Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gambino said:
heres a horse item code :

Code:
["arabhorse1", "Arabian Horse", [("arabian_horse_grey",0)], itp_type_horse, 0,
  700,abundance(35)|hit_points(130)|body_armor(11)|difficulty(5)|horse_speed(46)|horse_maneuver(47)|horse_charge(26),imodbits_horse_basic],

Can someone tell me where is the "horse scale" ? In Morgh's item editor, theres "Horse Scale" where you can rescale a horse. Where is it here? Is it hardcoded?

Thanks.
I'm not sure if MnB 1.011 support horse scale or not, but WB does.
module_items.py said:
["arabian_horse_b","Sarranid Horse", [("arabian_horse_b",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_horse, 0, 700,abundance(80)|hit_points(120)|body_armor(10)|difficulty(3)|horse_speed(43)|horse_maneuver(54)|horse_charge(16)|horse_scale(100),imodbits_horse_basic|imodbit_champion, [], [fac_kingdom_6]],

I have been following the modding tutorial and so far its been going well but after messing around with the map icons i now get this error when building the module
"Process_map_icons.py". line 38,in (module) save_map_icons(variables,variable_uses,tag_uses,quick_strings)                    "Process_map_icons.py",line 19, in save_map_icons ofile.write ("%s %d %s %f %d 0 0 0 "(map icon [0],map_icon[1],map_icon[2],map_icon[4])) TyeError: Float arugment required, not str

Any ideas?

Sure thing
("town",mcn_no_shadow,"City", 0.35,0),
  ("new_icon",0,mcn_no_shadow,"City", 5.0,snd_footstep_grass),
I also looked at line 19 and there was nothing there and line 38 only has this
("town_steppe",mcn_no_shadow,"map_town_steppe_a", 0.35,0),

SnRolls said:
Is there a way to make a troop for each player.
so each player have its own troop?
After 5 minutes of searching...

It's not really a step by step instruction, but I guess it would help you.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,6575.msg5403722.html#msg5403722

Belendor said:
Just askin', can i have a clue on server side codding? Is it just an "enhanced" modded Native that is replaced with the one in the server?
You could separate it if needed but in most cases it's just extra work, maintaining both versions. The way TW does it is putting it all together like so:

Code:
(try_begin),
  (multiplayer_is_dedicated_server),
  # server code
(else_try),
  # client code
(try_end),

See [font=consolas,courier]script_game_receive_network_message[/font]. Search for the strings "SERVER EVENTS" and "CLIENT EVENTS"

Just out of curiosity, what are the ramifications of giving every member of an army some form of tableau armor? Pretty big performance hit or what? Would it be better to make multiple copies of the same texture with color variations and give each lord different troops? Vertex color for each different lord?

Mandible said:
Just out of curiosity, what are the ramifications of giving every member of an army some form of tableau armor? Pretty big performance hit or what? Would it be better to make multiple copies of the same texture with color variations and give each lord different troops? Vertex color for each different lord?

I think it's depended on the battle size too. I gave all regular troops from all kingdom heraldic armors, but I never use battle size more than 150. I don't like crowded battle.

shokkueibu said:
Belendor said:
Just askin', can i have a clue on server side codding? Is it just an "enhanced" modded Native that is replaced with the one in the server?
You could separate it if needed but in most cases it's just extra work, maintaining both versions. The way TW does it is putting it all together like so:

Code:
(try_begin),
  (multiplayer_is_dedicated_server),
  # server code
(else_try),
  # client code
(try_end),

See [font=consolas,courier]script_game_receive_network_message[/font]. Search for the strings "SERVER EVENTS" and "CLIENT EVENTS"

But, how the game identifies my work? Let's say I wrote a M.trigger with the method you quoted, added into my MS, then do I replace that compiled Native with the one in the Server?

Yes. It is going to be Native-Compatible. I guess, I will run some tests, thanks.

OK I have searched everywhere for this problem, but no results...  :???:

The problem occurs when python exports the dialogs.py and yes I have modded some stuff there, but I can't seem to find the problem in the dialogs.py...

Well heres the problem :
Initializing...
Compiling all global variables...
Exporting strings...
Exporting skills...
Exporting tracks...
Exporting animations...
Exporting meshes...
Exporting sounds...
Exporting skins...
Exporting map icons...
Creating new tag_uses.txt file...
Creating new quick_strings.txt file...
Exporting faction data...
Exporting item data...
Exporting scene data...
Exporting troops data
Exporting particle data...
Exporting scene props...
Exporting tableau materials data...
Exporting presentations...
Exporting party_template data...
Exporting parties
Exporting quest data...
Exporting info_page data...
Exporting scripts...
Exporting mission_template data...
Exporting game menus data...
exporting simple triggers...
exporting triggers...
exporting dialogs...
Error: Unable to find object:trp_end
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:trp_end
Checking global variable usages...
Exporting postfx_params...

Script processing has ended.
Press any key to exit. . .

It's not too big of a deal (well thats what I think) but I think my game crashes because of it...

Prefix trp_ is used for troops.

There's a troop "trp_end" mentioned somewhere in your module_dialogs.

And the compiler can't find it because it's not declared in module_troops.

Error message is pretty self-explanatory here.

And please use the Q&A thread for questions, it's stickied for exactly that purpose.

Lav said:
Prefix trp_ is used for troops.

There's a troop "trp_end" mentioned somewhere in your module_dialogs.

And the compiler can't find it because it's not declared in module_troops.

Error message is pretty self-explanatory here.

And please use the Q&A thread for questions, it's stickied for exactly that purpose.
Nope, searched the whole module_dialogs and no trp_end was there to be found...

Umm I found the problem and fixed it  :oops:

Sorry and Thanks for answering my topic...

The stupid problem was that I didn't have a "end" troop in module_troops...

Silly me, must of overwritten it with some other troops  :oops:.

Sorry to bother you and have a nice day!

Btw should I lock this topic?

Hey guys, been a while since I had time for the goodness that is M'n'B.

Anyhow, I've started a game and have been playing for a good 800 in-game days, but I want to check if I can change the name of certain NPCs without starting a new game.

I'm using "A Clash of Kings 0.4" mod if that changes anything (but I don't think it does?).

There are a couple of threads for this, but they don't mention a way to get it to work with an existing game - I can get it done for new games relatively easily.

Any way to go about it? Anything's fair game, .txt editing, even hacking away at the savegame with a Hex editor if need be.

Cheers,

Mek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom