Modders: Map boundary issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Fujiwara

Sergeant at Arms
Have any of the other mods with custom maps had issues with wrong boundaries in v.89x? I've got my map_min_x, etc variables set in module.ini, but for some reason the game defaults to the Native settings of +/-70 in both axes. Thanks!

The only problem I had was that module.ini thing you did, once I changed that to be 110 to -110 or whatever I was all good.

I used whatever size map Thorngrims generates by itself though, I think I just needed slightly larger boundaries for the camera in the corners.

You are dragging those Red Boundaries Walls back in Thorngrims right?

Uh scratch that I didn't see who you were (I love Onin no Ran man ahaha).

Anyway I did all that (within those parameters) and it all seemed to work for me.

And on a possibly related note:

A couple reasons some people have that "can't walk here and there" bug is because they either got some mountain transition tiles semi-invisbly mixed into their map or they started out with a new totally flat map and didn't raise the entire thing up a little from the sea level, for some reason a totally flat map is full of those "can't move here" things.

Or at least it was that way for me.

All I had to do was go in with the Elevator Tool set on Huge Radius and Hardly Any Elevation and spritz the hole map a couple times and suddenly I could walk everywhere heh.

Thorngrim fixed the one real problem I had while I was working on my map in his latest release (incompatibilities between the 80x and 89x party files), and then he added a bunch of new tiles we could play with and let us twist the towns and cities around on top of it, the guy is awesome man.

Maybe there's a problem you are having with an older version party.txt file or something? Something definitely changed, the version of Thorngrims I was trying to use at first couldn't save a 89x parties.txt file so I just learned to do that all by hand.

I didn't have any problems using a thorngrim-created 80x map.txt with an 89x mod though, as long as I did my own parties.txt for it and got rid of the one it generated.

Wow, a fan :grin: Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy it.

Figured out my problem; somehow my text editor stripped out all the newlines in the file. Had to go back in with Notepad and put them back in. Works great now.

Back
Top Bottom