Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, actually less than the old map.

Was mainly some vertex edits, to remove water tiles and add some tiles to the land masses for smoother pathfinding. Entire vertex count is smaller than the old map, which worked fine.

I don't crash on the edited map myself, but seems some people do.

I have a problem. My items Glow in the Dark, and are extremely bright. Thanks in advance.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwzYZKCa_NSzNTVSUmJaRk9jdUk/view

phantom96 said:
Thanks for your suggestions , but I see I will have to get better at coding , before I attend this matter  :smile: Thank you very much anyway!fil

Edit-- Which files would I need to edit? I have edited module parties in order to make ruined party with same coordinates... But I do not know how to disable a party when someone conquers it? And how to enable ruined one then?  :oops:

I have been trying ,but no avail... any help?  :sad:

phantom96 said:
phantom96 said:
Thanks for your suggestions , but I see I will have to get better at coding , before I attend this matter  :smile: Thank you very much anyway!fil

Edit-- Which files would I need to edit? I have edited module parties in order to make ruined party with same coordinates... But I do not know how to disable a party when someone conquers it? And how to enable ruined one then?  :oops:

I have been trying ,but no avail... any help?  :sad:

you can try with a script,that is called when you need it to become ruined

Code:
 ("destroy",[
	  (store_script_param_1, ":party_no"),
	  (party_set_flag, ":party_no", "pf_no_label", 1),
	  (try_begin),
			(party_slot_eq, ":party_no", slot_party_type, spt_village),
			(party_set_icon, ":party_no", <map_icon_id>),
	  (else_try),
			(party_slot_eq, ":party_no", slot_party_type, spt_town),
	  (else_try),
			(party_slot_eq, ":party_no", slot_party_type, spt_castle),
	  (try_end),
  ]),

make sure to replace the <map_icon_id> with the ruined icon(the first one is for ruined village,the second one is ruined town and the third is ruined castle)
you call the script with (call_script,"script_destroy",":party_id"),

hope it helps....

phantom96(THE PAST ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!) said:
Ok , how to do that for specific parties?
Code:
("destroy",[
	  (store_script_param_1, ":party_no"),
          (eq,":party_no",<your_specific_party>),
	  (party_set_flag, ":party_no", "pf_no_label", 1),
  ]),

The party flag shouldn't be in quotes though since it's a flag. Also do (disable_party) so the center is excluded from a (party_is_active) check, although most Native scripts don't care about that.

Somebody said:
The party flag shouldn't be in quotes though since it's a flag. Also do (disable_party) so the center is excluded from a (party_is_active) check, although most Native scripts don't care about that.

Ok , Somebody , how does the script "disable_party" look like , and when to call it?

This is similar to phantom96's question about making some places ruined when conquered, is it possible to give the player the ability to either loot and burn a town/castle or besiege it, and with besieging you will get the castle, but with looting you get loot?

Thanks in advance! :grin:

Also, I get weird red text when starting a new game- they say:
error in script_give_center_to_lord

error in script_create_kingdom_hero_party

(theres some stuff about OP code something or other but I thought this would be the important part of the errors)

I got these errors after making a new faction, but they don't seem to effect gameplay.

cwr said:
Also, I get weird red text when starting a new game- they say:
error in script_give_center_to_lord

error in script_create_kingdom_hero_party

(theres some stuff about OP code something or other but I thought this would be the important part of the errors)

I got these errors after making a new faction, but they don't seem to effect gameplay.
You've got too many lords and small amount of banners..

cwr said:
GoldEagleMNE said:
You've got too many lords and small amount of banners.
Thanks! :grin:

How do you assign a banner to a faction or lord?
Code:
		(troop_set_slot, "trp_knight_1_1", slot_troop_banner_scene_prop, "spr_banner_a"),
spr stands for scene prop..find banner's scene prop id and replace it..you know what trp_knight_1_1 is..Put this in game_start btw..Im not sure this will solve the problem..Adding more banners would..

GoldEagleMNE said:
Code:
		(troop_set_slot, "trp_knight_1_1", slot_troop_banner_scene_prop, "spr_banner_a"),
spr stands for scene prop..find banner's scene prop id and replace it..you know what trp_knight_1_1 is..Put this in game_start btw..Im not sure this will solve the problem..Adding more banners would..

Thanks!!! :grin:
What about for a faction? Would it be like this?
Code:
		(fac_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_7", slot_fac_banner_scene_prop, "spr_banner_a"),

Also, when I created a quest (I can post my code if you want)
I get these errors:
traceback (most recent call last):
  File "process_dialogs.py", line 6, in (module)
    from module_dialogs import *
  File "C:\src\module_dialogs.py, line 40952

^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
(never changed that line in module dialogs)

WARNING: Usage of unassigned global variable $random_thing_unrelated_to_my_quest
a lot of times,

traceback (most recent call last):
  File "process_dialogs.py", line 6, in (module)
    from module_dialogs import *
  File "C:\src\module_dialogs.py, line 40952

^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
(yes it says that twice)

WARNING: Global variable never used $random_thing_unrelated_to_my_quest
a bunch of times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom