Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kraggrim ?️ said:
The leader should be set in game_start:

# Factions:
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_1",  slot_faction_culture, "fac_culture_1"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_1",  slot_faction_leader, "trp_kingdom_1_lord"),
      (troop_set_slot, "trp_kingdom_1_lord", slot_troop_renown, 1200),

Are these kingdoms/troops set properly? I don't know if there's more to it than that.

was about to edit my post till i saw your answer the problem is fixed don't know how in the hell it happened i fixed some scripts i toke from VC and compiled then tested and it was fixed now they are working good for both the ones having less then 10 lords(for example clans with 3 lords) and bigger then 10 (for example 30 lord and so on) thanks for the help anyway and again thanks to all who helped me fix this problem

Has anyone used itp_disable_agent_sounds with success?

I seem to having issues with various operations not working as intended. Could this be because I'm using WRECK?

produno said:
Has anyone used itp_disable_agent_sounds with success?

VC uses it for animals like pigs, so they won't make the usual horse noises

Code:
 ["animal_boar","Boar", [("animal_boar",0),("animal_boar_2",imodbit_cracked)],	itp_disable_agent_sounds, 0, 10,abundance(10)|hit_points(25)|body_armor(0)|difficulty(0)|horse_speed(55)|horse_maneuver(150)|horse_charge(5000)|horse_scale(70),imodbits_horse_basic],

zidozido said:
hey guys how do put screen shots in my replay or thread

see all those buttons above the text box (where you type stuff) ? First one, second row, its for images.

you can use this site to host them https://tw.greywool.com/i/

mcO3t.jpg

zidozido said:
i know but all what appear is small green window not the full image

There is a difference between a link to your image, and the link to a website hosting it (plus all the ads... )

You didn't use the service linked above. That is your call. Just remember that random websites won't keep your images forever, they will either kill your link or replace it ... just look at what happened to old thread (tutorials, older mods, etc, around here)

Anyway let's see each issue at time:
1. You need to use the IMG tag for each image.
2. You need to check your image links, open them,  then copy the actual link for the image (Tha will end at .PNG or similar)

quick example: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,368255.msg8812063.html#msg8812063

produno said:
Yeah, that's what I have tried using it for, though the animals still snort like horses.

what are you trying to add? Scene prop animals? Moving agents like a dog walking around the village?

give a look at VC code. It is a combination of things depending on what you want to do, like set the correct team, disable interaction with player, and so on.

How do the min/max border coordinates in module_scenes work? It looks like they do nothing in sf_generate scenes which are not randomised, which is a problem with large custom scenes since a max border of 100,100 ends up being far beyond the edge of the actual terrain.  :???: As I said, changing this seems to have no effect, although perhaps I just need the "right" number.

Here is the scene entry:
("town_7_center",sf_generate,"none", "none", (0,0),(100,100),-100,"0x0000000030000500000d2348000030c4000053ae00001d83",
    [],[],"outer_terrain_plain"),

The min border is fine (though I wish I could move it closer to the edge) but at the max one can run right off the edge of the terrain.

Ruthven said:
sf_generate

sf_generate is for outdoors (sky), while sf_indoors is for things like a inn or castle hall.

if you have a smaller/bigger terrain you can change
Code:
(0,0),(100,100)

Code:
  ("random_scene",sf_generate|sf_randomize|sf_auto_entry_points,"none", "none", (0,0),(240,240),-0.5,"0x300028000003e8fa0000034e00004b34000059be",
    [],[]),
  ("conversation_scene",0,"encounter_spot", "bo_encounter_spot", (-40,-40),(40,40),-100,"0",
    [],[]),
  ("water",0,"none", "none", (-1000,-1000),(1000,1000),-0.5,"0",
    [],[]),

I am well aware. :razz: as I mentioned, changing those numbers does not affect the size of the scene borders. I've verified that I'm changing the correct scene entry, reloading everything etc. But I can set the min coords to -100,-100 and the min borders are in the same place as they are at 0,0. I can set the max coords to 1000 or 2 or 40 or 120 - but the border is always beyond the edge of the map. By my estimation this should not be the case.

So what I want to know is: how is the border size calculated? It is clearly neither in meters nor percentages, it doesn't have anything to do with polygon size as far as I can tell. Is there a way to infer "ideal" border size based on the terrain code?

Ruthven said:
The min border is fine (though I wish I could move it closer to the edge) but at the max one can run right off the edge of the terrain.
What exactly is the problem?
Do you have a scene you don't want to edit, but module settings are too big? Lower them.
Do you want to create a large scene? Get a proper long code for this scene in the first place (which is done by running the game in edit mode and then using a terrain editor button on the global map), and then increase numbers in module_scenes.

Leonion said:
Ruthven said:
What exactly is the problem?
Do you have a scene you don't want to edit, but module settings are too big? Lower them.
Do you want to create a large scene? Get a proper long code for this scene in the first place (which is done by running the game in edit mode and then using a terrain editor button on the global map), and then increase numbers in module_scenes.
The problem I am having is that when I change the size of the borders in module_scenes the changes are not reflected in-game. Since I am using calculations involving get_scene_boundaries it is a bit of a problem, as the maximum boundaries are way too large. So, I made them smaller. And smaller. And smaller. And they are still too large.

What I want to know, is how boundary size is even determined in the first place? For all town/castle/village scenes, 100 is used for the max x and y. Since the scene(s) I made use larger terrain size than any Native scenes, you would think that the border size should need to be increased to work properly. I tried looking at other Native scenes and only got more confused :razz:. random_scene uses 240 for the max values, and works fine at its current size as well as for random scenes at the absolute maximum x/y size (1024m.) The Salt Mine scene uses (-200,-200),(200,200) for its borders. So what do these numbers mean in the first place? I figured I could easily correct the border size through trial and error, but nothing I try is working, even changing the borders to something ridiculous just to make sure it does anything at all seems to indicate that it in fact does not. :???:

My module system's module_troops, module_items etc downt updates id's. En example, If i add a troop with rhodok_cavalry id, in ıd_troops the system writes trp_rhodok_cavalry. But it doesnt happens at my module system. I'm using new ms but still giving same error. How can I solve this problem? I changed 3 ms but still giving same error.

Kortlcha said:
My module system's module_troops, module_items etc downt updates id's. En example, If i add a troop with rhodok_cavalry id, in ıd_troops the system writes trp_rhodok_cavalry. But it doesnt happens at my module system. I'm using new ms but still giving same error. How can I solve this problem? I changed 3 ms but still giving same error.

Not clear what you are asking. So lets try the basics>

1) if you add a new entity (a new troop, a new item, etc), you need to compile (build_module.bat) to generate the new IDs (ID_XXX.py files), then you can use those references in other files (like using a new troop in a script)

add -> compile -> use -> compile -> play

2) when posting a question it is easier if: you show code examples; post any error messages you get

Cheers

kalarhan said:
Kortlcha said:

Not clear what you are asking. So lets try the basics>

1) if you add a new entity (a new troop, a new item, etc), you need to compile (build_module.bat) to generate the new IDs (ID_XXX.py files), then you can use those references in other files (like using a new troop in a script)

add -> compile -> use -> compile -> play

2) when posting a question it is easier if: you show code examples; post any error messages you get

Cheers
Again sorry for my bad english :grin: But my problem is: build.bat doesnt complinig id_* files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom