# Forces the agent to look at specified position (turn his head as necessary). Alarmed agents will ignore this.

I really should know this, but what version of python is used to compile the module system? Reformatted recently and need to reinstall python

Something unusual said:
The Dark Robin said:
Not sure about party template id mismatches (I'm too lazy to look at the code. :razz: Check to see if the party templates ids in the simple trigger match up correctly though. Does it compile ok? :???:) but there's always the party_add_troop operation to add specific troops to the party. :smile:

Well the thing is I want them to be normal lords. It compiles fine with no errors but the thing I'm confused about is why it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't :???:
I solved the problem. Don't know how :razz: but I did it after fiddling a bit more with the simple trigger.

Now I have another question:
Is there a way to make the vassals "Force Gather"? By that I mean they MUST accompany the marshal no matter where they are.
Currently I have:
Code:
         (assign,":force_gather_faction","fac_player_supporters_faction"),   
         (store_current_hours, ":cur_hours"),
         (faction_set_slot, ":force_gather_faction", slot_faction_ai_state, sfai_gathering_army),
         (faction_set_slot, ":force_gather_faction", slot_faction_last_offensive_concluded, ":cur_hours"),
#         (faction_set_slot, ":force_gather_faction", slot_faction_ai_offensive_max_followers, 1),
         (faction_set_slot, ":force_gather_faction", slot_faction_ai_object, -1),
But I don't think that will make EVERY vassal gather.

Thanks in advance!

Code:
["springfield_scoped", "springfield_scoped", [("springfield_scoped",0)], itp_type_musket |itp_merchandise|itp_primary ,itcf_shoot_musket|itcf_reload_pistol,6500 , weight(4)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(30) | shoot_speed(255) | thrust_damage(140 ,pierce)|max_ammo(1)|accuracy(100)|difficulty(0),imodbits_crossbow,[itm_gun_effect()]],

I made the accuracy 100 but i wanna make it more accurate meaning making the aiming area smaller, is there anyway to do this?

for multiplayer.

Arthur_Pendragon said:
Code:
["springfield_scoped", "springfield_scoped", [("springfield_scoped",0)], itp_type_musket |itp_merchandise|itp_primary ,itcf_shoot_musket|itcf_reload_pistol,6500 , weight(4)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(30) | shoot_speed(255) | thrust_damage(140 ,pierce)|max_ammo(1)|accuracy(100)|difficulty(0),imodbits_crossbow,[itm_gun_effect()]],

I made the accuracy 100 but i wanna make it more accurate meaning making the aiming area smaller, is there anyway to do this?

for multiplayer.
You can try increasing the shot speed.

You could also up the firearms proficiency for the troop.

Is there any way at all (hard or easy) to get a ray cast from the mouse position on screen to the world--even just the terrain?

MadocComadrin said:
Is there any way at all (hard or easy) to get a ray cast from the mouse position on screen to the world--even just the terrain?
Can't really think of one that doesn't involve using WSE's
Code:
[color=navy](cast_ray)[/color]
, but I am pretty certain that there is a workaround. Can't really come up with what it would be right now though. :/

MadocComadrin said:
Did a quick search and found an old post, still trying to do this? Without scene props you might also consider add_missile (if you can get the vectors right) and catch it with ti_on_missile_hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom