Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to make nights in the game much darker (to the point you can barely see anything) via editing postfx parameters? I don't know anything about the shader stuff so I'm wondering about this (I also know it's possible to change the lighting on the scene just by editing skyboxes and their parameters but have no idea how).

If so - which parameters need to be changed to make nights darker?

("night",          0, 0,[128.0000, 1.0000, 1.2549, 10.0000], [0.6471, 4.7843, 1.2157, 0.0000],  [25.0/25, 25.0/25, 060.0/25, 1.0000]),

Would also be cool if someone explained that parameters to me (how they affect things):

#  4) shader parameters1 [ HDRRange, HDRExposureScaler, LuminanceAverageScaler, LuminanceMaxScaler ]
#  5) shader parameters2 [ BrightpassTreshold, BrightpassPostPower, BlurStrenght, BlurAmount ]
#  6) shader parameters3 [ AmbientColorCoef, SunColorCoef, SpecularCoef, -reserved ]

EDIT:

No, colored fog is not an option. It won't suit my needs.

PitchPL said:
Add Black/Grey/dark color fog. Its easy way to make nights darker.

Oh, sorry my bad. I forgot to say that colored fog is not an option. I'm already using it for my global weather script. What is more - the effect would not be satisfying for me because in that case I can't affect that darkness in any way using lighting (I want to force the player to use torches at night and also create new AI for troops).

The only way is to edit postFX, lighting scene props (yes, the sun and light at night exist as scene props) or shaders (which I have literally 0 knowledge about).
Does anyone else have any other idea?

I'm making some models and they make heavy use of alpha channels for transparency. I'd like to make these armours display heraldic colours as well (just the back colour, not the actual coat of arms) but as I understand it this also makes use of alpha channels. Am I able to make use of transparency and heraldic colours, or do I have to choose one or the other? Adding heraldry seems complicated in general, but I'm keen on knowing what the limitations are before I begin.

EDIT

Actually, yeah, this is stupidly complicated. How can there possibly be so much work for a single model? I'm following this tutorial:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,121012.0.html

It's fine, I guess, but I have absolutely no idea why I'm doing what I'm doing. It doesn't exactly explain anything, it's just a list of instructions. Is there a better tutorial?

Somebody said:
You can use both, just give it an alpha channel. You need a few extra materials and a planar mesh if you want to project the heraldic flag onto it.

Looks like I also have to do a bunch of Python nonsense, which is where I stumbled. Gave me an error that I had no idea how to solve. The tutorial I posted is horrible because it doesn't actually explain anything, and it just left me frustrated and annoyed.

I got as far as having a weird translucent armour piece, but ultimately gave up. If you know of a better tutorial I'd appreciate a link.

Hey guys, can I ask a question?
So, I'm trying to make an item that will work as a map, disabling the fog of war enabled at game_init, when the player buys that map. I have this item code:
Code:
["map","Map of Ellon", [("book_a",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods, 0, 150,weight(2)|abundance(150),imodbits_none, [(ti_on_item_picked_up, [(call_script, "script_enable_all_centers"),][color=red])[/color],]],

It doesn't work, doesn't even compile. Now, the problem is with the script calling bit, but that is my issue: I have used that method to call a number of scripts -such as area damage, magic weapons(aura and modifier of power_strike), custom particles, spells and whatnot- with other items and they all worked perfectly.  Any help would be appreciated. To my knowledge, it isn't anything different, just a script applied to a trade good instead of armor/weapon.

EDIT: Nevermind, forgot this: )  :facepalm:
Curious thing is, it didn't give me a syntax error, just some weird stuff with triggers not correctly shown or such.

If you only have map available to the player via the book merchant, why not just check the inventory once you finish the dialog or leave the scene.
BeefBacon said:
I got as far as having a weird translucent armour piece, but ultimately gave up. If you know of a better tutorial I'd appreciate a link.
If you don't care about the banner, all you need in the tableau code is something like this
Code:
  ("heraldic_XXX", 0, "sample_heraldic_XXX_banner", 512, 512, 0, 0, 0, 0,
   [
       (store_script_param, ":banner_mesh", 1),

(set_fixed_point_multiplier, 100),
       (troop_get_slot, ":background_color", "trp_banner_background_color_array", ":background_slot"),
       (cur_tableau_set_background_color, ":background_color"),
       (init_position, pos1),
       (position_set_z, pos1, 30),
       (cur_tableau_add_mesh, "tableau_mesh_heraldic_XXX_banner", pos1, 0, 0),
       (cur_tableau_set_camera_parameters, 0, 200, 200, 0, 100000),
       ]),
You should post your actual error message in that thread, but it's probably a misplaced ([]),

Somebody said:
If you don't care about the banner, all you need in the tableau code is something like this
Code:
  ("heraldic_XXX", 0, "sample_heraldic_XXX_banner", 512, 512, 0, 0, 0, 0,
   [
       (store_script_param, ":banner_mesh", 1),

(set_fixed_point_multiplier, 100),
       (troop_get_slot, ":background_color", "trp_banner_background_color_array", ":background_slot"),
       (cur_tableau_set_background_color, ":background_color"),
       (init_position, pos1),
       (position_set_z, pos1, 30),
       (cur_tableau_add_mesh, "tableau_mesh_heraldic_XXX_banner", pos1, 0, 0),
       (cur_tableau_set_camera_parameters, 0, 200, 200, 0, 100000),
       ]),
You should post your actual error message in that thread, but it's probably a misplaced ([]),

I'll give that a go, thanks. Presumably it moves the actual banner texure off somewhere else and turns it all into background colour, or something along those lines? If I have any errors I'll post them here, but the one before said "illegal reference" I think but, again, without knowing what the code meant or what it was trying to refer to I was having difficulty addressing it. Usually when there's a missing reference it's fairly trivial to fix it, but this time around I didn't know where to start.

Tutorial should have prefixed it with (cur_tableau_add_mesh, "mesh_tableau_mesh_heraldic_XXX_banner", pos1, 0, 0), so that's probably where the illegal reference comes from. tableau_ is the prefix for well the current file you're in and you're supposed to be referencing the mesh you added in step 3a of the tutorial

Somebody said:
If you only have map available to the player via the book merchant, why not just check the inventory once you finish the dialog or leave the scene.

Well, the leave-the-scene check is certainly an option, but the map is not available through book merchants. I have a new NPC, Magic Items merchant, in a new scene and while I could check after his custom dialog, I have the map item also inside a chest in another scene and also, it may be given as areward after a certain faction leader relation level(I'm tinkering with that one currently). To be frank, I found it just easier to call the script from the item.  :razz:

Questions:

1. It seems that several battle maps are missing the inventory chest in my mod. What file/script spawns the chest?
2. Bushes are blocking NPCs faces during conversation. It seems to be related to the scene used during conversations. How do change it?

Code:
["bardiche", "Bardiche", [("two_handed_battle_axe_d",0)], itp_type_two_handed_wpn|itp_merchandise|itp_two_handed|itp_primary|itp_wooden_parry|itp_unbalanced, itc_nodachi|itcf_carry_axe_back, 600, weight(get_axe_weight(101))|abundance(25)|difficulty(10)|spd_rtng(get_2haxe_speed(101))|weapon_length(101)|swing_damage(46, cut)|thrust_damage(0, pierce), imodbits_axe, [], euro_factions],
["shortened_military_scythe", "Shortened Military Scythe", [("two_handed_battle_scythe_a",0)], itp_type_two_handed_wpn|itp_merchandise|itp_two_handed|itp_primary, itc_nodachi|itcf_carry_sword_back, 1000, weight(get_w_weight(114))|abundance(25)|difficulty(10)|spd_rtng(get_2hw_speed(114))|weapon_length(114)|swing_damage(48, cut)|thrust_damage(0, pierce), imodbits_axe, [], all_euro_factions],

["raf_two_handed_axe_a", "Two_Handed_Axe", [("vik_tveirhendr_hedmarkox", 0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_two_handed_wpn|itp_two_handed|itp_wooden_parry|itp_merchandise|itp_primary, itcf_carry_axe_back|itc_nodachi, 450, weight(get_axe_weight(94))|abundance(10)|difficulty(10)|spd_rtng(get_2haxe_speed(94))|weapon_length(94)|swing_damage(42, pierce), imodbits_pick],
["raf_two_handed_axe_b", "Two_Handed_Axe", [("vik_tveirhendr_danox", 0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_two_handed_wpn|itp_two_handed|itp_wooden_parry|itp_merchandise|itp_primary, itcf_carry_axe_back|itc_nodachi, 450, weight(get_axe_weight(94))|abundance(10)|difficulty(10)|spd_rtng(get_2haxe_speed(94))|weapon_length(94)|swing_damage(42, pierce), imodbits_pick],
["raf_two_handed_axe_c", "Nordic_Axe", [("talak_nordic_axe", 0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_two_handed_wpn|itp_two_handed|itp_wooden_parry|itp_merchandise|itp_primary, itcf_carry_axe_back|itc_nodachi, 500, weight(get_axe_weight(98))|abundance(10)|difficulty(12)|spd_rtng(get_2haxe_speed(98))|weapon_length(98)|swing_damage(44, pierce), imodbits_pick, [], nordic_factions],
3. No matter what abundance i set, the axes always appear 90% of the time when the script respawns the merchant's inventories.

1. None, the inventory prop is placed in the scene manually.
2. Conversation_scene
3. Check how merchant inventories are being refreshed. I am guessing the faction is what's causing the abundance issues.

How can I add ground blood?
to module_particle_system or another way for adding?
Ll0Ooz.png

frozenpainter said:
How can I add ground blood?
to module_particle_system or another way for adding?
Ll0Ooz.png

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by that but if you want to spawn blood on the ground after hitting an enemy then I assume the easiest way to do that would be creating custom scene prop with blood texture and spawning it via ti_on_agent_hit trigger inside module_mission_templates.

I am so bad at knowing where to ask so please redirect me if this is the wrong thread.

I use swyters cartographer to edit the map, I want to do a completely new map that is much larger and prefferably in a wide rectangle. But so far I only figured out how to change the camera restriction, also when I flattend the map the game crashes when I try to start a new game and I get this message Unable to position party Main Party (17:00, 52:50). And that has been a reocurring problem, whenever I change something on the map I get that message when trying to start a new game.

So can someone tell me or point me to somewhere I can learn how to start the game witouth a crash and how to increase the size of the map? I would highly appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom