Mod Recommendations

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm slightly saddened that no one remembered The Nameless mod for DX.
Even though I've never finished it.

Anyway, sorry but I don't know anything about Forgotten battles mods.

But. There's a few rather interesting mods for Tiberian Sun(now free if anyone failed to get the memo during all these years), namely one called Twisted Insurrection which goes on in an alternate storyline of what happened if you played Nod in the first game (though I don't really see the two storylines excluding each other in the first).

And there's something called Cold war Crisis if you have Zero Hour.

And something called Fleet Operations if you've got ST Armada2.

By the way, does anyone know of any fun M2TW mods that make sense of the whole time thing and give the player more boom to play with?

It's gonna be spoilerific, though.
Well, it's not finished but it's rather interesting and requires some thinking to pull off.
For example, in one Nod mission, you have to use flamer infantry to start a forest fire (and these are extensive) to blow up some crates which are guarded by some monster infantry that would make short work of your few man squad.
And in the GDI campaign, I had to use their disk throwers to destroy hostile lasers from a safe distance by using the bounce of their grenades to outrange them since they'd wipe you out othervise.
You get just enough units to take care of the job (usually) and if you're not careful, you'll be ****ed.
There's a lot more tiberium fauna already included and they're adding red tib though it's not finished (hopefully it's not gonna die).
The skirmish is also far more challenging than vanilla but sadly, the superweapons are RA2 style base killers. And you get no timers on them so good luck with that.
Oh and I noticed that when I was doing fine in the missions, the game was trying to prove a point. Namely, by kicking me in the balls as a reward.
It's got some pretty nifty effects and they're adding some new theatres (Notably, an interior one) and most of the units are getting replaced.
There's also several tech buildings, a few of which let you build rather powerful units(aforementioned ammo crate guard) belonging to a supercorporation that kind of took GDI's place after the UN got tired of their friendly fire antics.
Oh and several of the Nod structures can be packed up and moved if you have redeployability enabled. Side effects include a certain lack of a construction field around several buildings regardless of that.
Sadly, a lot of the thing are still placeholders and initial stuff so that's kind of a sad bit. But the things that are done are at least decent.

Anyway, long story short: Hypie lykie!

Oh, yeah, I forgot, they gave Nod the butt ugly TW logo so that's what I really don't like.

I modded my Morrowind game so heavily, it has finally stopped working. With an immense amount of sadness, I have now decided to reinstall it completely, with a massive (about 5 GB) mod wipe :cry:

I shall be of more assistance to you tomorrow in that regard, once I make a definitive (working, hopefully) mod list of my own.

mgescreenshot59.jpg
Balmora, taken from the guide D'Sparil posted :eek:
And if it is indeed constantly updated, I might give it a shot sometime soon. It was a ***** to find the right versions or any version at all with the older guides.

Wellenbrecher said:
mgescreenshot59.jpg
Balmora, taken from the guide D'Sparil posted :eek:
And if it is indeed constantly updated, I might give it a shot sometime soon. It was a ***** to find the right versions or any version at all with the older guides.
what the hell, I always imagined it to be a dreary sandcastle sort of place (like Lut Gholein) and now it's like Kurast? :O

Anyone have good mod ideas for Rome (with Alexander), Medieval 2(no kingdoms), Empire or Napoleon?

I've already played EB, and am not interested in RS2.

Also, mods for Civ V would be nice too.

For Empire I'd go with Darth Mod Ultimate Commander every single bloody time. Apart from some seriously unnecessary amounts of units for some factions, it's a clear step forward.
Never found a mod for Napoleon that interested me. Not that there were that many.
Medieval 2... I always liked Deus Vult. But that requires Kingdoms for any of the recent versions. The old one without Kingdoms isn't really worth it.
Rome's Alexander expansion AI with EB is the only mod for Rome that ever managed to fascinate me for any prolonged amount of time after I first tried it.

I might edit in the Civ V mods I use later on. Can't be arsed to start the game right now to check all the cryptic abbreviations in the folder.

Back
Top Bottom