Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jedediah Q said:
Let's say i want a unique archer with bonus against shields. Should both the bow and arrows have that bonus flag or is it enough with one of them?

i'd try it with bow first... should apply bonus to any arrow used that way.... although i haven't test it

Alright... Where can I change the base troop amount and the amount of troops added by Leadership/Prisoner Management?

[D]ark [K]night said:
Is there any way that i can summon troops to my party from the camp menu? in module_game_menu.py?

("camp_modding",0,"Select an option:","none",[],
  [
  ("camp_mod_1",[],"I need troops!",
                  [(party_add_members, "p_main_party", "trp_swadian_knight", 10),
  (display_message, "@10 Swadian Knights have joined your party!",0xFF00FF00),
  (jump_to_menu, "mnu_camp"),
  ]
),

edit:  i didn't see your other thread (re: "can I..."  ) before i posted this... hope it helps

regards,
ta

I just get: invalid syntax at line 9962. i'll post the rest of the modding menu file:

############## MF for testing start ####################
[("camp_mod_1",[],"Increase player's renown.",
[(str_store_string, s1, "@Player renown is increased by 100. "),
(call_script, "script_change_troop_renown", "trp_player" ,100),
(jump_to_menu, "mnu_camp_modding"),
]
),
### MF - Spawn any party you want near your party. Look in party_templates.py for pt_id
("camp_mod_3",[],"Spawn a party nearby",
[(spawn_around_party, "p_main_party", "pt_looters"),
(display_message, "@Party spawned nearby."),
]
),
("camp_mod_4",[],"Back to camp menu.",
[(jump_to_menu, "mnu_camp"),
]
),

[
  ("camp_mod_1",[],"I need troops!",
    (jump_to_menu, "mnu_camp"),
    ]
  ),
]

you already have a camp mod menu. sorry i didn't see you post in the other thread, or i'd have posted it differently...
just make this the next selection like spawn_party.... here's mine
# ta - Spawn any party you want nearby. Look in party_templates.py for pt_id

("camp_mod_6",[],"Spawn a party nearby",
  [(spawn_around_party, "p_main_party", "pt_looters"),
  (display_message, "@Party spawned nearby.",0xFF880000),
  ]
),

# ta add_troops

("camp_mod_7",[],"I need troops!",
  ]
),

("camp_mod_8",[],"Back to camp menu.",
  [(jump_to_menu, "mnu_camp"),
  ]
),
  ]
),
# ta camp_modding end
]

captain lust said:
hey i've got a problem.

I just added a new armour to the game and now a message comes up saying: too many variations on mesh itm black armor.

what does this mean?

more importantly, how do I solve it?

If anyone's interested I fixed it.

Obviously you can't use spaces in mesh names. I got lazy and assumed it would work.

[D]ark [K]night said:
Thanks! it works. But what is the 0xFF00FF00 code for?

it changes the color of the message text...  the 0xFF is the start of the text color string, then it's
RED = 00  GREEN = FF  BLUE = 00
so the text in this case (i'm sure you noticed) is green.  the range of color hue goes from 00 to FF for all three colors, so you could have 0xFFAA2299 for instance ( i have no idea what THAT color is, i just used it for an example of what we can do).
regards,
ta

Has anyone here tried exporting .lwo to .obj for use in-game? I'm a Lightwave user, and I still think it's too much trouble to have to learn the interface of Wings 3D just for M&B, so I'm trying to avoid it if possible.

@TalonAquila

ok! it works in-game! i used my own troops in this case the knight templar :smile:
(troop tree: Priest->Templar Footman or Templar Archer.
Templar Footman->Templar Pikeman-> Knight Templar.
Templar Archer->Templar Crossbow.)

Thanks!

Ruthven said:
Ruthven said:
Kay, does anybody know what .brf file the "ship" icon is in? Or the "camp_tent"?
Still need an answer, as soon as possible, so I'm bumping this'un.

i'm sorry, ruthven, i don't have a clue.  i just got paint.net today and fixed the hunter so that the forelock is over the headstall, so i'll look at the texture files one by one 'til i find it.  paint.net handles .dds files no sweat it seems.(and it's free!)

edit:  the only thing i found is "tent.dds"... looks like more than one tent is included, but this is new ground for me, so i'm not sure it's what you're looking for.  i found nothing with a ship...  sorry i can't ve more help

regards,
ta

udm said:
Has anyone here tried exporting .lwo to .obj for use in-game? I'm a Lightwave user, and I still think it's too much trouble to have to learn the interface of Wings 3D just for M&B, so I'm trying to avoid it if possible.

Anyone? Also is there a tutorial for modding Native animations, or adding in custom-made ones??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom