Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone made a script that would instantly give me an  x amount of a particular type of soldier? It could be as a camp action, or when talking to the trainer, something like that.

On the other hand, if I add a new mercenary troop not editing one, will it appear in other parties? I mean are the mercenary troops grouped?
The Idea is that I want to have exclusive units that no one else would have. Thanks.

Thanks.

izaktj said:
Has anyone made a script that would instantly give me an  x amount of a particular type of soldier? It could be as a camp action, or when talking to the trainer, something like that.

(party_add_members,<party_id>,<troop_id>,<number>), #returns number added in reg0

to add 10 swadian knight to main party :
  (party_add_members,"p_main_party","trp_swadian_knight",10),

izaktj said:
On the other hand, if I add a new mercenary troop not editing one, will it appear in other parties? I mean are the mercenary troops grouped?
The Idea is that I want to have exclusive units that no one else would have. Thanks.
Thanks.
It depend on where you put the troop on module_troops.py, I guess.  If you put them between mercenary_begin and mercenary_end then there'll be a chance that they can be spawned on the tavern scene. If you put between bandit_begin and bandit_end then there'll be a chance they'll be spawned in bandit party.

How can I start a map conversation? I mean, I was able to do it, jump_to_menu where you set up the scene, etc. But now when the dialog is finished (it's a specific dialog) it restarts again, but this time not with the unique replies, but with some kind of a normal dialogue - "Hello, what can I do for you?" - "Let me see your equipment"
Any help on this?

dunde said:
izaktj said:

(party_add_members,<party_id>,<troop_id>,<number>), #returns number added in reg0

to add 10 swadian knight to main party :
  (party_add_members,"p_main_party","trp_swadian_knight",10),

izaktj said:
Thanks.
It depend on where you put the troop on module_troops.py, I guess.  If you put them between mercenary_begin and mercenary_end then there'll be a chance that they can be spawned on the tavern scene. If you put between bandit_begin and bandit_end then there'll be a chance they'll be spawned in bandit party.
Nice thanks. I'll test that, I'm pretty new to python but I have experience with JAVA an c++.

dunde said:
It's not python syntax anyway. It's just Mount n Blade script that compiled by a set of python files. All Opcodes available is listed on header_operations.py.
Thanks a lot man, now I get it. It's the same way as operation flash point scrips I assume.

Have an annoying issue now.
I have this legionaries, and they have pilums (like javelins) but by doing so they are qualified as ranged units and I don't want that.
Besides not guaranteeing their ranged weapons, what other way is there to make them "infantry" without removing the pilums?

I see. Thanks for the info.
Now, I'm not sure if I should add kingdom management to my mod. I only want to have my own faction name (I guess I'd use the "change party/faction name") and change the guards on the towns/castles I get. I'll aslo like to try your outpost kit :grin:

Is there anyway to remove or changed a dropped or thrown item on the battlefield?  When jedi/sith die in my mod, their lightsabers remain activated, so I'd like to switch the dropped weapon to be a mesh with the blade turned off.  Same concept when you throw a lightsaber, I'd like to remove those.  I know I can do that with scene props, but is there anyway to do that with items?

For example, this battle looks great, but all the lightsabers on the ground look weird at the end of battle...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQPPbnm9-LM

izaktj said:
Have an annoying issue now.
I have this legionaries, and they have pilums (like javelins) but by doing so they are qualified as ranged units and I don't want that.
Besides not guaranteeing their ranged weapons, what other way is there to make them "infantry" without removing the pilums?
You could simply remove your guarantee_ranged. Then they count as infantry and some will have pila. Give them a whole stack of stacks (:razz:) and more of them should have pila, but there'll still be a few wayward legionaries without.

Ok
trying to change sea raiders party sizes to at least 100

Original = ("sea_raiders","Sea Raiders",icon_axeman|carries_goods(2),0,fac_outlaws,bandit_personality,[(trp_sea_raider,5,50)]),
Edited = ("sea_raiders","Sea Raiders",icon_axeman|carries_goods(2),0,fac_outlaws,bandit_personality,[(trp_sea_raider,100,150)]),

Doesn't work.
Ideas?

NEvermind it worked :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom