Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day fellow modders, i've got a clue about Races, Skins and sounds

I'd like to implement sounds for the Magnaguard class in my Mod . I've already implemented sounds for the B1 - Battledroid class but, by doing it at the same way, they just don't work and the human sounds for the Magnaguard can be heard as if they were normal troops.
The sounds are already in the Sounds folder and in the ID file.

From module_sounds:

Code:
 ("magnaguard_die",sf_priority_10,  ["magnaguard_death1.mp3","magnaguard_death2.mp3","magnaguard_death3.mp3","magnaguard_death4.mp3"]),
 ("magnaguard_hit",sf_priority_7|sf_vol_10, ["magnaguard_hit_1.mp3","magnaguard_hit_2.mp3","magnaguard_hit_3.mp3","magnaguard_hit_4.mp3","magnaguard_hit_5.mp3"]),
 ("magnaguard_grunt",sf_priority_6|sf_vol_4, ["magnaguard_grunt1.mp3","magnaguard_grunt2.mp3","magnaguard_grunt3.mp3","magnaguard_grunt4.mp3"]),
 ("magnaguard_yell",sf_priority_6|sf_vol_10, ["magnaguard_yell1.ogg","magnaguard_yell2.ogg","magnaguard_yell3.ogg"]),
 ("magnaguard_victory",sf_priority_5|sf_vol_10, ["magnaguard_taunt3.mp3","magnaguard_victory.mp3"]),
 ("magnaguard_grunt_long",sf_priority_5|sf_vol_8, ["magnaguard_taunt1.mp3","magnaguard_taunt2.mp3","magnaguard_taunt3.mp3"]),
 ("magnaguard_victory",sf_priority_5|sf_vol_10, ["silence.mp3"]),
 ("magnaguard_stun",sf_priority_5|sf_vol_10, ["silence.mp3"]),

From module_troops

Code:
["magnaguard_multiplayer","IG-100 MagnaGuard","IG-100 Magnaguards",tf_magnaguard|tf_guarantee_all,0,0,fac_kingdom_2,
   [itm_electrostaff,itm_magnaguard_body],
   def_attrib_multiplayer|level(19),wpe(90,60,180,90),knows_common|knows_ironflesh_2|knows_athletics_5|knows_shield_5|knows_power_strike_2|knows_riding_1,swadian_face_young_1, swadian_face_old_2],

From module_skins

Code:
 (
    "magnaguard", 0,
    "nothing", "nothing", "nothing",
    "nothing", man_face_keys,
    [], #man_hair_meshes
    [], #beard meshes
    [], #hair textures
    [], #beard_materials
    [("manface_young_2",0xffcbe0e0,["hair_blonde"],[0xffffffff, 0xffb04717, 0xff502a19]),
     ("manface_midage",0xffdfefe1,["hair_blonde"],[0xffffffff, 0xffb04717, 0xff632e18, 0xff502a19, 0xff19100c]),
     ("manface_young",0xffd0e0e0,["hair_blonde"],[0xff83301a, 0xff502a19, 0xff19100c, 0xff0c0d19]),     
#     ("manface_old",0xffd0d0d0,["hair_white","hair_brunette","hair_red","hair_blonde"],[0xffffcded, 0xffbbcded, 0xff99eebb]),
     ("manface_young_3",0xffdceded,["hair_blonde"],[0xff2f180e, 0xff171313, 0xff007080c]),
     ("manface_7",0xffc0c8c8,["hair_blonde"],[0xff171313, 0xff007080c]),
     ("manface_midage_2",0xfde4c8d8,["hair_blonde"],[0xff502a19, 0xff19100c, 0xff0c0d19]),
     ("manface_rugged",0xffb0aab5,["hair_blonde"],[0xff171313, 0xff007080c]),
#     ("manface_young_4",0xffe0e8e8,["hair_blonde"],[0xff2f180e, 0xff171313, 0xff007080c]),
     ("manface_african",0xff807c8a,["hair_blonde"],[0xff120808, 0xff007080c]),     
#     ("manface_old_2",0xffd5d5c5,["hair_white"],[0xffffcded, 0xffbbcded, 0xff99eebb]),
     ], #man_face_textures,
     [(voice_die,"snd_magnaguard_die"),(voice_hit,"snd_magnaguard_hit"),(voice_grunt,"snd_magnaguard_grunt"),(voice_grunt_long,"snd_magnaguard_grunt_long"),(voice_yell,"snd_magnaguard_yell"),(voice_stun,"snd_magnaguard_stun"),(voice_victory,"nothing")],  #voice sounds
    "skel_human", 1.0,
    psys_sw_lightning_victim,psys_sw_lightning_b,
    []
  ),

From header_troops

Code:
#Troop flags
tf_male           = 0
tf_female         = 1
tf_droid          = 2
tf_magnaguard     = 3

So... What am i doing wrong? Why can't the sounds be heard?

Thanks in advance, DanyEle

Dusk Voyager said:
@ Amman: There's no such flag, but you can give melee weapons horseback-only capabilities (itcf flags) except parrying if you want to keep it simpler.

of course....  should have thought of that myself!  Thank you.

I've made a little reskin where horses are replaced by tank(ette)s and the tank gun is a weapon item, so the last thing I wanted was the tank driver (read, horse-rider) dismounting and walking around with that massive gun in his hands....

Dusk Voyager said:
@ Dany: Remove the second comma at the end of magnaguard_stun and the second to last one from magnaguard_grunt_long.

Code:
 ("magnaguard_die",sf_priority_10,  ["magnaguard_death1.mp3","magnaguard_death2.mp3","magnaguard_death3.mp3","magnaguard_death4.mp3"]),
 ("magnaguard_hit",sf_priority_7|sf_vol_10, ["magnaguard_hit_1.mp3","magnaguard_hit_2.mp3","magnaguard_hit_3.mp3","magnaguard_hit_4.mp3","magnaguard_hit_5.mp3"]),
 ("magnaguard_grunt",sf_priority_6|sf_vol_4, ["magnaguard_grunt1.mp3","magnaguard_grunt2.mp3","magnaguard_grunt3.mp3","magnaguard_grunt4.mp3"]),
 ("magnaguard_yell",sf_priority_6|sf_vol_10, ["magnaguard_yell1.ogg","magnaguard_yell2.ogg","magnaguard_yell3.ogg"]),
 ("magnaguard_victory",sf_priority_5|sf_vol_10, ["magnaguard_taunt3.mp3","magnaguard_victory.mp3"]),
 ("magnaguard_grunt_long",sf_priority_5|sf_vol_8, ["magnaguard_taunt1.mp3","magnaguard_taunt2.mp3","magnaguard_taunt3.mp3"]),

Corrected, but still doesn't work.

900 :grin:

What's the simpliest way to increase the number of town walkers in towns and villages?

Also, is it possible to add those to castles as well?

Dusk Voyager said:
@ DE: Some people in this thread said sometimes the mp3 format didn't work. Try converting them into ogg files.
@ AoJ: There's a thread asking this.
Thanks a lot mate, that's damn awesome solution for towns/villages!

But what about castles?

Dusk Voyager said:
@ DE: Some people in this thread said sometimes the mp3 format didn't work. Try converting them into ogg files.
@ AoJ: There's a thread asking this.

I had already tried and it didn't work. I've just tried again and still, it doesn't work...

So in the NWs DLC custom battle mode the AI don't do anything, it's broken, they just stand there at their spawn, they will defend if you attack but they wont go on the offensive. I want to know how to fix it, I'm fairly sure it's something to do with morale. Any ideas on how to make the AI charge in custom battle?

DanyEle said:
Good day fellow modders, i've got a clue about Races, Skins and sounds

I'd like to implement sounds for the Magnaguard class in my Mod . I've already implemented sounds for the B1 - Battledroid class but, by doing it at the same way, they just don't work and the human sounds for the Magnaguard can be heard as if they were normal troops.
The sounds are already in the Sounds folder and in the ID file.

From module_sounds:

Code:

From module_troops

Code:
["magnaguard_multiplayer","IG-100 MagnaGuard","IG-100 Magnaguards",tf_magnaguard|tf_guarantee_all,0,0,fac_kingdom_2,
   [itm_electrostaff,itm_magnaguard_body],
   def_attrib_multiplayer|level(19),wpe(90,60,180,90),knows_common|knows_ironflesh_2|knows_athletics_5|knows_shield_5|knows_power_strike_2|knows_riding_1,swadian_face_young_1, swadian_face_old_2],

From module_skins

Code:
 (
    "magnaguard", 0,
    "nothing", "nothing", "nothing",
    "nothing", man_face_keys,
    [], #man_hair_meshes
    [], #beard meshes
    [], #hair textures
    [], #beard_materials
    [("manface_young_2",0xffcbe0e0,["hair_blonde"],[0xffffffff, 0xffb04717, 0xff502a19]),
     ("manface_midage",0xffdfefe1,["hair_blonde"],[0xffffffff, 0xffb04717, 0xff632e18, 0xff502a19, 0xff19100c]),
     ("manface_young",0xffd0e0e0,["hair_blonde"],[0xff83301a, 0xff502a19, 0xff19100c, 0xff0c0d19]),     
#     ("manface_old",0xffd0d0d0,["hair_white","hair_brunette","hair_red","hair_blonde"],[0xffffcded, 0xffbbcded, 0xff99eebb]),
     ("manface_young_3",0xffdceded,["hair_blonde"],[0xff2f180e, 0xff171313, 0xff007080c]),
     ("manface_7",0xffc0c8c8,["hair_blonde"],[0xff171313, 0xff007080c]),
     ("manface_midage_2",0xfde4c8d8,["hair_blonde"],[0xff502a19, 0xff19100c, 0xff0c0d19]),
     ("manface_rugged",0xffb0aab5,["hair_blonde"],[0xff171313, 0xff007080c]),
#     ("manface_young_4",0xffe0e8e8,["hair_blonde"],[0xff2f180e, 0xff171313, 0xff007080c]),
     ("manface_african",0xff807c8a,["hair_blonde"],[0xff120808, 0xff007080c]),     
#     ("manface_old_2",0xffd5d5c5,["hair_white"],[0xffffcded, 0xffbbcded, 0xff99eebb]),
     ], #man_face_textures,
     [(voice_die,"snd_magnaguard_die"),(voice_hit,"snd_magnaguard_hit"),(voice_grunt,"snd_magnaguard_grunt"),(voice_grunt_long,"snd_magnaguard_grunt_long"),(voice_yell,"snd_magnaguard_yell"),(voice_stun,"snd_magnaguard_stun"),(voice_victory,"nothing")],  #voice sounds
    "skel_human", 1.0,
    psys_sw_lightning_victim,psys_sw_lightning_b,
    []
  ),

From header_troops

Code:
#Troop flags
tf_male           = 0
tf_female         = 1
tf_droid          = 2
tf_magnaguard     = 3

So... What am i doing wrong? Why can't the sounds be heard?

Thanks in advance, DanyEle

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Hello, I am currently creating a map and I am at a loss on how to create a cave like system, I have witnessed this on a GK siege. Does anyone know how to create a cave in edit mode? The way the map editor works makes it near impossible to create it.

Some questions here! Thanks in advance :grin:

1. Is it possible to place several kinds of troops in one tier? I have two tier-5 units in a faction, and I want villages to give each of them randomly.

2. If I want to lower the number of tiers in general - would it be enough to just delete entries in module_scripts? Or should I also delete entries in module_constants?

3. How can I make companions to clash "one-on-one", not whining around about two other NPCs at once? This trick with Dranton or another minor character who cannot be recruited? And what if I just delete the second "personalityclash" entry?

4. Disable NPC's Complaints in module_scripts works only for dislikes? What about emissaries and "likes"?

Hello, I am making a mod and have run into an error while loading the build_module.bat. I have changed the module_info.py to my path and I'm still at loss. Here is the error.
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "process_init.py", line 1, in <module>
    from module_info import *
  File "C:\Users\Sharp\Desktop\Modding Tools\mb_warband_module_system_1153\Modul
e_system 1.153\module_info.py", line 5
    export_dir = "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/MountBlade Warba
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
SyntaxError: EOL while scanning string literal
  File "process_global_variables.py", line 4, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
  File "process_strings.py", line 3, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
  File "process_skills.py", line 3, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
  File "process_music.py", line 3, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
  File "process_animations.py", line 3, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
  File "process_meshes.py", line 3, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
  File "process_sounds.py", line 2, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
  File "process_skins.py", line 3, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
  File "process_map_icons.py", line 2, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
  File "process_factions.py", line 1, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
Exporting item data...
  File "process_items.py", line 63, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
  File "process_scenes.py", line 1, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
  File "process_troops.py", line 3, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
  File "process_particle_sys.py", line 1, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
  File "process_scene_props.py", line 3, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
  File "process_tableau_materials.py", line 4, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
  File "process_presentations.py", line 3, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
  File "process_party_tmps.py", line 1, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
  File "process_parties.py", line 3, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
  File "process_quests.py", line 3, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
  File "process_info_pages.py", line 3, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
  File "process_scripts.py", line 3, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
  File "process_mission_tmps.py", line 4, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
  File "process_game_menus.py", line 4, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
  File "process_simple_triggers.py", line 1, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
  File "process_dialogs.py", line 4, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
  File "process_global_variables_unused.py", line 1, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^
  File "process_postfx.py", line 2, in <module>
nd/Modules/AOE/''

^

Script processing has ended.
Press any key to exit. . .

What's the safest way to remove all the pretenders from the mod completely? Except for commenting every single line and script mentioning them.

Code:
#(try_for_range, ":pretender", pretenders_begin, pretenders_end),
      #  (neq, ":pretender", "$supported_pretender"),
       # (troop_slot_eq, ":pretender", slot_troop_cur_center, ":center_no"),
        #(party_add_members, ":party_no_to_collect_heroes", ":pretender", 1),
     #(try_end),

I did this, but if I comment them in module_troops I get numerous errors that they can't be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom