Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vornne said:
Ikaguia said:
so that the top-right corner is (1000,1000), and the bottom (0,0).  those are positions (x,y)
Not quite: right top would be (1000,750): M&B seems to use the 4:3 aspect ratio as the standard. The set_fixed_point_multiplier operation is used before other operations that deal with "fixed point" values, which are a way of dealing with decimal numbers in the module system which can only use integers directly. For example:
Code:
(set_fixed_point_multiplier, 100),
(store_sin, reg10, 4500),
(display_message, "@result: {reg10}"),
This would display 85, as sin(45) = 0.85, and store_sin deals with fixed point values, which means that they are integers multiplied by the multiplier, 100 in this case. If it was 10 the number to pass for 45 degrees would be 450 and the result would be 8 or 9, and if it were 10000 they would be 450000 and 8509.
Ah thanks a lot. I thought I also encountered it in module_scripts or module_mission_templates once, which made me wonder what it did.

What could be the problem with the gaming stopping to work when trying to download a map? Every time, the game just keeps loading and doing nothing, for everyone who has to load. The upload limit from the server is set high enough, and it happens regardless of which map the people try to download. In native and on a self hosted server we don't havve the problem, regardless if we use our mod (signature) or native. I hope you can help me here, we can't figure it out.

Eiríkr Rauði said:
MadocComadrin said:
Open profiles.dat in notepad++ and type/paste them in.

Nei. Warband refuses to recognise the characters.

As an example, if I try to use the name Eiríkur, Warband displays it as Eirr. The /í/ character screws over the next two characters and removes them. I had this problem with troop names until UTF-8 encoding was used on the .py files. Unfortunately, Warband refused to load up if profiles.dat was saved with this encoding.

:???: You might have to hex edit them in using an ANSI character table, such as this one: http://www.alanwood.net/demos/ansi.html

Somebody said:
In script_create_kingdom_hero_party use str_store_troop_name (look at the commented out usage for when a lord first spawns).

problem with that is it'll announce every single lord, i just want it to announce 6 lords only (for my mod Claimant Rebellion)

ok i found a script thats perfect (i think)

Code:
(24,
	[
		(store_current_day, ":cur_day"),
		(store_random_in_range, ":village_no", "p_village_16", "P_village_67"),
		(eq, ":cur_day", 365),
			#CHEAT TEST REMOVE ME
		##	(call_script, "script_change_troop_renown", "trp_player", 20000),
		##	(try_for_range, ":troop_new", "trp_ief_velites", "trp_ief_deserter"),
		##	(party_add_members, "p_main_party", ":troop_new", 10),
		##	(try_end),
			#CHEAT TEST REMOVE ME
			(call_script, "script_create_kingdom_hero_party", "trp_kingdom_6_lord", ":village_no"),
			(troop_set_slot, "trp_kingdom_6_lord", slot_troop_wealth, 100000),
			(call_script, "script_diplomacy_start_war_between_kingdoms", "fac_kingdom_6", "fac_kingdom_1", 1),
			(call_script, "script_diplomacy_start_war_between_kingdoms", "fac_kingdom_6", "fac_kingdom_2", 1),
			(call_script, "script_diplomacy_start_war_between_kingdoms", "fac_kingdom_6", "fac_kingdom_3", 1),
			(call_script, "script_diplomacy_start_war_between_kingdoms", "fac_kingdom_6", "fac_kingdom_4", 1),
			(call_script, "script_diplomacy_start_war_between_kingdoms", "fac_kingdom_6", "fac_kingdom_5", 1),
				(try_for_range, ":troop_no", "trp_knight_6_01", "trp_knight_6_80"),
					(troop_slot_eq, ":troop_no", slot_troop_occupation, slto_kingdom_hero),
					#(troop_slot_eq, ":troop_no", slot_troop_is_prisoner, 0),
					(neg|troop_slot_ge, ":troop_no", slot_troop_prisoner_of_party, 0),
					(neg|troop_slot_ge, ":troop_no", slot_troop_leaded_party, 1),
					(call_script, "script_create_kingdom_hero_party", ":troop_no", ":village_no"),
					(troop_set_slot, ":troop_no", slot_troop_wealth, 40000),
				(try_end),
				]),

the only thing confusing me about this is
Code:
what in the world is that suppose to do? spawn the invasion by those villages?

Lily-Livered River Pirate said:
I've noticed characters don't move as fast when indoors -- is this automatic? A trigger? I'd be very interested in knowing how to achieve this.
Somebody said:
It's achieved via agent_set_speed_limit in module_mission_templates.

This doesn't work for me. Only for AI troops. Not on player characters. I'm sure it can be done as I've seen it in Vikingr. It is for multiplayer by the way.

Alakeram said:
Code:
This will select a random village between village 16 and 67 and spawns the new kingdom parties around that village.

Zerilius said:
Alakeram said:
Code:
This will select a random village between village 16 and 67 and spawns the new kingdom parties around that village.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
How do I set my own banner to a specific lord?And can it be made that many lords have the same banner?
Yes, it can. Lords are given banners in the script game_start, under the headings
# Assign banners and renown.
# We assume there are enough banners for all kingdom heroes.

with the simple command (troop_set_slot, ":kingdom_hero", slot_troop_banner_scene_prop, ":banner_id"),
later, the index in that slot is used to set the party banners
        (gt, ":cur_banner", 0),
        (val_sub, ":cur_banner", banner_scene_props_begin),
        (val_add, ":cur_banner", banner_map_icons_begin),
        (party_set_banner_icon, "$pout_party", ":cur_banner"),

where do i find the check for relation between lord and thier liege? was going to use that code to do a check between liege and lord when the claimant spawns to give them a chance to defect to claimant to assist in the rebellion

Alakeram said:
where do i find the check for relation between lord and thier liege? was going to use that code to do a check between liege and lord when the claimant spawns to give them a chance to defect to claimant to assist in the rebellion
(call_script, "script_troop_get_relation_with_troop", ":potential_target", ":faction_liege"),

Hello there Warband modding community I have a couple of Questions that i need a bit of help with, I've searched for both of them for around an hour or so today and couldn't find any answers so here we go:

1. Regiment select screens

I know my good friend and great supporter mr.master (WEe) has asked this before but i didn't find alot of help in that thread. I'm sure your all very familiar with MM Russia regiment selection, but i'm only aiming for a basic layout, I brainstormed for most of yesterday and tried to do it but i have had no luck, here's a basic copy of what i thpught could be done:

Troop Type = Regiment (eg. used in Native [archers] etc. also used for troop limits) - Completed
>>>>Troop Name - Need to create unit's eg 45th_private, 45th_corporal, 45th_engineer_corporal etc.
>>>>Call presentation - Copy Faction select screen, make bigger and make it use regiment select info
>>>>Select
>>>>GUI Comes up wih description of unit and honours recieved - Research and use like Tool tip
>>>>Click Unit type and it comes up with name 'Machinegunner [5/7]' like Darkest hour - Use Agent finder and trp_ checker
>>>>On leaderboard theres an added cell with icons of class - Use Agent finder and trp_ checker

2. Animations on Items

Being a developer of a WW1 mod naturally i've been looking at bolt action animations for the player etc. but then i thought it would be great if we could actually get the gun to bolt back, my idea for this was create a new skeleton, of the bolt part of the gun, and animation then have it trigger every time you shoot, has this ever been tried before or is it proven that i can't be done because of the hard code?

Wolf.

I've noticed on the overview map that different war parties are on specific colored horses, i.e: lords are on black ones, deserters are on brown, steppe bandits are on white, etc.
My horse on the overview map is always brown, how can i change it?

nirkoj said:
I've noticed on the overview map that different war parties are on specific colored horses, i.e: lords are on black ones, deserters are on brown, steppe bandits are on white, etc.

If you click on the .TXT Tweak link in my sig, you'll see an entry for "Change the Player's Party Map Icon to others Natively Available", which is what you're looking for.

Caba`drin said:
nirkoj said:

If you click on the .TXT Tweak link in my sig, you'll see an entry for "Change the Player's Party Map Icon to others Natively Available", which is what you're looking for.

Worked like a charm, thanks a lot!

Hey, how do I add new items to the multiplayer "store"?
Do I just add it to the troops, or do I have to mess with scripts/templates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom