Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gulard said:
Can somebody tell me what exactly mean "active" agent (Specifically in operation agent_is_active)?
It succeeds only if the parameter you give it is a valid agent id. You should call it to validate an agent id before calling any other agent operation on it (the example above is incorrect, agent_is_active should be called before agent_is_alive).

What's something that i can model that's easy and will increase my modelling skills? :smile:
I picture would be great too :smile:

cmpxchg8b said:
It succeeds only if the parameter you give it is a valid agent id. You should call it to validate an agent id before calling any other agent operation on it (the example above is incorrect, agent_is_active should be called before agent_is_alive).
O, i see, it needs to prevent the errors with "invalid agent ID". It would be very useful for my triggers :mrgreen:

Thanks for answer!!

as far as I know, set_fixed_point_multiplier is used in presentations, normally as (set_fixed_point_multiplier, 1000), so that the top-right corner is (1000,1000), and the bottom (0,0).  those are positions (x,y)

Ikaguia said:
so that the top-right corner is (1000,1000), and the bottom (0,0).  those are positions (x,y)
Not quite: right top would be (1000,750): M&B seems to use the 4:3 aspect ratio as the standard. The set_fixed_point_multiplier operation is used before other operations that deal with "fixed point" values, which are a way of dealing with decimal numbers in the module system which can only use integers directly. For example:
Code:
(set_fixed_point_multiplier, 100),
(store_sin, reg10, 4500),
(display_message, "@result: {reg10}"),
This would display 85, as sin(45) = 0.85, and store_sin deals with fixed point values, which means that they are integers multiplied by the multiplier, 100 in this case. If it was 10 the number to pass for 45 degrees would be 450 and the result would be 8 or 9, and if it were 10000 they would be 450000 and 8509.

Infuriating.

Possible to add Scandinavian characters to a profile name such as /æ ð í/ ? Native Icelanders, Swedes and so on, so forth, can add them in with their keyboard as per normal typing but alas, if one is from the UK, it is much more the difficult. Hex-editing I suppose?

Alt-codes?
Æ ALT+0198 (Capital ash)
æ ALT+0230 (Lowercase ash)
Å ALT+0197 (Capital A ring)
å ALT+0229 (Lowercase A ring)
Ä ALT+0196 (Capital A umlaut)
ä ALT+0228 (Lowercase A umlaut)
Ø ALT+0216 (Capital O slash)
ø ALT+0248 (Lowercase O slash)
Ö ALT+0214 (Capital O umlaut)
ö ALT+0246 (Lowercase o slash)
« ALT+0171 (Left Angle Quote)
» ALT+0187 (Right Angle Quote)
€ ALT+0128

MadocComadrin said:
Open profiles.dat in notepad++ and type/paste them in.

Nei. Warband refuses to recognise the characters.

As an example, if I try to use the name Eiríkur, Warband displays it as Eirr. The /í/ character screws over the next two characters and removes them. I had this problem with troop names until UTF-8 encoding was used on the .py files. Unfortunately, Warband refused to load up if profiles.dat was saved with this encoding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom