Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brodan1 said:
Yeah i added it to the Nord recruit as a test, they did have it -.-

I've got to add the firearm skill, and bullets?? don't i?

I wonder which wp is needed for firearms/muskets. I added some rifles to Warband and set wp_crossbow of all troops as 100. However in game I fire like a blind.

Gergin Adam said:
Brodan1 said:
Yeah i added it to the Nord recruit as a test, they did have it -.-

I've got to add the firearm skill, and bullets?? don't i?

I wonder which wp is needed for firearms/muskets. I added some rifles to Warband and set wp_crossbow of all troops as 100. However in game I fire like a blind.

It's depend on how your module define the weapon type of the muskets. Some module define them as itp_type_crossbow, so you will need wp_crossbow. Some define them as itp_type_musket, then you will need wp_firearm.
Go to your module.ini and set
display_wp_firearms = 1

Q: Does anyone know a good site where I can get good textures? (esp. metal)

Googled ones are mostly bad and I'm too noob to make my own ones.

ilovemyhedgehog said:
Somebody said: Make sure the sound is mono, 44100 khz, 16-bit PCM.

I ask: Where can I check if they are or not?
I was asking why the sounds i added to my new race do not work. I do not understand how to find out if my sounds are like what somebody said?

ilovemyhedgehog said:
ilovemyhedgehog said:

I was asking why the sounds i added to my new race do not work. I do understand how to find out if my sounds are like what somebody said?

Play the file with Winamp. Right Click on main windows, and select view file info.

dunde said:
ilovemyhedgehog said:
ilovemyhedgehog said:

I was asking why the sounds i added to my new race do not work. I do not understand how to find out if my sounds are like what somebody said?

Play the file with Winamp. Right Click on main windows, and select view file info.
They all say 11 khz 0 mono. How would i find sounds that will work on Warband :?:

Not saying anything about the overall quality in the end but with a soundeditor you should be able to convert sounds into an appropriate format.

I don't any good sources for sounds.  :neutral:

ilovemyhedgehog said:
dunde said:
ilovemyhedgehog said:
ilovemyhedgehog said:

They all say 11 khz 0 mono. How would i find sounds that will work on Warband :?:

Use something like Audacity. Import, choose appropriate settings, export as ogg,.

I want certain parties temporary stop doing their AI and movements on the world map. How can I make them so? I tried disable_party but it's seems that it will produce errors if the parties lead by a kingdom hero.

Has any modder used or tested the feature of including a custom shader file in the module directory so warband compiles it when starting, as specified in this bug report? For me on two different systems (one running linux and the other running windows 7, both using warband 1.143) it simply returns a RGL error: "Unable to compile the effect file.", with no extra information in rgl_log.txt; this happens with the official warband shader file (mb.fx) and with my slightly tweaked version, even though both compile correctly with the fxc.exe included in the package, and work correctly when the resulting mb_2a.fxo and mb_2b.fxo files are copied to the base warband directory. I have also tried copying the .fxo files to the module directory (as the same names and also as mb.fxo), which would be even more convenient if it worked, but it doesn't seem to.

I would have sent a PM to Serdar as requested in this report, but according to his profile he hasn't logged in here for over a month.

Somebody said:
Mammoet said:
I was thinking of changing the speed at which you can get in blocking position for polearms, or increase the time between different blocks. However there are several animations that have to do with parry/defend. I've no idea what does what, I've tried modifying some times of the animation, but it didn't seem to make a whole lot of difference.
Change defend_duration to any number for defend_dir_staff. *_keep should be when you hold it down (it's cyclic), while the *_parry_1/2/3 are blended in when an attack is actually blocked. On the other hand, amf_use_defend_speed might override the duration.

I tried changing the defend_duration on defend_dir_staff, also tried changing the animation, but I can just not make it show up in game. It always goes straight to defend_dir_staff_keep. Even if I increase the priority of the non-keep one and all (also took away amf_use_defend_speed; doesn't help.). So sadly I don't think it is possible to change it. Only thing that works in terms of changing the duration is the animations ..._parry_1/2/3.

Vornne said:
Has any modder used or tested the feature of including a custom shader file in the module directory so warband compiles it when starting, as specified in this bug report? For me on two different systems (one running linux and the other running windows 7, both using warband 1.143) it simply returns a RGL error: "Unable to compile the effect file.", with no extra information in rgl_log.txt; this happens with the official warband shader file (mb.fx) and with my slightly tweaked version, even though both compile correctly with the fxc.exe included in the package, and work correctly when the resulting mb_2a.fxo and mb_2b.fxo files are copied to the base warband directory. I have also tried copying the .fxo files to the module directory (as the same names and also as mb.fxo), which would be even more convenient if it worked, but it doesn't seem to.

Try making a sample C/C++ program and calling D3DXCreateEffectFromFile with D3DXFX_NOT_CLONEABLE flag. That's what the game uses, maybe it will fail and you can check the error code.

Caba`drin said:
Brodan1 said:
Do textures gotta be in DDS?
Yes, I believe so. Allows for mip maps and that fun stuff.

They can be created with free software, so it isn't much of a restriction.
Actually, textures can be in JPG or TGA as well, though they waste a ton of memory due to the lack of mipmaps

cmpxchg8b said:
Try making a sample C/C++ program and calling D3DXCreateEffectFromFile with D3DXFX_NOT_CLONEABLE flag. That's what the game uses, maybe it will fail and you can check the error code.
After messing around with example code and winegcc, that function returns successfully with both the original mb.fx, my tweaked one, and the fx file from from the example; I can't test with a windows computer at the moment, but should be able to some time. The example just shows a black window, but I added a message box to show if the call was successful, and it was returning D3DERR_INVALIDCALL with earlier less complete versions of the example.

Would somebody else mind just copying mb.fx from the official warband shader package to a module directory and then starting that mod, to see if they get the same "Unable to compile the effect file" error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom