Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Temuzu said:
Ah, ok. Figured it out with trial and error.

Next question, does it matter if I putted the files in Common_Recourse or something? Will it work if someone downloads the module?

Btw, heres a screeny of what I did.

yeeehaaaw.png

No, people cannot use the items in the BRF's wich are in the CommonRes files. If you want them to be able for download, put it in the Resource folder of your mod.

CommonRes is specially for Native and installed by the Mount&Blade installer. So other people cannot use that if you would put the helmets in one of those files.

Just give the BRF a name, special_helmets or something, then  put load_module_resource = special_helmets in the module.ini file so the mod will load the items.

feuerzeuge said:
I meant to have characters with no hands and beweaponed extremities. I meant to have the glove rigged to the forearm, so that it remains rigid, and give them an invisible sword. Guess I'll have to go the long way and give them their own bodies.
You don't need rigging to place a weapon in the left hand. Replace a shield model with a weapon one and readjust to fit it into hand grip
If you want the whole arm to be rigid, you should either change animations or draw an armor that incudes the hand and is rigged to arm bones

If I was to create an item and import it to the list of items/objects within the Editor, would that be possible to set some specific values, like it's hit points?

What I am thinking now is the possibility of making some type of items that could be treated like i.e. castle walls (I mean, treated as destructable).

If yes, are there any limitations towards the number of such items, except those of saying some fast CPU would be needed?

yes it has been done in some mods already, I dont know if there is an upper limit since I dont think anyone hit it yet, but I assume it would be a global limit for all scene props, meaning it is very high and you are likely to causing crashing and slowdown before you hit it.

I tested it, translating the abdomen works fine on a custom skeleton for me.
are you sure all your bones are a child of the abdomen?.

Thank you Barf ...

Now, as this case is more clear, I have some other questions of no-lesser value to me.

Can triggers be working inside any scene / battlefield map /town or village location, or are those restricted to general-strategic map of the game?

This one, second, is quite tricky I think. As I have played in Native version I have seen two ways of general modes working in most (I think) FPP locations (I call by these words all areas mentioned in the previous questions, which are scenes, battlefields, towns and so on, I simply am going to be that bluntly clear, as I can't remind the general name for such locations used by moders).
Those two modes I think of are:
-the passive one, like in towns or villages
-and agressive one, used in cases of fights to come
What I mean here, is that as I have seen so far, while entering the village I can speak with any villager I wish, and most possibly can't hurt them. In this mode, there are no troops of mine (if having any), so I guess key commands doesn't work as there is no one I can issue orders to (like "Hold position" or "Charge"). Thus I think those are two separated modes, as I call them.
The question is, if the possibility of merging those two modes exist?
So, speaking with examples. Could I speak with any of my troops while in battle mode, just like I was speakingw ith NPC? I know some mod makers made it possible, to speak with NPCs in combat. Or at least that is what I think I have red about. I mean Banners Bearers and such ideas. Sorry here, for not being concrete in what I try to speak of. Just hope I made it somewhat clear.
The second example of merging two modes is concentrated on question, if while in passive mode, is it possible to call that agressive one in any time? Like let's say allowing the demage on town's guard and triggering the combat by it.

I think that in the last sentance I have answered to my first question in this post. But to be honest I am as myself not sure if it is possible.
Lastly, I am aware those two anounced questions weren't just simply words. My use of english I somewhat problematic in terms of understanding usually.
But, I do hope however, that what I was to ask, is somewhat achievable. In terms of understanding and scripting.

Just a quick question dose changing codes eg changing a hero's name take effect in saved games or would you have to start again to see the name change ???

also is this so with all code changes or just some ?????

thanks 

Kaltan

In most cases you must start new game. not in all but in most. That example, if you change name of something like soldiers, companions, towns... you must.

Generally, when you edit code you don't need to start a new game if changes don't alert the order or names of entities (e.g. troops, parties, quick strings, global variables, scripts).

Hello Guys
I need some help, 'couse i d'like to make my own mode.
So, anybody knows how to incrase tournament bet and profit? Witch file have to modify? I can't realize...
If anybody knows, please help me.
Thank's

It is possible in a non-combat scene (conversation scene) to trigger combat.  An example from native is the kill-fugitive quest, or the kill-merchant quest in the cities.

I am not sure if it can be made to work the other way, to trigger a non-combat situation whilst in battle.

duck83 said:
Thank you Barf ...

Now, as this case is more clear, I have some other questions of no-lesser value to me.

Can triggers be working inside any scene / battlefield map /town or village location, or are those restricted to general-strategic map of the game?

This one, second, is quite tricky I think. As I have played in Native version I have seen two ways of general modes working in most (I think) FPP locations (I call by these words all areas mentioned in the previous questions, which are scenes, battlefields, towns and so on, I simply am going to be that bluntly clear, as I can't remind the general name for such locations used by moders).
Those two modes I think of are:
-the passive one, like in towns or villages
-and agressive one, used in cases of fights to come
What I mean here, is that as I have seen so far, while entering the village I can speak with any villager I wish, and most possibly can't hurt them. In this mode, there are no troops of mine (if having any), so I guess key commands doesn't work as there is no one I can issue orders to (like "Hold position" or "Charge"). Thus I think those are two separated modes, as I call them.
The question is, if the possibility of merging those two modes exist?
So, speaking with examples. Could I speak with any of my troops while in battle mode, just like I was speakingw ith NPC? I know some mod makers made it possible, to speak with NPCs in combat. Or at least that is what I think I have red about. I mean Banners Bearers and such ideas. Sorry here, for not being concrete in what I try to speak of. Just hope I made it somewhat clear.
The second example of merging two modes is concentrated on question, if while in passive mode, is it possible to call that agressive one in any time? Like let's say allowing the demage on town's guard and triggering the combat by it.

I think that in the last sentance I have answered to my first question in this post. But to be honest I am as myself not sure if it is possible.
Lastly, I am aware those two anounced questions weren't just simply words. My use of english I somewhat problematic in terms of understanding usually.
But, I do hope however, that what I was to ask, is somewhat achievable. In terms of understanding and scripting.

all right people.. I have a problem, I imported roma invicta OSP to my game, in BRF edit, all models look fine, however in game, for instance, celtic sword turns white, like there is no texture (dds file is in Texture folder). There are some shades visible, but no texture. Can someone help me with this?

About mission...
Yes, there are 2 types of them battle with mtf_battle_mode and non-battle without.
The only difference is in the battle mode a player can't start conversations.
Access to inventory (in contrast to comments in head_mission_templates) and commands and work same in battle in non-battle.
Possibility to attack and aggressiveness of agents are covered by teams and relation between them
Teams and relations can be alerted dynamically in any mission.
You can stop fight between teams by setting relation to 0/1, or activate fight by setting it to -1.
Note to be clear. you can't attack neutral troops with any weapon and friendly with melee weapon, so with melee it is impossible to damage non-enemy troop, check it heath and turn on an aggressive state. Most likely it will be possible in Warband.
Unfortunally, ability to talk to non-enemy agents can't be alerted, but if you need to force a player to start a conversation in a specific moment you can trigger it with start_mission_conversation.

are there any good tutorials for making you own custom questions and descriptions during character creation eg. the first page is something like You were born in a land far away your father was.... then theres 5 answers 1.impoverished noble etc. i tried editing but failed at description part after you select answer, like when you select impoverished noble. Next page has description up top like You were born into a family of nobility, i could change the 1-5 answers part but when i changed the description. i saved compiled etc but when i got on my game, the answers were changed to how i wanted but when i chose one the description for the old answer was there still,any good tutorials for how to change this?

don't know about tutorials, but the descriptions are set strings that are saved at the end of each question/answer session:

So, in python_game_menus you need to find strings.....

look for things like store_string,

("start_french",[(eq,"$background_answer_3",cb3_french),],"In the slums of Paris.",[
      (assign,"$background_type",cb_french),
      (troop_raise_skill, "trp_player","skl_tactics",3),
      (assign, reg3, "$character_gender"),
      (str_store_string,s11,"@As a child, your family scrabbled out a meagre existence, often resorting to theft of the meanest rags and scraps.  With the Fall of the Bastille things began to look better.  Then one day, you stole a beautiful thing: A red-leather coated book.  The creamy parchment and flowing symbols inspired you to read, and while other slum kids were jeering the aristos under Madame Guillotine, you absorbed every detail of The Sun King's glorious military campaigns..."),
(jump_to_menu,"mnu_start_character_3"),

the text block after the @ symbol is what you need to alter to make the back-story your own.

Ye thats it exactly what i did originally i changed the question name so obviously impoverished noble to what i wanted, worked absolutely fine then i changed that description irectly underneath them so after the @ symbol and it didnt work at all, it was just the same description as whatever was originally there i saved the file compiled everything no errors at all, just some reason the description never set in this is my problem :sad: these are the ones that i would change 
  ("start_noble",[],"An impoverished noble.",[
      (assign,"$background_type",cb_noble),
      (str_store_string,s10,"@You came into the world a {reg3?daughter:son} of declining nobility,\
owning only the house in which they lived. However, despite your family's hardships,\
they afforded you a good education and trained you from childhood for the rigors of aristocracy and life at court."),
(jump_to_menu,"mnu_start_character_2"),

This is how i would basically modify

("start_noble",[],"A military seargent.",[
      (assign,"$background_type",cb_noble),
      (str_store_string,s10,"@You were born into this world a {reg3?daughter:son} of commanding power,\
you were put through tormenting pain. But this hardened you into a soldier,\
your father treated you no different then one of his soldier's, you are a killer."),

(jump_to_menu,"mnu_start_character_2"),

Kaltan said:
Just a quick question dose changing codes eg changing a hero's name take effect in saved games or would you have to start again to see the name change ???

also is this so with all code changes or just some ?????

Thanks  especially  Rongar and iggorbb for the replies

Kaltan

Thanks for the the info

Hi again another question would adding the code to be able to change group leader  from char to hero's before each battle effect games ???

(any one know where i can get that code from of top of there heads save me the search NP if not)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom