Mod info: Operations

Users who are viewing this thread

eatgreencrayons said:
1. operation 10203 . . . troop_join(X), is there a way to modify the number of said troops to join your party, or do you have to copy the bit of code a bunch of times?

Maybe try using the Y argument?

and 2. operation 10090 . . . learn_skill(X), what is the range of numbers corresponding to the skill? -(guess and check only revealed that anything between 1 and 19 revealed "you learned nothing new" while 20 and above ((as far as I checked)) came back with an error.) Who does it apply to, and if possible, how do you set the amount to increment the skill by?

I think the skill_id would be the index of the skill in skills.txt. So I would think 0 to 20. (20 caused an error?). I think it would only apply to the player.

I don't know if all of the descriptions and parameters are correct. Hopefully, armagan can look over them and tell us which need some correction.

I have a question. Lets say there is one conditional operation and after that two normal operations, and the condition fails. Will the second operation run?

Code:
if (0 == 1)
do_stuff()
do_the_other_stuff()

Will it do_the_other_stuff() ?

If they are in seperate lines.

1. If blah blah blah.... do operation x (goto 3)
2. operation y
3. blah blah blah.

If a condition fails in a line, that stops processing of anything else in that line Im pretty sure.

Quick question:

If a parameter is specified as a register, is it legal to use 0x1000000 to indicate reg[0] rather than just using 0? Same for cookies.

Also, is it legal to use a cookie where a register is specified, or does the type simply affect how a 'zero' value is handled?

What is the difference between opcodes 20029 and 20048?

Also, if you're interested, I'm working on a quick and dirty utility to help easily write conversation files (and possibly trigger files in the future), in a method similar to the following:

Code:
#include "head.h"

/* Order:
	SPEAKER CONVERSATION OPNUM OPS TEXT NEXT OPNUM OPS 
*/

BEGIN
	SPEAKER(4,0,0)
	CONVERSATION(0)
	NUM_OP(0)
	TEXT(Hello_lad)
	NEXT_CONVERSATION(1)
	NUM_OP(0)
END

BEGIN
	SPEAKER(4,0,0)
	CONVERSATION(1)
	NUM_OP(2)
		STORE_CHARACTER_LEVEL(REG(0), 0)
		GE(REG(0), 5)
	TEXT(You_are_weak)
	NEXT_CONVERSATION(6)
	NUM_OP(1)
		INC( COOKIE(1) )
END

BEGIN
	SPEAKER(4,0,0) CONVERSATION(1) /* Whitespace is flexible */
	NUM_OP(0)
	TEXT(You_are_not_weak)
	NEXT_CONVERSATION(6)
	NUM_OP(0)
END

#include "tail.h"

Generates:

Code:
4 0 0 Hello_lad 1 0
4 1 2 20071 16777216 0 10 16777216 5 You_are_weak 6 1 20013 33554433
4 1 0 You_are_not_weak 6 0

('Begin' really isn't necessary, it's syntactic sugar)

Really it's just a bunch of hacks that are heavily dependant on the C preprocessor, but it seems to work fairly well so far.

omg o_O so if i want to make a great horse what do i need to fill in there and what numbers will make for example speed or so?

And yes this stuff quite makes me get headache...

Jmn said:
If a parameter is specified as a register, is it legal to use 0x1000000 to indicate reg[0] rather than just using 0? Same for cookies.

Also, is it legal to use a cookie where a register is specified, or does the type simply affect how a 'zero' value is handled?

What is the difference between opcodes 20029 and 20048?

I don't know. I'm afraid you'll have to try it...

Also, if you're interested, I'm working on a quick and dirty utility to help easily write conversation files (and possibly trigger files in the future), in a method similar to the following:

This is pretty similar to the tools that Armagan is going to release, except using Python.

I will come straight out and admit this:
I don't understand.
Could someone please explain this in laymens terms so simple that even someone who's never touched a PC in his life could understand? Obviously I have used a PC before but I'm out of my depth here and would like help.

I'll have to go back on that. I downloaded it but my computer is "not configured correctly to use this .exe program" or something like that. Very annoying.

I think you must you must install an additional program for it to work. It's mentioned in the other editor (Effidian's unofficial editor). Maybe I'm wrong though.

Hum...
I don't understand the different value of ai_behaviour/goals && ai_object ?
Someone can this detailled a little... plz :roll:

p.s. si un francophone passe dans le coin, un mp sur la question serait le Bienvenu... je pense que j'interprete "mal" certain terme courant loll :???:

yehrom said:
Hum...
I don't understand the different value of ai_behaviour/goals && ai_object ?
Someone can this detailled a little... plz :roll:

p.s. si un francophone passe dans le coin, un mp sur la question serait le Bienvenu... je pense que j'interprete "mal" certain terme courant loll :???:
AI behaviour is basicaly a number describing what the party will act like, to see valid AI behaviours check Effidian's unofficial editor... There is a list of behaviours in the party editor so just see what behaviour you need and figure out the number from it's position in the list.

AI object depends on the behaviour, generally it's either 0 or a town ID or a party ID.

Back
Top Bottom