Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patta said:
Ingame, i get an error called "unrecognized opcode", what is this? What does the game want to tell me with this?
That the opcode you feed it is not the right one.
Besides, there is something else in that error text besides "unrecognized opcode" string. Don't be shy, post error text in full

Yes, there is a number behind that, and something with a mission template trigger, the position of the error. I already figured that out, but because i don't really know what opcode means, i could not help myself :wink: It works fine, but i always get these errors.

edit: refers to this i think:
Code:
					(neq|le, ":team_1_living_players", 2),
Did not find a better solution, there is no "higher then" or is it?

Patta said:
Yes, there is a number behind that, and something with a mission template trigger, the position of the error. I already figured that out, but because i don't really know what opcode means, i could not help myself :wink: It works fine, but i always get these errors.

Code:

Try:
Code:
(gt, ":team_1_living_players", 2),

Also, the error you got was due to a typo. You put neq, it should be neg.

ok, thx.

edit: seems like i start doing what many younger people in germany are already doing... putting a "q" instead of a "g"... Something i hate, normally...

MadocComadrin said:
Patta said:

Code:

Try:
Code:

Also, the error you got was due to a typo. You put neq, it should be neg.

It should be :
Code:

For
le = neg | gt
neg = 0x80000000
gt = 32

so,
neg | le = neg | neg | gt = neg | gt = le

Is it possible to use the tableau system to call different textures for the same mesh?  So that for example a byrnie would use a different 'fur' on it's cape depending on the banner of the owner? I don't mean just a different colour. :razz: (And I also don't mean that the banner itself would be  fur-patterned.)

FrisianDude said:
Is it possible to use the tableau system to call different textures for the same mesh?  So that for example a byrnie would use a different 'fur' on it's cape depending on the banner of the owner?
Sure it's possible. Tableau material can use arbitrary tableau meshes, with different textures

I would like to make a Scene Prop that, on use, respawns all dead Players in the same team as the user. And it shall be somewhere close to the player using the scene prop. How can i best realize that?

And I have a quick question but it's a very mysterious quick question:

In #multiplayer scene names, in module_strings.py, there are 22 scenes, but only 18 in sceneobj folder and module_scenes / module_strings.py.

Maps like "The Arena" (scn_multi_scene_17.sco) and "Forest Hideout" (scn_multi_scene_18.sco) are referenced in strings as multi_scene_21 and 22 respectively, but they get their name displayed right ingame.

Is this some kind of hardcoded thing?

Sir Lacy said:
Is this some kind of hardcoded thing?
No, if you look closely, the last 4 maps are randomized and require no SceneObj files. The strings are also in the same order as the scenes, so everything is working as expected.
Patta said:
I would like to make a Scene Prop that, on use, respawns all dead Players in the same team as the user. And it shall be somewhere close to the player using the scene prop. How can i best realize that?
Code:
(store_trigger_param_1, ":agent"),
(store_trigger_param_2, ":prop"),

#or however it is you set spawn position in multiplayer
(prop_instance_get_position, pos0, ":prop"),
(entry_point_set_position, 65, pos0),
(agent_get_team, ":team", ":agent"),

(get_max_players, ":num_players"),                               
(try_for_range, ":player_no", 0, ":num_players"),
  (neg|player_is_active, ":player_no"),
  (player_get_team_no, ":team_no", ":player_no"),
  (eq, ":team_no", ":team"),
  #stagger spawning position or something
  (player_spawn_new_agent, ":player_no", 65),
(try_end),

Got a little question here:

Would it be possible to add a simple trigger to make sure that a lord and his liege will always be on good terms?
I think it should be easy to do but I'm not sure what operation to use. Thanks :grin:

There is already one that degrades vassal-liege relations.
Code:
    #Individual lord political calculations
    #Check for lords without fiefs, auto-defections, etc
    (0.5,	
     [
(call_script, "script_troop_get_relation_with_troop", ":troop_no", ":faction_leader"),
(le, reg0, -75),
If you simply want to prevent them from defecting, change -75 to -300 or something or modify script_cf_troop_can_intrigue which gets checked afterwards. Otherwise, you can use (call_script, "script_troop_change_relation_with_troop", ":troop_no", ":faction_leader", value), before the relationship check.

FrisianDude said:
Is it possible to use the tableau system to call different textures for the same mesh?  So that for example a byrnie would use a different 'fur' on it's cape depending on the banner of the owner? I don't mean just a different colour. :razz: (And I also don't mean that the banner itself would be  fur-patterned.)
If you make a banner dds, which has upto 21 different slides, and replace with 21 different fur slides (patterns, textures) your tableau mesh will have upto 21 different byrnie, I used this method to good use, in the heraldry of the Bretonnian knights,with the help of GKH

Sorry for asking, but slides? As in layers or what do you mean? :eek:

GetAssista said:
FrisianDude said:
Is it possible to use the tableau system to call different textures for the same mesh?  So that for example a byrnie would use a different 'fur' on it's cape depending on the banner of the owner?
Sure it's possible. Tableau material can use arbitrary tableau meshes, with different textures
Ahah, very interesting. Thanks both for the answers. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom