Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting this error when I run the build_module.bat

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "process_init.py", line 2, in <module>
    from process_operations import *
  File "C:\Users\nickb_000\Desktop\Module_system 1.165\process_operations.py", line 20, in <module>
    from module_scripts import *
  File "C:\Users\nickb_000\Desktop\Module_system 1.165\module_scripts.py", line 19840, in <module>
    (party_set_marshall, ":eek:ld_marshall_party", 0),
NameError: name 'party_set_marshall' is not defined
  File "process_global_variables.py", line 6, in <module>
    from module_dialogs import *
  File "C:\Users\nickb_000\Desktop\Module_system 1.165\module_dialogs.py", line 10745, in <module>
Exporting strings...
Exporting skills...
Exporting tracks...
Exporting animations...
Exporting meshes...
Exporting sounds...
Exporting skins...
  File "process_map_icons.py", line 6, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\nickb_000\Desktop\Module_system 1.165\process_operations.py", line 20, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\nickb_000\Desktop\Module_system 1.165\module_scripts.py", line 19840, in <module>
Exporting faction data...
Exporting item data...
  File "process_items.py", line 66, in <module>
Exporting scene data...
  File "process_scenes.py", line 15, in <module>
Exporting troops data
Exporting particle data...
  File "process_scene_props.py", line 7, in <module>
  File "process_tableau_materials.py", line 8, in <module>
  File "process_presentations.py", line 4, in <module>
    from module_presentations import *
  File "C:\Users\nickb_000\Desktop\Module_system 1.165\module_presentations.py", line 8614, in <module>
    (party_set_marshall, ":eek:ld_marshall", 0),
Exporting party_template data...
  File "process_parties.py", line 4, in <module>
    from module_game_menus import *
  File "C:\Users\nickb_000\Desktop\Module_system 1.165\module_game_menus.py", line 13565, in <module>
Exporting quest data...
Exporting info_page data...
  File "process_scripts.py", line 4, in <module>
  File "process_mission_tmps.py", line 8, in <module>
  File "process_game_menus.py", line 5, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\nickb_000\Desktop\Module_system 1.165\module_game_menus.py", line 13565, in <module>
  File "process_simple_triggers.py", line 5, in <module>
  File "process_dialogs.py", line 6, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\nickb_000\Desktop\Module_system 1.165\module_dialogs.py", line 10745, in <module>
  File "process_global_variables_unused.py", line 3, in <module>
Exporting postfx_params...

Script processing has ended.
Press any key to exit. . .

Druidic said:
Masterancza said:
How to force game to display troop upgrading cost at party screen?

I've seen this feature in various mods but I can't find out how to do it :facepalm:
Script 'game_get_upgrade_cost' is determining the upgrade cost but there's no single line about displaying it on party screen.

I thought that was a default thing in the text for the buttons for upgrading the troop.

Oh my good, I'm so stupid... Looks like the Polish translation of Warband on Steam is incorrect in many ways.

Thank you kind sir! :mrgreen:

Real_Destroyer said:
I am getting this error when I run the build_module.bat
  File "process_init.py", line 2, in <module>
  File "process_global_variables.py", line 6, in <module>
Exporting strings...
Exporting skills...
Exporting tracks...
Exporting animations...
Exporting meshes...
Exporting sounds...
Exporting skins...
  File "process_map_icons.py", line 6, in <module>
Exporting faction data...
Exporting item data...
  File "process_items.py", line 66, in <module>
Exporting scene data...
  File "process_scenes.py", line 15, in <module>
Exporting troops data
Exporting particle data...
  File "process_scene_props.py", line 7, in <module>
  File "process_tableau_materials.py", line 8, in <module>
  File "process_presentations.py", line 4, in <module>
    from module_presentations import *
  File "C:\Users\nickb_000\Desktop\Module_system 1.165\module_presentations.py", line 8614, in <module>
    (party_set_marshall, ":eek:ld_marshall", 0),
Exporting party_template data...
  File "process_parties.py", line 4, in <module>
Exporting quest data...
Exporting info_page data...
  File "process_scripts.py", line 4, in <module>
  File "process_mission_tmps.py", line 8, in <module>
  File "process_game_menus.py", line 5, in <module>
  File "process_simple_triggers.py", line 5, in <module>
  File "process_dialogs.py", line 6, in <module>
  File "process_global_variables_unused.py", line 3, in <module>
Exporting postfx_params...

Script processing has ended.
Press any key to exit. . .

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=356614.0

I am trying to make only two multiplayer factions playable, I have done it partly, yet there is a problem that I encountered.

Code:
# script_multiplayer_fill_available_factions_combo_button
  # Input: arg1 = overlay_id, arg2 = selected_faction_no, arg3 = opposite_team_selected_faction_no
  # Output: none
  ("multiplayer_fill_available_factions_combo_button",
    [
      (store_script_param, ":overlay_id", 1),
      (store_script_param, ":selected_faction_no", 2),
      (try_for_range, ":cur_faction", npc_kingdoms_begin, npc_kingdoms_end),
      (this_or_next|eq, ":cur_faction", "fac_kingdom_53"), #if ottoman
      (eq, ":cur_faction", "fac_kingdom_52"), #or byzantium
        (str_store_faction_name, s0, ":cur_faction"),
        (overlay_add_item, ":overlay_id", s0),
      (try_end),
      (val_sub, ":selected_faction_no", "fac_kingdom_1"),
      (overlay_set_val, ":overlay_id", ":selected_faction_no"),
  ]),

They are ok in admin panel. I can only select 2 factions. But in scene, factions change.

I was set these as ottoman and byzantium in admin panel. But in scene, there is swadia and vaegirs, not ottoman and byzantium...  :dead:

nevermind, I found it in game_quick_start;

Code:
(assign, "$g_multiplayer_team_1_faction", "fac_kingdom_1"),
      (assign, "$g_multiplayer_team_2_faction", "fac_kingdom_2"),

Hello everyone,

I've come here hoping that someone understands the way terrain types work in Warband and what are the underlying differences between them.

As some of you may remember, I have created a large number of custom battle scenes that I have made public for download. I have discovered one strange issue though that severely impacts performance in forest scenes (namely, rt_forest types). The issue unfolds as follows: when you spawn in the battle scene labeled with rt_forest, the game is stuttering, especially when the troops are performing maneuvers around the battlefield. At first, I was thinking that the scenes are too demanding due to the large number of trees, but then, after some observations, I've come to the conclusion that something else, not graphic or memory-related is slowing the game down. I've had one large battle where the opposing sides simply stopped moving and formed lines ot the opposite sides of the map, and guess what, the game was running perfectly smooth. As soon as they started moving, the game started to stutter. After the battle ended and the troops stopped moving, the game was very smooth again.

That could mean only one thing: not the dense forest scene, nor the large amount of troops cause performance issues. It must be something specifically wrong with rt_forest. I have to note that in my long scening activity, I have manually created large scenes with densely packed forests, and they worked smoothly, but assigning them to the battle generator with the rt_forest type messes everything up and makes the game slow.

My theory is that the game might be using some very rudimentary and completely useless collision-detection technology, associated only with forest scenes, which might explain why the game slows down so much. Even so, no matter what happens in reality, I hope it could be addressed either by removing or disabling a certain code.

I hope that someone has some knowledge on this and perhaps point me to the right path.

The Bowman said:
but assigning them to the battle generator with the rt_forest type messes everything up and makes the game slow.

I haven't see this issue on my mods, but if you want do disable the random scenes for rt_forest you can do that on "script_setup_random_scene". You can then use other types of scenes, not random scenes, etc for forest.

The Bowman said:
Hello everyone,

I've come here hoping that someone understands the way terrain types work in Warband and what are the underlying differences between them.

As some of you may remember, I have created a large number of custom battle scenes that I have made public for download. I have discovered one strange issue though that severely impacts performance in forest scenes (namely, rt_forest types). The issue unfolds as follows: when you spawn in the battle scene labeled with rt_forest, the game is stuttering, especially when the troops are performing maneuvers around the battlefield. At first, I was thinking that the scenes are too demanding due to the large number of trees, but then, after some observations, I've come to the conclusion that something else, not graphic or memory-related is slowing the game down. I've had one large battle where the opposing sides simply stopped moving and formed lines ot the opposite sides of the map, and guess what, the game was running perfectly smooth. As soon as they started moving, the game started to stutter. After the battle ended and the troops stopped moving, the game was very smooth again.

That could mean only one thing: not the dense forest scene, nor the large amount of troops cause performance issues. It must be something specifically wrong with rt_forest. I have to note that in my long scening activity, I have manually created large scenes with densely packed forests, and they worked smoothly, but assigning them to the battle generator with the rt_forest type messes everything up and makes the game slow.

My theory is that the game might be using some very rudimentary and completely useless collision-detection technology, associated only with forest scenes, which might explain why the game slows down so much. Even so, no matter what happens in reality, I hope it could be addressed either by removing or disabling a certain code.

I hope that someone has some knowledge on this and perhaps point me to the right path.

In script_setup_random_scene, rt_forest selects scn_random_scene_plain_forest. If you edit that scene, you will see trees present, but none of them are selectable objects. By contrast, trees in fixed scenes such as villages are placed scene props. Presumably, the engine's terrain generator creates and randomises placement of these trees. Accordingly, they must have different properties as you suggest. All of the random scenes use randomly generated trees as opposed to regular scene props, there are just less of them in non-forest scenes.

WFaS avoids scn_random_scene_plain_forrest, using scn_random_scene_plain instead for rt_forest campaign map tiles.

Jacobhinds said:
AI agents tend to swerve to avoid trees in scenes with no AI mesh. Perhaps the game has to generate a simple mesh in forest scenes which slows it down.

That could make a lot of sense. I'll check whether the situation improves with a standard generated AI mesh.

hey guys i grt this error after i changed the names of lords using morgh " RGL error unexpected end of file while reading module troops any one know how to fix it

zidozido said:
hey guys i grt this error after i changed the names of lords using morgh " RGL error unexpected end of file while reading module troops any one know how to fix it

your troops.txt has a syntax error, you need to either fix it (see your changes and compare backup) or start over.

HyperCharge said:
How can i change tariffs?
which tariffs?

ok to find the error i open the file and the backup and check every line ? because there is like 10000 line or there is any smarter way ?

I cannot open trade screen in this code. Do you know why?

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Code:
  [trp_geoffrey, "start", [], "............................", "geoffrey_talk", []],
  [trp_geoffrey|plyr, "geoffrey_talk", [(check_quest_active,"qst_quest"),], "............................", "geoffrey_buy", []],
  [trp_geoffrey|plyr, "geoffrey_talk", [(neg|check_quest_active,"qst_quest"),], "............................", "geoffrey_buy2", []],

[trp_geoffrey, "geoffrey_buy2", [], "............................", "geoffrey_book_trade_completed", [[change_screen_trade]]],
  [trp_geoffrey,"geoffrey_buy", [], "............................", "geoffrey_book_trade_completed",[[change_screen_trade]]],
  [trp_geoffrey,"geoffrey_book_trade_completed", [], ".............................", "geoffrey_talk",[]],
  [trp_geoffrey|plyr,"geoffrey_talk", [], ".............................", "close_window",[]],

Code:
("get_closest_port",
    [(store_script_param, ":target_party", 1),
      (assign, ":score_to_beat", 99999),
      (assign, reg1, ":score_to_beat"),

# 1.islands
      (try_begin),
        (store_distance_to_party_from_party, ":distance1", ":target_party", "p_castle_59"),
        (store_distance_to_party_from_party, ":distance2", ":target_party", "p_village_59"),
        (this_or_next | le, ":distance1", 15),
        (le, ":distance2", 15),
        (assign, reg0, "p_jetty_1"),
      (else_try),
        (store_distance_to_party_from_party, ":distance1", ":target_party", "p_castle_60"),
        (store_distance_to_party_from_party, ":distance2", ":target_party", "p_village_60"),
        (assign, reg0, "p_jetty_2"),
      (else_try),
        (store_distance_to_party_from_party, ":distance1", ":target_party", "p_castle_61"),
        (store_distance_to_party_from_party, ":distance2", ":target_party", "p_village_61"),
        (assign, reg0, "p_jetty_3"),
      (else_try),
        #2.Ireland
        (is_between, ":target_party", centers_begin, centers_end),
        (this_or_next | party_slot_eq, ":target_party", slot_center_culture, "fac_culture_irish"),
        (this_or_next | eq, ":target_party", "p_town_7"),	#Dublin and villages
        (this_or_next | eq, ":target_party", "p_village_104"),
        (this_or_next | eq, ":target_party", "p_village_105"),
        (this_or_next | eq, ":target_party", "p_castle_62"),	#Veisafjordr and village
        (eq, ":target_party", "p_village_62"),
        (try_for_range, ":town_no", towns_begin, towns_end),
          (this_or_next | eq, ":town_no", "p_town_7"),	#Dublin
          (this_or_next | eq, ":town_no", "p_town_20"),	#Rath Celtair
          (eq, ":town_no", "p_town_25"),	#Aileach
          (store_distance_to_party_from_party, ":distance", ":target_party", ":town_no"),
          (lt, ":distance", ":score_to_beat"),
          (assign, reg0, ":town_no"),
          (assign, ":score_to_beat", ":distance"),
        (try_end),
      (else_try),
        #3.England
        (is_between, ":target_party", centers_begin, centers_end),
        (this_or_next | party_slot_eq, ":target_party", slot_center_culture, "fac_culture_saxon"),
        (this_or_next | party_slot_eq, ":target_party", slot_center_culture, "fac_culture_angle"),
        (this_or_next | party_slot_eq, ":target_party", slot_center_culture, "fac_culture_welsh"),
        (this_or_next | party_slot_eq, ":target_party", slot_center_culture, "fac_culture_scotch"),
        (this_or_next | eq, ":target_party", "p_castle_57"),	#Caer Reghed and village are norse culture
        (eq, ":target_party", "p_village_57"),
          (party_slot_eq, ":town_no", slot_town_port, 1),
          (this_or_next | party_slot_eq, ":town_no", slot_center_culture, "fac_culture_saxon"),
          (this_or_next | party_slot_eq, ":town_no", slot_center_culture, "fac_culture_angle"),
          (this_or_next | party_slot_eq, ":town_no", slot_center_culture, "fac_culture_welsh"),
          (party_slot_eq, ":town_no", slot_center_culture, "fac_culture_scotch"),
        (try_end),
        (try_begin), #VC-3494
          (store_distance_to_party_from_party, ":distance", ":target_party", "p_jetty_4"),
          (assign, reg0, "p_jetty_4"),
        (try_end),
      (else_try),
        #4.Rest
          (party_slot_eq, ":town_no", slot_town_port, 1),
        (try_end),
        (try_for_range, ":jetty_no", "p_jetty_5", "p_wales_spawn_point"), #VC-3494
          (store_distance_to_party_from_party, ":distance", ":target_party", ":jetty_no"),
          (assign, reg0, ":jetty_no"),
        (try_end),
      (try_end),

(assign, reg1, ":score_to_beat"),]),

What is this used for in VC and what it does between parties like these?

dGNmO4.jpg

HyperCharge said:
What is this used for in VC and what it does between parties like these?

script name answers that, right? It is a simple algorithm to decide which is the closest viable place to move for sea travel. You can read the code to see how it applies a series of simple rules (like distance) around areas in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom