Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
fisheye said:
FrisianDude said:
Oh, thanks. Does that add it as a possibility, like adding an item in the module_troops would, or does that give every soldier of that troop that same equipement? :???:

It is a possibility just like any other thing on the equipment list.

Awesome, thanks a lot. That makes this quite easy.

Hello everyone,

I hope one of the experts here can help me with my issue.

I have a few models I made a year ago for Oblivion and now I wanted to port them to M&B. I know how the porting works, I was just wondering if - and how - I can port a model that consists of more than one material/texture. When I import a model consisting of multiple separate meshes the BRFEditor imports them separately as two (or three, depending on the model) meshes and two materials. Is there a way I can tell the editor (and the game) that these two meshes are actually belonging together?

Does anyone know where the hell I can find the little purple cloth bit of this armor;

I mean, it SHOULD be on costumes_4, and the rest IS there, but I can't find the purple bit.:???:

I just cant get this working! I download python but its only a TINY lil window. I tried to write what It said in the post but its not working, someone give me the real Python please.

FrisianDude said:
Does anyone know where the hell I can find the little purple cloth bit of this armor;

I mean, it SHOULD be on costumes_4, and the rest IS there, but I can't find the purple bit.:???:

did you find it? the lamellar breast one you mean? it's costumes8 top left.

The current morale drop when "teamkilling" (friendly kills) is way to small imho, I mean: -1 morale point for beheading one of your own troops during combat, even if it's an accident...

-10 or more makes for a less arcady combat approach.

I like the challenge so i always have full damage on friendly, but now as it seams it doesn't matter that much. Why?
watch the example below:

Player:
"Errhm...Stanley. Sorry for piercing your lifetime-trusty compadre. He was your nephew, right?"
Hired Blade:
"Well, you know, at first I was furious but then, when we won the battle (your party gains xx morale), I actually felt happier than ever!"
Player:
"Yeah, amazing what a fruit basket and a handful of dead foes can do for morale. As you were, private."

I found the trigger that monitors friendly fire and the script to calculate morale loss, but no matter what I do i'm stuck with the old -1 morale per kill. I'm not at home atm so I can't paste the code...

Any suggestions?

Grab a new global and make sure to set it to zero when going into every mission template.  When you off a friendly, add/subtract to/from that value.  Upon mission completion, do a zero check and act accordingly.  I haven't tested it, but it looks like post-fight morale gain is at the end of party_give_xp_and_gold.  The -1 is in check_friendly_kills and can be changed to whatever you like (I tested that one). 

It works fine now. The thing is i've already tried what you suggested earlier with bad results.
Always spooky when things just start to work all of a sudden...compile, typo, whatever.

Anyway, for anyone interested in suffering from plummeting morale due to cross-eyed archery, check this out:

(module_scripts.py)
# script_check_friendly_kills
  # Input: none
  # Output: none (changes the morale of the player's party)
  ("check_friendly_kills",
    [(get_player_agent_own_troop_kill_count, ":count"),
    (try_begin),
      (neq, "$g_player_current_own_troop_kills", ":count"),
      (val_sub, ":count", "$g_player_current_own_troop_kills"),
      (val_add, "$g_player_current_own_troop_kills", ":count"),
      (val_mul, ":count", -25), # default is: -1
      (call_script, "script_change_player_party_morale", ":count"),
    (try_end),
  ]),

yup, it's quiet a nerve-wrecking dive, but fun. I think...  :shock:
script_change_player_party_morale will clamp the value to avoid negative numbers...

Initializing...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "process_global_variables.py", line 11, in <module>
    from process_operations import *
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Darren\Desktop\ModuleSystem\process_operations
.py", line 14, in <module>
    from module_troops import *
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Darren\Desktop\ModuleSystem\module_troops.py",
line 545, in <module>
    [itm_hatchet,itm_club,itm_flintlock_pistol,itm_cartridges,itm_paddedjacket,i
tm_leatherbootsg,itm_facemask],
NameError: name 'itm_leatherbootsg' is not defined
Exporting strings...
Exporting skills...
Exporting tracks...
Exporting animations...
Exporting meshes...
Exporting sounds...
Exporting skins...
  File "process_map_icons.py", line 6, in <module>
line 545, in <module>
Exporting faction data...
Exporting item data...
  File "process_items.py", line 59, in <module>
line 545, in <module>
Exporting scene data...
  File "process_scenes.py", line 15, in <module>
line 545, in <module>
  File "process_troops.py", line 4, in <module>
line 545, in <module>
Exporting particle data...
  File "process_scene_props.py", line 7, in <module>
line 545, in <module>
  File "process_tableau_materials.py", line 8, in <module>
line 545, in <module>
  File "process_presentations.py", line 8, in <module>
line 545, in <module>
Exporting party_template data...
  File "process_parties.py", line 6, in <module>
line 545, in <module>
Exporting quest data...
  File "process_scripts.py", line 7, in <module>
line 545, in <module>
  File "process_mission_tmps.py", line 8, in <module>
line 545, in <module>
  File "process_game_menus.py", line 8, in <module>
line 545, in <module>
  File "process_simple_triggers.py", line 5, in <module>
line 545, in <module>
  File "process_dialogs.py", line 9, in <module>
line 545, in <module>
  File "process_global_variables_unused.py", line 3, in <module>
line 545, in <module>

Script processing has ended.
Press any key to exit. . .

Got this problem when trying to give the looters new equipment, any idea what I did wrong?

But there is, all the items it says dont exist do  :sad:

[EDIT] Thanks, that was the problem actually, it exists but it was called itm_leather_bootsg  :lol:

Anyone know where(if possible) I can change "X was killed by Y" and "X was knocked unconcious by Y"? Help is appreciated!

mount and blade/languages/en/ui.csv

Search for:
  ui_value_killed_by_value|%s killed by %s.

IMO, this looks like a sprintf string so you'd need to keep the order of the two replacement strings the same.  I don't know what the rules are for modding this kind of thing, though.

Let's say i want a unique archer with bonus against shields. Should both the bow and arrows have that bonus flag or is it enough with one of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom